PDA

View Full Version : A patch is on the way.........4-7% performance increase

ABR Getif
11-05-2015, 08:57
Just read this over here.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/18813-project-cars-patch-will-improve-performance-xbox-one-4-7-dev-explains-no.html

Sooner the better, but be patient guys this game will be fixed and awesome in no time.

misery guts
11-05-2015, 09:21
Great news, hopefully won't be too long...

Plato99
11-05-2015, 09:22
Very Happy Bunny here in Derbyshire :)
Keep up the good work.

MRM3RL1N
11-05-2015, 09:25
Hey ABR, thanks for the update, correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you one of the guys that always seem to be up at the top of the leaderboards?

Retro_uk
11-05-2015, 09:26
I just hope that the performance increase isn't delaying them getting the controller patch out. I want to start playing this and am slightly concerned that the patch will take longer if there are more updates in it that need to be checked and re-checked. Give me proper steering now and get the fps increase out later?

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 09:29
Hoping when i turn on my console later it tells me to update PCars. :emmersed:

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 09:39
Number One Priority has the Issue with the Controll (Gamepad)...

And you also have to see that the Person (Coder) who is working on FPS Improvements is another Person that the one who is triyng to fix the Controller Issues ;)

ABR Getif
11-05-2015, 09:49
Hey ABR, thanks for the update, correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you one of the guys that always seem to be up at the top of the leaderboards?

Howdy, yes its our racing league. We have a few members, so it might be a few of us your seeing up there.

MRM3RL1N
11-05-2015, 09:54
Thought as much, you guys have balls of steel!! would it be okay if i added you and maybe got some pointers? i'm really keen on improving but some extra advice would be amazing! hope that isn't too much trouble?

ABR Getif
11-05-2015, 10:17
Sure, gamertag ABR Getif

Beagle Five
11-05-2015, 10:21
Pleaseee make the sticks have 100% travel!!!

MRM3RL1N
11-05-2015, 10:22
Thanks, will add you in a bit! :D

Nignire
11-05-2015, 11:19
Great news re a patch I really believe this will be the best race sim ever if the iron out the problems.

Acksios
11-05-2015, 11:21
Great news!!!

Srt8 300c
11-05-2015, 11:33
Just read this over here.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/18813-project-cars-patch-will-improve-performance-xbox-one-4-7-dev-explains-no.html

Sooner the better, but be patient guys this game will be fixed and awesome in no time.

Thanks for sharing with us!!
Cannot wait!

This devs seem to be working hard.

N30n117
11-05-2015, 12:16
To be honest I'm just hoping they sort out the controller issues, and quick. While I am slowly getting used to it, having to constantly readjust the analogue stick minutely just so you don't end up in a huge tanks slappers isn't right. I've done all the sensitivity and dead zone tweaks, it seems to be an issue that's just on the Xbox one, can't see others on other platforms having similar issues.
Really hope they sort it because I really want to love this game

cliffter88
11-05-2015, 12:24
I'm enjoying the game more with the settings I have but I still feel like I'm constantly worried about loosing control of the car! I just hope a fix for all the issues is released ASAP

ABR Getif
11-05-2015, 14:55
I think the patch is out tomorrow, just as america get the game.

Loochst3r
11-05-2015, 14:57
I think it may be a week or 2 before any patch, as it will have to be passed by Microsoft first, which they're not normally too fast at doing.

Bryer
11-05-2015, 15:13
I think it may be a week or 2 before any patch, as it will have to be passed by Microsoft first, which they're not normally too fast at doing.
The process is differend now. They have removed certification now and companies can push patches out quicker Without a full certification process.

menaceuk
11-05-2015, 15:17

LOL, nah fella. If they put it through already then we could have it tomorrow or Wednesday, assuming there is nothing wrong with the patch.

Blackvault
11-05-2015, 15:19
Guys there is no point speculating when this will be available. Most likely there will be a forum announcement when it is due or when it has arrived. Until then its all guess work.

Pete

DeviR11
11-05-2015, 15:28
So I guess that our friends in America playing on Xbox One will be tomorrow very happy, when they'll find out, that game is without wheel unplayable...

o Mike V o
11-05-2015, 15:33
I'm still eagerly waiting for midnight.

AsHeavenIsWide
11-05-2015, 15:53
In my opinion any Americans who are considering buying this tomorrow should atleast wait until the controller patch is out to avoid dissapointment and out of pocket.

menaceuk
11-05-2015, 16:01
So I guess that our friends in America playing on Xbox One will be tomorrow very happy, when they'll find out, that game is without wheel unplayable...

I have played this unplayable game for 15 hours now. Guess what, I am loving it. I just want the performance aspect of this patch and I am hot to trot.

Ixoye56
11-05-2015, 16:37
Since it must passed by Microsoft first i have no hopes for release this week :(

Hubcap
11-05-2015, 16:38
I have played this unplayable game for 15 hours now. Guess what, I am loving it. I just want the performance aspect of this patch and I am hot to trot.

Amen to that. Pending the controller patch, I'm sticking to circuits I know, taking it somewhat steady and still leaving the circuit at least once a lap! But the potential of this game is immense.

Jim sublime5446
11-05-2015, 17:40
Will there be a patch in the future for online lobbies and most importantly of all a leaderboard system made up of vehicle categories so FA, FB, FC are seperated etc?

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 17:42
There is unfortunately a longer accreditation and QA process for these things than we'd prefer chaps but we've built the fixes into a new build already and are pressuring everyone as much as possibly to get it out as soon as possible.

Benja190782
11-05-2015, 17:52
There is unfortunately a longer accreditation and QA process for these things than we'd prefer chaps but we've built the fixes into a new build already and are pressuring everyone as much as possibly to get it out as soon as possible.

Thank you, Ian - is it possible in the future to make the wheel and controller/keyboard active in-game at the same time, so we can assign buttons on the controller/keyboard on Xbox One - it's a must because of the lack of buttons on our TX wheels.

Could you just mention it for the team, please?

Loochst3r
11-05-2015, 17:55

Is it already in Microsofts hands Ian?

The Monk
11-05-2015, 18:09
Will there be any fix for the tx racing wheel in this update? I have both the xb1 and the pc versions, ffb is a lot better on the pc, its not perfect by any means like theres still no rumble strip feel but its much more playable than the xb1 version

Jim sublime5446
11-05-2015, 18:19
Well youve done a fantastic job with the game so far and im looking forward to the improvements...dont forget to fix the leaderboards ;) lol

Ixoye56
11-05-2015, 18:31

Well done Ian! I hope you take a nice relaxing holiday after all the worst has subsided :positive:

PaulxB
11-05-2015, 19:06
I'm not so sure what can be rectified with a patch regarding the terrible frame rate the XB1 version suffers from. A 4-7% increase in performance just wont be enough. The game stutters and slows down so much it gives me a headache. I would have preferred it locked at 30 FPS, at least it would run smoother. The only time it runs smoothly is when you are time trialing in clear conditions.

ABR Getif
11-05-2015, 19:10

Excellent news.
Thanks for the heads up.

Beagle Five
11-05-2015, 19:11

Of course I would have liked the steering to have been good from the start, but I cant see that you could have handeld this any better then you have!
Super Kudos to you and your team!

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 20:30
Thank you, Ian - is it possible in the future to make the wheel and controller/keyboard active in-game at the same time, so we can assign buttons on the controller/keyboard on Xbox One - it's a must because of the lack of buttons on our TX wheels.

Could you just mention it for the team, please?

It's added to the list yes.

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 20:30
Is it already in Microsofts hands Ian?

Not yet, it goes through Bandai first.

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 20:32
I'm not so sure what can be rectified with a patch regarding the terrible frame rate the XB1 version suffers from. A 4-7% increase in performance just wont be enough. The game stutters and slows down so much it gives me a headache. I would have preferred it locked at 30 FPS, at least it would run smoother. The only time it runs smoothly is when you are time trialing in clear conditions.

Looking at the DF stress tests this isn't the case. In the dry it's 60 FPS most of the time. I don't think locking at 30 is needed as we're finding more performance every week and will continue to do so.

OneBadHuskerFan
11-05-2015, 20:37
Looking at the DF stress tests this isn't the case. In the dry it's 60 FPS most of the time. I don't think locking at 30 is needed as we're finding more performance every week and will continue to do so.

Agreed. Please don't listen to the "would rather have it locked at 30fps crowd". Is it perfect? No, but you guys are doing a bang up job at keeping us informed and I for one look forward to the performance increases to come.

Bobbydakid
11-05-2015, 20:41
Seriously you can't have a racing sim at 30fps in 2015! Stick to 60 fps please :)

Im Sorry
11-05-2015, 20:56
Have to say I have played it since I got it and I'm finding if you persevere the handling does get easier with a controller.Once all the niggles are sorted it will easily be the best driving game on Xbox one! And I was quite critical when I first played it!

ABR Getif
11-05-2015, 20:57
Thanks for replying to all the questions so far Ian Bell.

Also a question from myself.
Ive seen quite a large drop in FPS when entering spray from the vehicle in front on a wet track, will this get addressed sooner rather than later?
Thanks.

menaceuk
11-05-2015, 21:01
Have to say I have played it since I got it and I'm finding if you persevere the handling does get easier with a controller.Once all the niggles are sorted it will easily be the best driving game on Xbox one! And I was quite critical when I first played it!

What settings are you using?

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 21:02
Thanks for replying to all the questions so far Ian Bell.

Also a question from myself.
Ive seen quite a large drop in FPS when entering spray from the vehicle in front on a wet track, will this get addressed sooner rather than later?
Thanks.

We are looking at optimising particles also yes.

ABR Getif
11-05-2015, 21:06
We are looking at optimising particles also yes.

Okie dokie, just looking forward to a Le Mans race with rain and no FPS drop.
Thanks again.

Im Sorry
11-05-2015, 21:10
What settings are you using?

Steering deadzone 0
Steering sensitivity 0
Throttle dead zone 0
Throttle sensitivity 25
Brake dead zone 0
Brake sensitivity 30
Clutch dead zone 0
Clutch sensitivity 45
Speed sensitivity 80
Controller filter 0
Controller input mode 3
Advanced off

Bryer
11-05-2015, 21:34
Having it installed on a USB external drive, does drastically improve Xbox 1 performance.

Psychomatrix
11-05-2015, 21:37

I've got high respect that you here in the forum and answer here our question and don't try to denying the issues and probs. That gives hope for better performance in the future and show us that we take the right decision to buy project cars even on the X1

OneBadHuskerFan
11-05-2015, 21:39
Having it installed on a USB external drive, does drastically improve Xbox 1 performance.

That's good to hear and honestly something I was wondering myself before I get it running tonight. I use a 7200rpm external so am hoping to get a little better performance compared to the internal.

Bryer
11-05-2015, 21:41
That's good to hear and honestly something I was wondering myself before I get it running tonight. I use a 7200rpm external so am hoping to get a little better performance compared to the internal.

It looks like anything over 4TB external or a large drive with 5400rpm the game struggles. If you have the 1 to 3TB with 7200rpm, you should see a great deal of improvement.

OneBadHuskerFan
11-05-2015, 21:44
It looks like anything over 4TB external or a large drive with 5400rpm the game struggles. If you have the 1 to 3TB with 7200rpm, you should see a great deal of improvement.

I have a 1TB 7200rpm so I'm good! :)

Captnkuesel
11-05-2015, 23:18
Do 5400rpm externals help at all then?

HEF51
11-05-2015, 23:41

I'd like to hear from a dev first to see if this is true. I know it is known that the internal drive on the X1 is very slow.

Umer Ahmad
11-05-2015, 23:50
I think just about every PC player is running this off SSD, only the best for project cars!

pover74
12-05-2015, 00:03
Derbyshire
to pal where abouts have to join 1 night

merge111
12-05-2015, 00:22
This patch really can't come soon enough...

But I must say it's been brilliant how interactive you SMS members have been with the community. Really appreciate it!

OneBadHuskerFan
12-05-2015, 01:23
I'd like to hear from a dev first to see if this is true. I know it is known that the internal drive on the X1 is very slow.

As far as devs are concerned it doesn't matter. They have to develop for the internal drive regardless of how much better any externals may work.

ThreeAngryOwls
12-05-2015, 01:33
Have to say, it's incredibly rare to see developers active with the community and treating us like human beings. It's rare to see this kind of engagement between community and developers and even those that are active usually dodge questions left, right and centre. A loyal fan base that respects developers is much more valuable than any amount of money that most developers appear to value more.

Much respect. :)

Charles Gillen
12-05-2015, 02:35
You know, seeing Mr. Bell posting here personally, and knowing that SMS is actually working on these issues makes me feel better about paying twice for a game I still havent played yet..Talk about blind faith...

From what I've seen while ghosting around twitch, I belive it will be a good investment. So thank you Ian for careing enough to keep us updated personally.

Cherles Gillen.

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 03:40
I have a 1TB 7200rpm so I'm good! :)

I'm on Xbox One too - so it HAS to be like 1TB 7200rpm, why not 4TB 7200rpm??
How does the size play a part of the performance? Is it not all about rpm?

Kinna39
12-05-2015, 05:38
Just another question here - are there any plans to enhance the leaderboards with some filtering (ie. Friends only)? Also by car type would be nice - as I'd like to be able to Time Trial some of the slower road cars etc and actually be able to compete on a leaderboard.

Otherwise bang up job guys... Loving the game

menaceuk
12-05-2015, 05:52
Just another question here - are there any plans to enhance the leaderboards with some filtering (ie. Friends only)? Also by car type would be nice - as I'd like to be able to Time Trial some of the slower road cars etc and actually be able to compete on a leaderboard.

Otherwise bang up job guys... Loving the game

I am sure they will be considering such things. However, there are far more important things to sort out at the moment.

Acksios
12-05-2015, 06:31
Have to say, it's incredibly rare to see developers active with the community and treating us like human beings. It's rare to see this kind of engagement between community and developers and even those that are active usually dodge questions left, right and centre. A loyal fan base that respects developers is much more valuable than any amount of money that most developers appear to value more.

Much respect. :)

Totally agree! Great job for the team!

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 06:33
The RPM of the hard drive will just reduce the load times, so you do not need to really worry about what you have. 7200 rpm and >2 TB do require an external power source though, so be aware that there will be another plug and cable to worry about.

As far as the length of load times are concerned (worst to best):

Internal > 5400 rpm external > 7200 rpm external > SSD external

chillgreg
12-05-2015, 07:30
I would read this article before making too many assumptions about any dramatic (or even noticeable) performance increases from an external drive:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-xbox-one-external-hard-drive-upgrade-guide

chihuahuacopter
12-05-2015, 08:35
In my opinion any Americans who are considering buying this tomorrow should atleast wait until the controller patch is out to avoid dissapointment and out of pocket.

Sad to say that the controls and the slowdown are already disappointing us over here across the pond.

Hoping the patch makes the game more stable.

ARusling
12-05-2015, 08:43
Great to hear that you guys are still optimising after release. Keep up the good work ;)