PDA

View Full Version : ramming and trolling multiplayer sessoins

yidmangoo
11-05-2015, 12:04
can slightly mad create a time ban for ramming and maybe some other DQ for racers blocking tracks etc because its really getting anoying

Snoopy
11-05-2015, 12:06
can slightly mad create a time ban for ramming and maybe some other DQ for racers blocking tracks etc because its really getting anoyingHi,

this one is a thing for Race-Control and Admins.
They will have (will get) Tools for react to those guys.

tmitch45
11-05-2015, 14:10
I thought there was going to be the online rating system for players so those who rage quit or cut corner or ram players would get a low rating and then would not be able to enter certain lobbies?

Snoopy
11-05-2015, 14:17
I thought there was going to be the online rating system for players so those who rage quit or cut corner or ram players would get a low rating and then would not be able to enter certain lobbies?
Yes, this should arrive, but this also be setted by Admin/Host :)

Racer X
11-05-2015, 15:53
I guess in the long run it will help by filtering them out, but I was in a race yesterday where this absolute bandit punted me off not once, but twice. Coming into the chicane at Oulton, punted me from behind and directly into the chicane's solid cylinder barrier, causing me to lose my wheel. I 3-wheeled back to the pits which took forever, repaired and got out for one more lap only to be run off track by the same guy and losing my rear wheel this time. :hopelessness: I haven't played it in a while, but I believe iRacing has a license or points system. The serious and proven race drivers are escalated to a higher class/license classes so they do not have to drive with careless, bumper car, weekend drivers. Just thoughts...

Eric Bergeret
11-05-2015, 15:59
i still not unterstand why clean driver have to support this kind of people, they should be something put in pcars license saying, if you do not respect the track rules more that once you will be ban for 1 month if you do it again it's a ban forever.
if mmorpg can ban people why pcars can't ?

just saying, because actually after 3 years of clean test and race, now online is full of stupid people and almost impossible to do a race.

MaXKiLLz
11-05-2015, 16:14
Admins need much more power in order to handle disruptive players. I hosted several races last night and was powerless to kick out intentional wreckers. All I could do was "vote kick", which didn't do anything. Also, admins need to control when to load the track up from the lobby. I'm busy making changes and all of a sudden the countdown timer shows 4,3,2,1 and starts loading the track. I, as admin, should determine when that happens.

tmitch45
11-05-2015, 16:17
The odd bump happens even between the cleanest of drivers and I think we can all accept this particularly when the driver concerns then waits up for the person they hit. What needs removing are the people who drive the wrong way around the track or as I've seen today wait off track on a corner and then drive onto the track and into the traffic. I find my only chance in random online races is to not qualify and start at the back. That way the idiots can take each other out on the first few laps and leave me out of it!

dopeyj86
11-05-2015, 23:15
They should just add an option for the host to boot idiots with a push of a button like forza 2 used to be in the good ol days of custom public lobbies. Please SMS do this.

ksims816
11-05-2015, 23:16
Idk why more games dont just base lobbies off skill level, instead of trying to employ the use of a ridiculous scheme to weed out bad drivers. Most of these people wouldnt be online enough to be put into the 'rammer lobbies' anyways. But for real, every racing game ever made has idiots that would rather crash than race.. its part of online play

JSNFARRELL
12-05-2015, 00:03
I have been seeing it a lot myself... a lot of it reminds me of the Forza MP experience and considering many people keep asking about a comparison between the two (they are not the same type of game to begin with)
- I am going to assume Project CARS got what they asked for when they announced/labeled this as not being just a simulator (appeals to arcade, simcade, sim, etc. racers)
... unfortunate for us because we are the sim crowd whom wanted a mature MP experience.

Now in my case... I've been ran off the road so much I've started taking out those whom create mayhem.
Example: (real / track day / multi-class) I move over to let one guy pass, he gets by safely, I see another guy behind him so I attempt to let him go by but instead he takes me out then fleds...
Long story short - I'm getting tired of it... so I pegged the guy... his response is typing "seriously...?" in the chat... clearly this guy thinks its ok to run others off the track.
... hopefully that isnt the case for many out there because I been seeing people complain about being ran off the track when they are the ones pulling PIT maneuvers on other racers like this is NFS Rivals!

Regardless... admin rights for hosts is a must have (agreeing with topic)... my question is what happens when you as the host have a good session going but the game crashes?
The session migrates and everything you worked for ends up in the hands of a possible troll :-(

MatthiasB
12-05-2015, 06:08
They should just add an option for the host to boot idiots with a push of a button like forza 2 used to be in the good ol days of custom public lobbies. Please SMS do this.

You can do this over the HTTP-API.
When it is enabled, you see the members, and can kick or ban(10min./1h) them with a click.

NVI0U5
12-05-2015, 06:24
why not just have speed limited ghost at say 100kph so when your slowing down for a corner your car automatically goes ghost if a disruptive player decides to try and hit it. Make the vehicles going the opposite direction into ghosts as well.

Vilonosec
12-05-2015, 06:27
Rammers are a huge problem for current multiplayer in PCARS. They ruin the game completely. SMS should have solved that issue BEFORE game release.
In should be punished heavy, 2-3 rams and DQ. Or security ratings like in iRacing. Or ram should cause fatal damage to any car so you won't be able to drive anymore like in AC.

Game pretends to be a motorsport sim, and all motorsport is about safety first. And that aspect is skipped completely. Anyway, right now for me MP is literally unplayable. That is really pity.

NexusRoy
12-05-2015, 09:50
Really annoying when you do are practicing for a long period, making a decent qualify time... and after 20 min waiting, race starts and some idiot pushes you against the wall. Tyres broken, exit server.

This must be put to an end.

yidmangoo
12-05-2015, 14:09
im glad to see im not the only person with these issues. id like to see admin getting more control. because im seeing ppl doing all of this even in qualifying. i mean we should atleast all be ghosts in qualifying right? i love this game so i dont want it ruined

Mattias
12-05-2015, 14:23
Most of the time I've been lucky, but as most of you write.
It only takes one disrespectful racer to join and when the race starts, you are wiped out of the race because they drove right into you in the first corner which causes you to fly right into the nearest wall and break the car.

One solution is to become friends with as many clean racers as possible. Then play with them as much as possible.
It's easy to add as friend in-game or even open up their steam profile.

Although I can't wait until they implement the rating system or whatever they have planned. Lots of good things to come!

azynkron
12-05-2015, 18:34
i still not unterstand why clean driver have to support this kind of people, they should be something put in pcars license saying, if you do not respect the track rules more that once you will be ban for 1 month if you do it again it's a ban forever.

just saying, because actually after 3 years of clean test and race, now online is full of stupid people and almost impossible to do a race.

It was expected though with the casual drivers joining in.

I posted on the WMD board some day ago that we could create a club. No one was interested so I have to assume that people are too "elite" or simply wasn't that interested in racing in the first place.

azynkron
12-05-2015, 18:37
You can do this over the HTTP-API.
When it is enabled, you see the members, and can kick or ban(10min./1h) them with a click.

..only that the game uses TCP, not HTTP.

X Gabe 62 X
12-05-2015, 18:38
I have been seeing it a lot myself... a lot of it reminds me of the Forza MP experience and considering many people keep asking about a comparison between the two (they are not the same type of game to begin with)
- I am going to assume Project CARS got what they asked for when they announced/labeled this as not being just a simulator (appeals to arcade, simcade, sim, etc. racers)
... unfortunate for us because we are the sim crowd whom wanted a mature MP experience.

Now in my case... I've been ran off the road so much I've started taking out those whom create mayhem.
Example: (real / track day / multi-class) I move over to let one guy pass, he gets by safely, I see another guy behind him so I attempt to let him go by but instead he takes me out then fleds...
Long story short - I'm getting tired of it... so I pegged the guy... his response is typing "seriously...?" in the chat... clearly this guy thinks its ok to run others off the track.
... hopefully that isnt the case for many out there because I been seeing people complain about being ran off the track when they are the ones pulling PIT maneuvers on other racers like this is NFS Rivals!

Regardless... admin rights for hosts is a must have (agreeing with topic)... my question is what happens when you as the host have a good session going but the game crashes?
The session migrates and everything you worked for ends up in the hands of a possible troll :-(

Problem with "playing God" is you can't always tell if people are deliberately being wreckless.

Sometimes you run into people, and sometimes it's an issue with lag.

dopeyj86
12-05-2015, 19:07
Either way I would still like the option to boot people. If I'm the host and I see you deliberately drive in circles or backwards or act like a complete ass. I think I should be able to kick your ass to the High heavens.

Black_Gold_Saw
12-05-2015, 19:13
When ur in the lobby, there is a way to kick people.
It goes via a voteing system, i tryed to kick the person who rammed but seems like noone has an idea how to vote yes to kick the person.

Go to the 'troll person' click on his name, and choose vote to kick.
Maybe it works for u.

MatthiasB
12-05-2015, 19:51
mhhh, i don't get it.

You can kick and ban people!
Why is this wish posted 20times in this forum. It is possible over the API.

JSNFARRELL
12-05-2015, 21:40
mhhh, i don't get it.

You can kick and ban people!
Why is this wish posted 20times in this forum. It is possible over the API.

Matt,
would you mind explaining this whole "API" method you've mentioned MORE than a few times?
Just curious how to use it... if its the "vote to kick" option then I know how to do that but its not effective.

loud_rocker
12-05-2015, 22:28
It's not just guys that are purposefully party crashers that are the problem either. It's the guys that do anything to pass win. Being able to drive fast is one thing being able to to drive a great lines and make a clean pass in the right spot is skill. I can't tell you how many times I have been driving great lines and the only way the people have gotten around me is to purposely ram or try to spin me in a corner. Theres s difference between blocking and and holding your line. Blocking is where you move side to side to block any attempt for someone to pass you and that is wrong and illegal, but when you are holding your line and driving tight corners you do not need to yield. Racing rules state that once you start your turn into the Apex you do not have to yield. If they attempt to pass in a corner it's their responsibility to make sure they do it safely. If a car is faster than yours, you can not impede it from passing you in a straight a way. You do not have to move out of the way it's their responsibility to pass you, it's not a friken highway where you need to switch lanes for them. I like to Drive GT and most of the time people always go for the fastest car I like to go with a medium fast car and try to drive with skill against speed, but I get sick and tired of people who do anything to pass or win and care nothing about skill. If you drive a great line on some tracks you can take away the advantage of speed, but when people cheat and crash you to overcome that it pisses me off. I can't tell you how many races I have had to claw my way back up just to finish 5th or 6th after getting knocked off the track.

MatthiasB
13-05-2015, 07:24
when you create a DS you have the options: enableHttpApi, httpApiInterface, httpApiPort
I have set this to true, {myserverip}, 9000 (warning, with this options everone, who knows your ip, can use your Api)
Normaly the httpApiInterface is set to 127.0.0.1, then you can only use the Api , when you are on your host.

When the DS is running you can look at it over the Api with the internet browser, e.g.: http://{myserverip}:9000/
It looks like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0d8bsd0kk3ne24/Screenshot%202015-05-13%2009.09.18.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wj28my9zmdduco5/Screenshot%202015-05-13%2009.09.56.png?dl=0

When you have a session running with participants, you see all of them in this Api, and every participant have 3 buttons right of his name: kick, ban(10min.), ban (1h)

bigbawmcgraw
13-05-2015, 09:18
when you create a DS you have the options: enableHttpApi, httpApiInterface, httpApiPort
I have set this to true, {myserverip}, 9000 (warning, with this options everone, who knows your ip, can use your Api)
Normaly the httpApiInterface is set to 127.0.0.1, then you can only use the Api , when you are on your host.

When the DS is running you can look at it over the Api with the internet browser, e.g.: http://{myserverip}:9000/
It looks like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z0d8bsd0kk3ne24/Screenshot%202015-05-13%2009.09.18.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wj28my9zmdduco5/Screenshot%202015-05-13%2009.09.56.png?dl=0

When you have a session running with participants, you see all of them in this Api, and every participant have 3 buttons right of his name: kick, ban(10min.), ban (1h)

Thanks!
Is this what was on apophis's to do list (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22370-Dedicated-Server-HowTo-%28Work-in-Progress%29&p=886882&viewfull=1#post886882)?

MatthiasB
13-05-2015, 09:35
Yes, but these functions are already functional.
Maybe Dokumentation is to do.

bigbawmcgraw
13-05-2015, 09:40
I think he said in a later post on that thread that it was just documentation to complete.

Thanks, I was waiting for that. Should make racing online a bit more fun.

marksy
13-05-2015, 10:51
I totally agree with everyone but what happens if you do make a genuine mistake and take someone out ? I was online today and I had people constantly block whole track and stop way too early and I therefore had no where to go would I get banned for that ? also under pressure I made some mistakes and understeered into some poor fellow into I let him back in front for track position should I get the sack for that too ?

JamieF86
13-05-2015, 17:37
http://thegentlemenonlineracingleague.my-free.website/contact join our league take a look at the site

eracerhead
13-05-2015, 17:53
I totally agree with everyone but what happens if you do make a genuine mistake and take someone out ?

also under pressure I made some mistakes and understeered into some poor fellow into I let him back in front for track position should I get the sack for that too ?

In situations like that: hit "T" to open text chat, "Sry!" That goes a long way towards smoothing tempers. Also, the gentlemanly thing to do is to slow down and let them catch up (and preferably pass you).

I use VoiceAttack so I can just verbally say that and have that text automatically entered, instead of pulling over and stopping to text.

Barred
13-05-2015, 18:32
It's not just guys that are purposefully party crashers that are the problem either. It's the guys that do anything to pass win. Being able to drive fast is one thing being able to to drive a great lines and make a clean pass in the right spot is skill. I can't tell you how many times I have been driving great lines and the only way the people have gotten around me is to purposely ram or try to spin me in a corner. Theres s difference between blocking and and holding your line. Blocking is where you move side to side to block any attempt for someone to pass you and that is wrong and illegal, but when you are holding your line and driving tight corners you do not need to yield. Racing rules state that once you start your turn into the Apex you do not have to yield. If they attempt to pass in a corner it's their responsibility to make sure they do it safely. If a car is faster than yours, you can not impede it from passing you in a straight a way. You do not have to move out of the way it's their responsibility to pass you, it's not a friken highway where you need to switch lanes for them. I like to Drive GT and most of the time people always go for the fastest car I like to go with a medium fast car and try to drive with skill against speed, but I get sick and tired of people who do anything to pass or win and care nothing about skill. If you drive a great line on some tracks you can take away the advantage of speed, but when people cheat and crash you to overcome that it pisses me off. I can't tell you how many races I have had to claw my way back up just to finish 5th or 6th after getting knocked off the track.

Very well said.

I do my upmost not to spoil a race for any one even if I loose a place or two. I enjoy my online racing and lived online during the GTR GTL days, and now I have no choice but to play on the PS4, so I was ecstatic when pCars arrived. It was not till Sunday night when I felt comfortable enough to try online racing. I was so disappointed when I found out how bad the carnage was online. I knew that there would some accidents, they happen, but what I witnessed was not always accidental.

A case in point.
I was racing on Monza and slowed to take one of the right handlers when wallop! I was in the Armco, the guy behind had not even tried to slow down. Whilst I was trying to get into reverse and find where I was I watched the punter back up and as I started to back up he rushed forward again smashing me back in the barrier. This happened until my engine died and then he drove off!

A friend was round to look at pCars and he was going to buy it when he got home, until he watched the online racing.

Shnoo
13-05-2015, 19:46

I agree mostly. First thing is they don't do this because they want to cheat they think its totaly fine to drive that way and dont even see how stupid there moves are. Countless Iracing threads and One in this Forum have proven this. Another big problem also ist that after a crash or overshooting a corner they just rejoin the track regardless of the traffic 5 car group coming and they dont even see them and just drive in front of them in first gear with 20 mph.

I just tryed to drive 2 races after my first one was not that bad at all. And i just have to say its hopeless. This ignorance they just drive like this game is one of the first Need for Speed Arcade games.

In both races i tryed not to hit the guyes in front of me like a normal racer should but i got hit 10 times or more in like 30 seconds in both of these races because of that. Dosen't even matter if you are at the front row most of the drive like thaire gas is welded to the floor.

And if you are realy a Racing guy like me you are screwed.

Edit: Forgott something.

The drivers wich don't even care that they are blocking the track after a crash and just leave the car on the track the whole race are another problem too.

AmazingMrT
13-05-2015, 19:59
Cant there be something done about the backmarkers not letting the leaders pass?

I'll be streaming a replay loop to let people see how others race in Project Cars on PS4.
I know i'm not the only one having this problem.

http://www.twitch.tv/amazingmrt

I'm getting close to the backmarkers at 03:15. For me the next 30 seconds were terrible. (The last 2.5 minutes are AI driven after finish)

Eric Rowland
13-05-2015, 21:00
The most ridiculous situations are the ones with people who start mid pack and try to make up 10 places in the first two corners. Then they go off and charge right back to the track without even looking to see if someone's coming or not. It seems most of them don't even know the track or have even practiced with the cars. What is so sad is they have no consideration or courtesy or common sense. I hit two people myself last night, once in a race with fog so thick you couldn't see the apex from 10 feet away, I was DQ'ed, and another when I had a brain fart and hit a guy on turn in. I will learn from my mistakes. I'm sure the racing will improve as the wannabes will get pCARS out of their system and move on and the guys who really enjoy racing and driving properly will remain. Patience will win out in the long run...I hope. :beguiled:

DDSABREB2013
13-05-2015, 21:54
Maybe the programmers could add in some sort of collision option like in the toca serious...didnt matter if you rammed then!

loud_rocker
14-05-2015, 02:19
Very well said.

I do my upmost not to spoil a race for any one even if I loose a place or two. I enjoy my online racing and lived online during the GTR GTL days, and now I have no choice but to play on the PS4, so I was ecstatic when pCars arrived.

Barred I used to drive GTR and there was a really nice German server http://www.pilsbierbude.de that had some great rules that every one followed and one was if you crashed into someone you you stopped and let the other person go before you. There was some really great racing on there, but the occasional idiot still slipped in.

I agree mostly. First thing is they don't do this because they want to cheat they think its totaly fine to drive that way and dont even see how stupid there moves are. Countless Iracing threads and One in this Forum have proven this. Another big problem also ist that after a crash or overshooting a corner they just rejoin the track regardless of the traffic 5 car group coming and they dont even see them and just drive in front of them in first gear with 20 mph.

I just tryed to drive 2 races after my first one was not that bad at all. And i just have to say its hopeless. This ignorance they just drive like this game is one of the first Need for Speed Arcade games.

In both races i tryed not to hit the guyes in front of me like a normal racer should but i got hit 10 times or more in like 30 seconds in both of these races because of that. Dosen't even matter if you are at the front row most of the drive like thaire gas is welded to the floor.

And if you are realy a Racing guy like me you are screwed.

Edit: Forgott something.

The drivers wich don't even care that they are blocking the track after a crash and just leave the car on the track the whole race are another problem too.

Shnoo your probably right on that I think it's the game developers are partiality at fault on this. Forza, Pcars and others have all fostered this drive what ever it takes mentality through their single player portion of the game. They all do these two lap races that don't allow patience to develop and force racers to drive the AI off the road to claw their way to first position as fast as they can in two laps to win the race. I'm have been guilty of that myself. As a result a lot of players don't know how to transition from single player to multiplayer with the proper etiquette.

If the single player portion of the game was more disciplined and penalized players for dirty driving it would teach players to be more disciplined in their driving.

Some people are also just plain ignorant and don't understand racing rules. I wish they would have like a intro multiplayer session you had to go through that simulated online and it explained the rules as you played before you could play online and they would show the reminders of the rules during loading screens to reinforce.

One thing that always gets me is qualifying. People just don't get it's not a race and are running each other off the track trying to get in first place. Some rooms everyone jumps out the pits and is scrambling to get in first. It makes me want to scream. Let some distance between yourself and other racers for crying out loud, but they don't get.

Eric Rowland
14-05-2015, 09:59
I always wait till everyone else goes out of the pits for qually, then I look at the map and see if they've gone around a few corners. Then I go out. Things should settle down over time with a lot of racers, but then there are always a few exceptions. And btw, don't enter a race with heavy fog...it's impossible! How Jackie Stewart won by 4 mins at the Ring in 1968 I'll never know...incredible!

hkraft300
14-05-2015, 13:58
The developers could've put in place all the penalties, ghosting, tutorials etc it won't stop the d*ckheads.

iRacing has it's rank and penalty system. It's a subscription service too - the type of guys we are all complaining about in this thread are actually paying a monthly fee to be wreckers. Impossible to rule out even a few on public servers.

The PS4 online lobbies are full of retards. guys driving slow hunting for fast passers to sideswipe etc you've all said it and seen it. The lobby hosts don't help the situation by setting conditions eg Night races with Formula cars, penalties off etc to encourage the wrecking.

You'll find your ProjectCar team soon enough, be it on public servers or league races.

Until then I guess we just troll the wreckers off. Nomex troll suit on.

cloakdeath
14-05-2015, 15:53
The closest thing to a solution I've found is to only race on a proper track with gravel, high grip cars and all assists off. It's unpleasant to qualify first and then get rammed at a million miles an hour in one of the first corners.

NutsMammoth
14-05-2015, 19:45
Tired. Game Over.

Bas
15-05-2015, 06:33
I agree, i am a clean racer, i like the competition without people using me as a cornering device.
The thing is when i try do a clean lap and some punk uses me or rams me because he cant keep up with my pace, i either spin, and the rammer continues, or i get rammed and i get a penalty for cutting corners..
This is a serious flaw and a serious problem within the community supposedly assisting the game....in my opinion they ruin the game, they should play GTA5 or something.

Another thing is the rsr online timetrial thing, to get a faster lap i thought lets watch number one on the list, CHEATER, number two, cutting corners and chicane's well over the white lines , which supposedly should mark the track...this sucks

i think the game in itself is pretty good and i have fun doing timetrials and stuff but online racing is just terrible,

what do you guys think,

cya guys

WARDOGZ.UK
15-05-2015, 09:53
Admins need much more power in order to handle disruptive players. I hosted several races last night and was powerless to kick out intentional wreckers. All I could do was "vote kick", which didn't do anything. Also, admins need to control when to load the track up from the lobby. I'm busy making changes and all of a sudden the countdown timer shows 4,3,2,1 and starts loading the track. I, as admin, should determine when that happens.
Yeah I imagine this can be frustrating, but I also guess that this is in place in order to stop hosts opening lobby's and just going AWOL whilst everyone else waits.