PDA

View Full Version : [Bug] Qualifying - Doesn't Finish Lap

mkstatto
11-05-2015, 12:18
At the end of qualifying when you are on a lap after the time limit expires it does not let you finish the lap and ends the session. Had this happen three or four times and does not reflect real life.

Blackvault
11-05-2015, 12:26
At the end of qualifying when you are on a lap after the time limit expires it does not let you finish the lap and ends the session. Had this happen three or four times and does not reflect real life.

It isn't an option you have missed. Unfortunately this feature is not currently implemented, however that doesn't mean to say it won't be in the future.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Scav3nger
11-05-2015, 12:46
I know we tested it during development, so the code is probably still there.

ginge pfc
11-05-2015, 13:57
I have had some classes that allow you to finish lap but not sure which one's they were. Very annoying as sometimes your on your only good lap as to many a.i to find clean track

Bealdor
11-05-2015, 14:04
It isn't an option you have missed. Unfortunately this feature is not currently implemented, however that doesn't mean to say it won't be in the future.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Actually the feature is in and it should work this way. It seems to be buggy though, so SMS needs detailed repro steps.

The first thing is to make 100% sure that you're on a valid lap (always stayed on track, no contact). If you're not on a valid lap, the game won't let you finish it.

Blackvault
11-05-2015, 14:05
Actually the feature is in and it should work this way. It seems to be buggy though, so SMS needs detailed repro steps.

The first thing is to make 100% sure that you're on a valid lap (always stayed on track, no contact). If you're not on a valid lap, the game won't let you finish it.

Thanks for confirming mate. It's not something I've done an extensive amount of testing on.

Pete

g33k hack3rs
11-05-2015, 16:39

That does not make sense to me. Isn't the grid sorted by qualifying position? Wouldn't I be able to improve my position even on a dirty lap? Just seems unnecessary to limit it halfway through the lap. Let everybody finish the current lap and be done with it. Keeps it simple and consistent.

Bealdor
11-05-2015, 16:51
That does not make sense to me. Isn't the grid sorted by qualifying position? Wouldn't I be able to improve my position even on a dirty lap? Just seems unnecessary to limit it halfway through the lap. Let everybody finish the current lap and be done with it. Keeps it simple and consistent.

Dirty laps are not counted, just like in TT or IRL.

mkstatto
11-05-2015, 18:38
Dirty laps are not counted, just like in TT or IRL.

I believe I was on a clean lap for one. And for another i was on a two hot lap run and on the second of the two hot laps. On the first occasion it stated to finish the lap, but half way down the straight I was on (i.e 10 secs later) returned to the end session screen.

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 05:12
The practice and qualifying sessions come to an abrupt end when the timer runs out, hopefully they can fix it to allow finishing flying laps.

Bealdor
12-05-2015, 06:46
I believe I was on a clean lap for one. And for another i was on a two hot lap run and on the second of the two hot laps. On the first occasion it stated to finish the lap, but half way down the straight I was on (i.e 10 secs later) returned to the end session screen.

And that's the reason why it's hard to nail down this bug. It's hard to reproduce.

The practice and qualifying sessions come to an abrupt end when the timer runs out, hopefully they can fix it to allow finishing flying laps.

Please read the posts above. It already works this way (or at least it should).

mkstatto
12-05-2015, 07:28
If it also helps, it doesn't seem to like multi lap runs.

PumaSpec
12-05-2015, 08:35
I have been on 4 clean laps when this has happened. :( It's annoying because I was 7 tenth's up on my mate going into the second sector! nooo!

Bealdor
12-05-2015, 08:40
Guys please always put complete descriptions in your post or the devs are unable to find and fix the bug.

Which game mode?
Which track?
Which track layout?
Which car?
If career, which event?
Was it your first fast lap after driving out of the pits?

Tillj
12-05-2015, 10:05
This does not work on multiplayer. Qualifying will end for all players even on clean laps. We raced on most tracks and with the same cars as we are testing a mutliclass series and selecting the track list.

Bealdor
12-05-2015, 10:27
This does not work on multiplayer. Qualifying will end for all players even on clean laps. We raced on most tracks and with the same cars as we are testing a mutliclass series and selecting the track list.

AFAIK that's by design to stop abusers from never finishing the last lap.

Tillj
12-05-2015, 10:36
AFAIK that's by design to stop abusers from never finishing the last lap.

Yes but they can add a end of session timer like the end of a race :)

Bealdor
12-05-2015, 10:37
Yes but they can add a end of session timer like the end of a race :)

Good idea. Please post it here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?131-Feature-Suggestions

mkstatto
12-05-2015, 11:34
Guys please always put complete descriptions in your post or the devs are unable to find and fix the bug.

Which game mode?
Which track?
Which track layout?
Which car?
If career, which event?
Was it your first fast lap after driving out of the pits?

All my issues were with Career mode.

I had it happen off the top of my head at Hockenhiem (GP and National), Zolder, and Oulton Park (Full Circuit), there are more but i cannot remember.

Listed above

Formula C - Oulton Park + Hockenhiem National + Zolder.
Forumla B - Hockenhiem GP

FC - British round @ Oulton, Euro Champ @ Hock and Euro Champ @ Zolder (although maybe one of those was the world's)
FB - 1st round World Championship

Oulton - Multiple lap run 4th hotlap maybe?
Hockenhiem National - 2nd lap out of pits, i.e. first hot lap of run. 5 lap overall in quali.
Zolder - As above
Hockenhiem GP - Same as Oulton.

Hope this helps (and is ledgible;))

mkstatto
12-05-2015, 17:52
Just had another one:

Career
Dubai Full Circuit
FB World Campionship Round 2
1st Hot Lap of run (4th lap in qualy)

If it helps I returned to pit box after my first run. It could be that the game is penalising me for doing this? Will try driving back next time.