PDA

View Full Version : TX wheel only calibrating to 96

NinjaWizard
11-05-2015, 11:28
Hi

When I try to Calibrate my Thrustmaster TX wheel and it tells me to full lock clockwise or anticlockwise it only goes 96 when at full lock. Iv seen set up videos of same wheel on Xbox One all going to 100. Also when I turn wheel to 900 it is short of a 90 degree turn, reads at 850 when wheel is physically at 90 degree.
To be fair even at 96 and 850 it still plays pretty well but still niggles at me why it wont go to 100, the wheel is set to 900 degree rotation too.
Anyone else having this problem and does anyone know how to solve this?

Cheers

Icaru5
11-05-2015, 12:08
Hi

When I try to Calibrate my Thrustmaster TX wheel and it tells me to full lock clockwise or anticlockwise it only goes 96 when at full lock. Iv seen set up videos of same wheel on Xbox One all going to 100. Also when I turn wheel to 900 it is short of a 90 degree turn, reads at 850 when wheel is physically at 90 degree.
To be fair even at 96 and 850 it still plays pretty well but still niggles at me why it wont go to 100, the wheel is set to 900 degree rotation too.
Anyone else having this problem and does anyone know how to solve this?

Cheers

To get the last few degrees, you need to turn it harder. You'll feel resistance, but it should turn those last few degrees. Probably then, you'll see a difference with the 850/90 degree situation.

Disease
11-05-2015, 12:11
yeah mine only hit 95 or so and I've seen a few calibrating videos and theirs only went that far too, i don't think its really an issue though.. I've never gone to completely full lock yet.

when i go to 90 degrees it does say 900 though, not sure why yours is a little out there.. have you tried calibrating both directions (once clockwise and again anti-clockwise) see if it gives you a different result.?

ARusling
11-05-2015, 12:30
Mine only goes to 96 too. Something I would like to see is an option to limit the steering angle to 270 degrees. I struggle to make it around slow, tight corners and chicanes when I have to turn the steering wheel so far.

wearymick
11-05-2015, 13:05
Mine only goes to 96 too. Something I would like to see is an option to limit the steering angle to 270 degrees. I struggle to make it around slow, tight corners and chicanes when I have to turn the steering wheel so far.

I have the same issue. Just shorten the steering ratio in the car tuning to give quicker steering/shorter arc.

NinjaWizard
11-05-2015, 13:10
@Icaru5 Yeah that did the trick, cheers, at first I didn't want to keep turning it as thought it would break but it does start turning and you can feel the FFB resisting it. Its now at 100 and 900. Though I haven't held the wheel at 900 iv let it spin back, might try that later but FFB feels ok after playing with tire force settings etc.

Seps1974
11-05-2015, 14:04
I'm in the same boat here, my wheel only goes 96. Would be great if someone could clear if forcing till it reaches 100 is the right thing to do.

Icaru5
11-05-2015, 22:09
Even though you have to oppose the torque of the motors, mechanically, I'd say that's nothing compared to many in-game situations. I can understand the reluctance, but really, they're decent quality motors, and the thing's built for it.

All you're feeling is a soft end-of-travel damper which has been engineered in to prevent over enthusiastic kids from violently spinning the wheel repeatedly and smashing into the bump stops, which I'm sure WOULD damage it !

Just my opinion of course ...

Srt8 300c
11-05-2015, 22:27
To change DOR manually press the d-pad (Red Start Button) left and the mode button (on the left of the wheel base) at the same time then release, the light next to the mode button will then flash a certain number of times depending on the DOR set, default is 900. Repeat this process until desired DOR setting is achieved.

Number of Flashes:

1.= 270

2.= 360

3.= 540

4.= 900

Try this it has helped me before reset.

I also experienced your reported problem (Only hitting 96)
Try turning the wheel more.
you will feel it vibrate and it will stop on 100
You wont damage the wheel doing this.