PDA

View Full Version : time trial perfect - practice different

goonerjon777
11-05-2015, 10:44
Is this a glitch?

I have my controller settings perfect on time trial
i take it then on to practice mode to hopefully fine tune the same car
but find that my controller settings don't react at all in the same way as they do on time trial???

Glitch?

DozUK
11-05-2015, 12:50
If I'm reading your post correctly you issue's may be down to the two modes.

Time trial always starts with warm tires, but practice starts with cold. There is a massive difference to the cars handling with these two. In practice you'll need to nurse the car around the track for a couple of laps until the tires become green (They are blue cold at start). When all tires are green (You can see this on the display), the car will handle like it does on time trial.

I hope that helps?

Bealdor
11-05-2015, 13:55

Time trial always starts with warm tires, but practice starts with cold. There is a massive difference to the cars handling with these two. In practice you'll need to nurse the car around the track for a couple of laps until the tires become green (They are blue cold at start). When all tires are green (You can see this on the display), the car will handle like it does on time trial.

I hope that helps?

To add to this: There are cars where the tires are preheated in every mode (GT3 and Formula A for example). But you also have to take into account that track conditions are different.
Track are "rubbered in" in TT while they are "green" at the start of a practice session.

Roger Prynne
11-05-2015, 14:00
TT and FP have completely different conditions as regards tires and track conditions.

goonerjon777
11-05-2015, 14:15

I hope that helps?

Yes that did help, thank you