PDA

View Full Version : PS4 AI Cars Much Quicker In Race Than Qualifying

ALR7
11-05-2015, 10:59
One huge issue for me is that the AI cars are around 2-3 seconds a lap quicker in a race than in qualifying, and if anything it should be the other way round, because in qualifying, you are carrying less fuel, and push the limits of the car for one fast lap!

This is one of only a few issues, which make options such as career mode impossible to play and impossible to enjoy!

xeronima
19-05-2015, 09:59
I experienced the same at the first gt4 race. In dubai. AI level at 80. Ai did qualify time of high 1.47 but race phase at low 1.46 or 1.45

xLeper_Messiah
19-05-2015, 10:28
I read somewhere on here that the game models the effect of a track gaining more grip as a race weekend goes on due to more rubber being laid down on the racing line. Apparently that effect is also reversed if it rains during qualifying or early in the race, making the track green again.

Neat touch imo.

Also the AI definitely has issues with not being affected by things like weather and cold tires anywhere near as much as players, so I'm not discounting that there could've been an issue with their race pace in your case.

PropaneCrazy
19-05-2015, 11:45
The A.I not being affected by the rain doesn't happen in GT3. They are losing at least 9secs a lap