PDA

View Full Version : tyre physics?

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 11:54
Just followed a AI out of the pits both with cold tyre's in a Clio he powered out of the first bend I just slid off the track, I've noticed this alot in this game the tyre physics seem to be miles out, I've done many track days ( live next to brandshatch) and cold tyre's do not = driving on ice.

Even driving ridiculously slow the car still just loses all steering and just aquaplans.

And cold tyre's just like the rain do not seem to effect the AI at all.

I so want to like no love this game but I can honestly see me shelving it for 4 month's and then px it in if nothing has changed.

mattrickl06
11-05-2015, 12:00
Yes that is my only real criticism with the game at the moment, when the rain starts to fall the AI carry on at the same pace whilst i slip and slide like a greased up greasy thing.

In a short career race at Oulton Park (7 laps) i was in comfortable first on lap 4, it then started to rain and i finished 20th.

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 12:10
But this what I'm posting about is in the dry, it's ridiculous cold tyre's and the car aquaplans even at silly low speeds.

If this is a sim I'm surprised were not all hitting the wall on our ways to work.

I'm sorry but Road cars nor race cars slip and slide like this on cold tyre's, yes grip is impaired of course it is but seriously not to this extent.

I've just checked it again, followed a AI in the Clio he just drove around the first bend normally I crawled around at 15mph and started aquaplaning and ended up in the gravel,, seriously this is not funny anymore, so many issues playing this on my xbox it's just one thing after another.

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 12:12
Well, it sounds like you get Slick Tires and not the Wet Tires..

Have you a Pit-Strategy Active with "Dry" Tires?

You can also Setup your car with Automatic to Weather Tires in the Setup Screen.

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 12:15
It is set to Auto, I'm using dry tyre's on a dry track on a sunny day and at 15 mph the car spins out.

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 12:17
Well, it sounds like you get Slick Tires and not the Wet Tires..

Have you a Pit-Strategy Active with "Dry" Tires?

You can also Setup your car with Automatic to Weather Tires in the Setup Screen.

Did you even read my post? The track is DRY.

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 12:19
Sorry didn't mean to snap getting frustrated, the game is driving me nuts.

Time to start playing something else for awhile I think.

EMW Simmo
11-05-2015, 12:19
Yeah the cold tyre physics on alot of cars are broken, as are alot of things, hope they fix the game fast or it will be a shame.

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 12:21
Ah, ok now i see you are Playing on Xbox One.

Well it seems that some experience a Hyper Sensitive Controller. (This seems to be a Bug, and it's beeing worked on.)

Perhaps you are affected by this Bug.

Because you should be able to Controll your Car at that slow Speed

Sorry about the first post, didn't see your second post ;) Apologies...

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 12:25
Yeah the cold tyre physics on alot of cars are broken, as are alot of things, hope they fix the game fast or it will be a shame.

Yes I agree, I'm leaving the game shelved for a while now.
Such a shame this game has got so much going for it but the steering and cold & wet grip physics for me alone are killing it, not being able to take a bend at 15/20mph in the dry on cold tyre's because of aquaplaning is ridiculous.

mister dog
11-05-2015, 12:26
I read that the AI is using a simplified tyre model, which might explain why they seem unaffected and we are all over the place. It isn't fair though as the player is at a disadvantage this way. AI should struggle the same with the same conditions.

Regarding the cold tyres, OP has a point it's holiday on ice and feels more like wet weather tyre physics.

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 12:30
Ah, ok now i see you are Playing on Xbox One.

Well it seems that some experience a Hyper Sensitive Controller. (This seems to be a Bug, and it's beeing worked on.)

Perhaps you are affected by this Bug.

Because you should be able to Controll your Car at that slow Speed

Sorry about the first post, didn't see your second post ;) Apologies...

Yes my steering is hyper sensitive but that not the problem here, the problem here is aquaplaning at low speeds in the dry and I'm talking slower than most people drive to work in there family saloon shod with comfort tyre's and have a safe non slippy journey.

This is a track car shod with slicks on a dry ashfelt surface there's no way is should be aquaplaning at such low speeds.

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 12:32
Aquaplaning is only possible in WET Conditions ;)

But i get what you are Feeling.

But we should wait until the Input Problems on Xbox One are solved. :-) Before we start to fidle on the Car Physics.

Because here on PC with a Wheel the Clio is also on Cold Tires very well drivable. (Not really fast, because the Rear will try to catch you with Cold Tires)

caslad81
11-05-2015, 12:37
I read on a different thread that the AI cars are not affected by cold tyres and that for the first few laps are coded to be slower to compensate for this. It seems that this has not been coded correctly and they come flying out of the pits a full speed while you are still trying to warm your tyres up. This is even more apparent in thunderstorms as the player most of the time cannot get the wet tyres up to temp at all, while the AI are setting nearly dry times. Light rain and rain are not as noticeable though.

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 12:41
Aquaplaning is only possible in WET Conditions ;)

But i get what you are Feeling.

But we should wait until the Input Problems on Xbox One are solved. :-) Before we start to fidle on the Car Physics.

Because here on PC with a Wheel the Clio is also on Cold Tires very well drivable. (Not really fast, because the Rear will try to catch you with Cold Tires)

I know what aquaplaning means, and that is exactly what is happening, it may only be possible in the wet in real life but the behaviour of the cars in this game replicate this perfectly even in the dry.

mister dog
11-05-2015, 12:55
I know what aquaplaning means, and that is exactly what is happening, it may only be possible in the wet in real life but the behaviour of the cars in this game replicate this perfectly even in the dry.
I agree that the effect is too exagerated, and tyre wear in general does not seem to affect the AI (PC here).

RunsWithScissors
11-05-2015, 13:21
It's not aquaplaning it's steering lock, and it's fucking horrible in this game because the physics are fucked.

I created a thread describing this but I don't think it's gonna get attention. This game has some serious issues and they really need to focus on them.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22144-My-personal-opinion-on-the-quot-physics-quot

hkraft300
11-05-2015, 14:34
Physics are fine.

There are some bugs with xb1 controls and EVERYONE knows about it (including developers, WMD crew et al).

A fix is in the works, I hear. You could wait for that - or get a compatible wheel and be better off.

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 14:36
It's not aquaplaning it's steering lock, and it's fucking horrible in this game because the physics are fucked.

I created a thread describing this but I don't think it's gonna get attention. This game has some serious issues and they really need to focus on them.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22144-My-personal-opinion-on-the-quot-physics-quot

Yes, the Xbox One Controller Issues are well know. (Yellow Banner at the Top)
They are working hard to fix it.

mister dog
11-05-2015, 15:28
Physics are fine.

There are some bugs with xb1 controls and EVERYONE knows about it (including developers, WMD crew et al).

A fix is in the works, I hear. You could wait for that - or get a compatible wheel and be better off.
Nope please read; tyre physics in general have two flaws: 1 that cold tyres don't have enough grip (effect is exaggerated), and 2: that the AI seems unaffected by both cold tyres and possibly tyre wear in general.

This has nothing to do with dodgy Xbone controls (i'm experiencing the same on a PC), so please don't use that as a scapegoat.

wraithsrike
11-05-2015, 15:53
Nope please read; tyre physics in general have two flaws: 1 that cold tyres don't have enough grip (effect is exaggerated), and 2: that the AI seems unaffected by both cold tyres and possibly tyre wear in general.

This has nothing to do with dodgy Xbone controls (i'm experiencing the same on a PC), so please don't use that as a scapegoat.

In 100% agreement. Tyre / grip issue is not related to the controller issues.