PDA

View Full Version : I want my money back

Bloyski
11-05-2015, 10:35
I have made multiple posts about various different issues but the fact of the matter is even if we get a patch in a couple of days it isn't going to fix all the problems.
I want a full refund because what I have paid 50 DOESNT WORK.
Ian Bell if your reading this I would like to discuss with you about getting a refund please.

grester
11-05-2015, 10:39
I have made multiple posts about various different issues but the fact of the matter is even if we get a patch in a couple of days it isn't going to fix all the problems.
Ian Bell if your reading this I would like to discuss with you about getting a refund please.
There isn't going to be just one patch n'or a refund I believe. I suggest getting in touch with WMD more personally on their website or support.

Joshua Healy
11-05-2015, 10:43
SMS can't give you a refund if you bought it from a store... I suggest going into the store you bought it from and taking it up with them.
If you bought it digitally (PlayStation/Microsoft store) I would contract them.

Bloyski
11-05-2015, 10:45
I brought it digitally on the Xbox store so I think I don't have a chance but going to try anyway as this game for me at least is not playable.

kofotsjanne
I want my childhood back. Not going to happen and neither will you get your money back. Sorry. Take it as a lesson learned and wait for real reviews and peoples opinions about the game. Thats the hard truth.

Bloyski
GTFO

kofotsjanne
11-05-2015, 10:46
GTFO
I did a edit to my post since it sounded a bit rude and that wasnt how i meant.

MysterG
11-05-2015, 10:48
GTFO

No need for that, or kofotsjanne's post.

Can we all try to not wind up people who are obviously upset and frustrated please.

Joshua Healy
11-05-2015, 10:49
I brought it digitally on the Xbox store so I think I don't have a chance but going to try anyway as this game for me at least is not playable.

There was a guy the other day that bought it from the Microsoft store and did manage to get a refund... Not sure how he did it but I imagine if you send an email explaining the issues they should have no choice.

If you do manage to get your refund you can always check back in time when the issues are fixed :)

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 10:49
I want my childhood back. Not going to happen and neither will you get your money back. Sorry. Take it as a lesson learned and wait for real reviews and peoples opinions about the game. Thats the hard truth.

We'll the reviews are mid 80's or so. I don't think that would preclude a purchase.

SL1DE
11-05-2015, 10:50

What issues are you having? Because I'm having a blast and haven't had any issues besides my system freezing and resetting itself once during a Superkart race... Besides that the game is running smooth as silk.

Oh, and you shouldn't be asking SMS for a refund, you should be demanding it from where ever you purchased it from. Like the retail store or PS Store, but I doubt they'll accept refunds.

Bloyski
11-05-2015, 10:52
Well getting a refund is more possible than getting your childhood back. The issues I am experiencing are game braking so as that's the case I want my money back. With any other product that you brought and it didn't work like you have been told countless time that it would then you would want your money back and this is no different.
Until us gamers actually start standing up for ourselves instead of just saying it will be ok in a couple of months when they release patches and stuff.
Well if that's the case don't charge the people who buy it at the beginning full price for the pleasure to test it for them.
If we just accept this current situation with games releasing then it will just carry on being like this.

kofotsjanne
11-05-2015, 10:53
We'll the reviews are mid 80's or so. I don't think that would preclude a purchase.
I didnt mean gaming magazines and things like that. I was talking about people that he knows that he kinda shares the same opinions with, whats good and whats not so good. To follow a few youtubers that he share a thought about whats "fun/good" and whats "not so fun/not so good" in games is a good start and will save him and others a lot of $$$$. :) To wait a couple of days to see how people react on forums is also a good way to go.

and Bloyski I didnt mean to sound rude in my earlier post.

Sankyo
11-05-2015, 10:54
Well getting a refund is more possible than getting your childhood back. The issues I am experiencing are game braking so as that's the case I want my money back. With any other product that you brought and it didn't work like you have been told countless time that it would then you would want your money back and this is no different.
Until us gamers actually start standing up for ourselves instead of just saying it will be ok in a couple of months when they release patches and stuff.
Well if that's the case don't charge the people who buy it at the beginning full price for the pleasure to test it for them.
If we just accept this current situation with games releasing then it will just carry on being like this.
No big piece of software will never ever be error-free at release. The best you can hope for is continuous support from its developer, and that's exactly what SMS is going to do.

Bloyski
11-05-2015, 10:55
Well that's not good enough imo

Bloyski
11-05-2015, 10:56

Any ideas where to exactly contact them from please?

Fidius
11-05-2015, 10:58
Maybe its your machine thats screwed up and not the game? Maybe you should take your console or pc back ? Or instead of demanding a refund take a chill 💊 and give things a chance .....

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 10:59
Any ideas where to exactly contact them from please?

I don't understand what you're asking, sorry.

Stretch
11-05-2015, 11:00
No big piece of software will never ever be error-free at release. The best you can hope for is continuous support from its developer, and that's exactly what SMS is going to do.

Well you say that but 10 years ago devs were not rushing their games to come out as they didn't have the benefit of releasing patches back then :p. I like the game but I still think there are many stupid bugs and issues that should have been ironed out before its release.

kofotsjanne
Maybe its your machine thats screwed up and not the game? Maybe you should take your console or pc back ? Or instead of demanding a refund take a chill �� and give things a chance .....
If its hes console that have an issue I dont think this thread would exist: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22817-Please-read-Xbox-One-Issues

@Ian_Bell, i think he mean who to contact for a refund.

Blackvault
Well that's not good enough imo

Well we are human after all. The devs are doing a sterling job looking into these issues as a top priority. There are a many a company that would bury their head in the sands.

Pete

Bloyski
11-05-2015, 11:01
It's not my console as many many other people are getting loads of issues. If you haven't got anything constructive to add then don't bother. I would be more than happy to wait for them to fix it if I hadn't already paid 50 for it!

robnroll88
11-05-2015, 11:01
hi Bloyski, i got a refund after I purchased Halo MCC through the xbox, I contacted customer support through the website through there online chat, explained my issues with the game, and they deleted the game from my cloud and refunded to my card, hope this helps

Bloyski
11-05-2015, 11:03
I don't understand what you're asking, sorry.

Who and how at Microsoft do I contact about getting a refund please? If no one at your end can do it could you please put me in touch with someone who can help me please?

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 11:03
If its hes console that have an issue I dont think this thread would exist: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22817-Please-read-Xbox-One-Issues

@Ian_Bell, i think he mean who to contact for a refund.

We don't sell the game, we make it. Three months from now we get a small cut of that sale. Refunds have to come from the point of purchase.

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 11:04
I should add Bloyski. We've resolved the controller issues and some other issues which we're prepping to go into a patch now. This will be released right after Microsoft clear it.

Bloyski
11-05-2015, 11:05
hi Bloyski, i got a refund after I purchased Halo MCC through the xbox, I contacted customer support through the website through there online chat, explained my issues with the game, and they deleted the game from my cloud and refunded to my card, hope this helps

Thanks for this :) will try it now.

X Gabe 62 X
11-05-2015, 11:05
If you think this game is wasted cash (which i don't as I'm loving it.... Warts an all), try early access to assetto corsa... That IS bad.... Very bad! Not in the same league as this game.

And if you're comparing content, try Dirt Rally! 18 tracks.... Lol!

Be patient.... This game.... And Dirt Rally.... Will improve with time.... Like a fine wine.

kofotsjanne
11-05-2015, 11:10
If you think this game is wasted cash (which i don't as I'm loving it.... Warts an all), try early access to assetto corsa... That IS bad.... Very bad! Not in the same league as this game.

And if you're comparing content, try Dirt Rally! 18 tracks.... Lol!

Be patient.... This game.... And Dirt Rally.... Will improve with time.... Like a fine wine.
Its pretty difficult to try EA of Assetto Corsa since it officially released.

eracerhead
11-05-2015, 11:11
I should add Bloyski. We've resolved the controller issues and some other issues which we're prepping to go into a patch now. This will be released right after Microsoft clear it.

First thing, Monday morning. This is the sort of response that made so many people buy into the WMD process years ago. Devs actually listen to you here. Just give them time to help you.

robnroll88
11-05-2015, 11:13
@Ian Bell, if you had just done an open beta for console gamers 75% of this whole forum would have no complaints, because the amount of faults in this game should have been picked up along time ago, on all platforms. Its obvious this has been a bit of a rush job, and at the minute, console gamers have paid 50 for a game in the Beta stage, hence people demanding refunds and why your sales will be affected. All this could of been avoided.....

hybrid.art
11-05-2015, 11:14
@Ian Bell, if you had just done an open beta for console gamers 75% of this whole forum would have no complaints, because the amount of faults in this game should have been picked up along time ago, on all platforms. Its obvious this has been a bit of a rush job, and at the minute, console gamers have paid 50 for a game in the Beta stage, hence people demanding refunds and why your sales will be affected. All this could of been avoided.....

There was simply no way to do a closed beta for WMD members. Just to clarify.
Im still waiting to see real bug descriptions instead of simple ranting in this thread.
Because this discussion is currently going nowhere, really...

robnroll88
11-05-2015, 11:18
There was simply no way to do a closed beta for WMD members. Just to clarify.

Then why was an properally untested game released to consumers at there expense???, if there was no way of realising a demo, or beta for people to test, like Battlefield hardline did for e.g., then why charge full price for a unfinished product???

robnroll88
11-05-2015, 11:24
Im still waiting to see real bug descriptions instead of simple ranting in this thread.

And your a WMD member??? haha, if you haven't seen on this site what the problems are then @Ian Bell I suggest your look who you have in your team, 75% of this forum is people reporting issues....Unbelievable thing to say

Ston3Cold
11-05-2015, 11:24

Is this patch only for XB1, or will it be for other platforms as well ? :)

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 11:26

That's impossible. During dev the game only runs on dev kits until it's branded by first party and mass produced on disc.

It certainly was not a rush job. I've posted elsewhere how much QA actually took place on consoles. It was substantial.

The important thing now that it's out in the wild with hundreds of thousands of users is that we quickly acknowledge the issues and fix them and that's what were doing.

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 11:27
Is this patch only for XB1, or will it be for other platforms as well ? :)

Xbox 1 for now. The controller problem is by far the most actually 'broken' issue. We're also working non stop internally on new builds for all formats. These will go out with the DLC packs and possibly before.

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 11:29
And your a WMD member??? haha, if you haven't seen on this site what the problems are then @Ian Bell I suggest your look who you have in your team, 75% of this forum is people reporting issues....Unbelievable thing to say

75% is a slight exaggeration :) The game is reviewing very well.
We've openly stated multiple times that we are acknowledging any valid issues and fixing them. The team worked Saturday and Sunday into the night to resolve the biggest issues and we're not stopping until the game is as near to perfect as it can be.

iv-tecman
11-05-2015, 11:36
The game does have plenty of problems agreed, but not enough to warrent asking for refund as actually everything works , it's just buggy and parts need fleshing out, performance fixes and visual issues.

I can handle missing features, I am not quite so tolerant of excessive performance issues or visual tearing , however what is good is good. Very additive. An open beta only works for online components and online in tbis title is working very well on ps4 from what I've seen. Its hardly a broken game. It's just a game that needs some work. Am l a little disappointed with ps4 in some regards, but if SMS fixed the bugs, shows repaly mode some love, fix photo mode to work in replay mode and make it gamepad friendly, fix performance and add pit crew , along with future dlc its maybe going to be an epic game...

So in summary. Game just needing TLC.

grester
11-05-2015, 11:37
We've openly stated multiple times that we are acknowledging any valid issues and fixing them. The team worked Saturday and Sunday into the night to resolve the biggest issues and we're not stopping until the game is as near to perfect as it can be.

Your solve queue is more focused on Elmo's issue thread or your just scrolling pages? Elmo's thread resembles a mantis bug tracker which is quite nice. More people would contribute if there was a more clear indication on how/where to submit and general purpose/usefulness of that thread. I've personally contributed a few stuff even though I've made my own "Mantis" thread.

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 11:38
Your solve queue is more focused on Elmo's issue thread or your just scrolling pages? Elmo's thread resembles a mantis system which is quite nice. More people would contribute if there was a more clear indication on how/where to submit and general purpose/usefulness of that thread.

Agreed, I do seem to be repeating myself.

We'll improve and we're learning as we go. We're not accustomed to these sort of post figures.

danowat
11-05-2015, 11:39
An option to remove the temporal AA from the PS4 version would be most welcome........

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 11:40
An option to remove the temporal AA from the PS4 version would be most welcome........

We are going to add that. Or a slider.

lawyer237
11-05-2015, 11:41
Xbox 1 for now. The controller problem is by far the most actually 'broken' issue. We're also working non stop internally on new builds for all formats. These will go out with the DLC packs and possibly before.

Unless I have missed it, and sorry if I have, would it not be sensible to make a consolidated post listing each platform, the issues on each and the progress on resolving them?

Thanks.

robnroll88
11-05-2015, 11:42
.It's just a game that needs some work.

Surely after 4 YEARS, 80,000 members, don't you expect the work to be pretty much done before you spend your money on something???:confused: I understand why its called PROJECT cars.......but most people don't want to buy a project, we want to buy the finished product.

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 11:43
Unless I have missed it, and sorry if I have, would it not be sensible to make a consolidated post listing each platform, the issues on each and the progress on resolving them?

Thanks.

We have that. The thing is a lot of 'issues' are personal preference requests etc. For now we're focusing on the big hitters which are all listed in the sticky threads for each platform.

Internally we are looking at everything though as a development team.

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 11:46
Surely after 4 YEARS, 80,000 members, don't you expect the work to be pretty much done before you spend your money on something???:confused:

The work is 'pretty much done'. We're a number one best seller and reviewing at mid 80's. It's easy to overestimate negativity.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-11-project-cars-races-to-pole-position-in-uk-chart

Smegsterman
11-05-2015, 11:48
Ok the games not perfect but I do absolutely love it.
The devs, wmd and @Ian Bell have done a remarkable job considering its multiplatform and small team......people seem to be forgetting that.

Hard to test console games when Microsoft not exactly helpful and its costly, this constant impatience and demanding attitude with gamers is quite ridiculous nowadays.
Try owning The crew....then you will understand poor customer service and bugs, been trying since January to get an answer from Ubisoft.
Fact is this is a game actively being looked after, this forum is monitored and when Head of studio is actually commenting and replying I doff my cap.

May sound a bit fanboyish but credit where credit is due.

Can we please act like adults?

iv-tecman
11-05-2015, 11:48
Surely after 4 YEARS, 80,000 members, don't you expect the work to be pretty much done before you spend your money on something???:confused:

I'm not making any excuses but the game is very complex and I have proven to myself that I can reduce visual tearing on ps4 by setting tbe weather to just one fixed weather type, yet enable dynamic weather I can see tearing. So engine has a lot to compute.

Its got so many genres of racing. It is a big game for a small indie team. Hence why I said game just needs work.

Its not broken. Everything works, just some stuff works better and some stuff needs work, I could play this game and with time earn all trophies and complete everything unlike drive club.. Less said about that games online the better..

Although project cars leaderboard are not working as well as they should..

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 11:49
I'm not making any excuses but the game is very complex and I have proven to myself that I can reduce visual tearing on ps4 by setting tbe weather to just one fixed weather type, yet enable dynamic weather I can see tearing. So engine has a lot to compute.

Its got so many genres of racing. It is a big game for a small indie team. Hence why I said game just needs work.

Its not broken. Everything works, just some stuff works better and some stuff needs work, I could play this game and with time earn all trophies and complete everything unlike drive club.. Less said about that games online the better..

Although project cars leaderboard are not working as well as they should..

Apart of course from the non adults, we don't endorse ageism in any form :)

mister dog
11-05-2015, 11:51
Well the game is quite expansive and when it works (which is most of the time on PC), it is very enjoyable.
I don't know what is up with studios in general these days, but it seems the testing phase isn't done properly anymore like in the old days, when things couldn't get patched afterwards. Develop till you drop and release it as soon as 90% of the features are cramped in there. Then the people who buy it function as bug testers themselves which leads to understandable frustration, and sometimes exaggerated reactions.

Fact of the matter is SMS is not alone in this, but that doesn't make the crapload of bugs and things that do not work properly more acceptable.
If car manufacturers would follow the same strategy there would be inferno's on every highway and thousands of casualties... :eek-new:

robnroll88
11-05-2015, 11:52
The work is 'pretty much done'. We're a number one best seller and reviewing at mid 80's. It's easy to overestimate negativity.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-11-project-cars-races-to-pole-position-in-uk-chart

And that chart is based on sales, yes of course the games going to sell, its been hyped up so much, but all these people who have spend hard earned money on this game was NOT under the impression that the game would have ALOT of issues like it has.

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 11:59
And that chart is based on sales, yes of course the games going to sell, its been hyped up so much, but all these people who have spend hard earned money on this game was NOT under the impression that the game would have ALOT of issues like it has.

You might have missed the review rating part.

Again guys, we acknowledge there are some issues and we're urgently working on fixing them.

Bloyski
11-05-2015, 12:04
I have just been in a long chat with a Microsoft customers service helper, they are fully aware of these issues and have said they will be talking to SMS because of this.
Even the guy I was talking too was saying his son was experiencing the same problems. I just hope I can still get a refund from Microsoft after all this.

For all the people saying it's fine and stop winging, you don't know what other people are having to put up with, if your is running smoothly then lucky you and I wish mine was but the fact is it's not. So stop trying to fan boy and say just get better at it as that's not the issue here.

To all the people at SMS & WMD who have been helpful I thank you, and I do hope that you resolve these issues quickly as it will be a very good game but for the time being I won't be playing it and when I get a refund will be spending the money elsewhere.

grester
11-05-2015, 12:08
Ian stop replying the same thing over again and go back to work. No need for more PR in this thread :P

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 12:14
Ian stop replying the same thing over again and go back to work. No need for more PR in this thread :P

True, thread closed, Bloyski is taking the refund regardless.