PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Improvements to Multiplayer

Mythaga
11-05-2015, 12:25
Firstly I'm new here, so hi all! :-)

Love this game, however I've been playing online with a couple of mates and a few things are starting to grate...

Firstly, when I set up a lobby, I can set human opponents to say 3 and a set number of AI. This is ok if you know how many humans are playing, but if more want to join you still have a set number of AI which you have to adjust. Surely it should just fill out the grid with AI automatically regardless of how many humans join, without you having to specify set numbers?

Qualifying, can it please let you finish the lap you are on before the counter ends the session? Like in real motorsport?

You should be able to change the car class without closing the re-loading the lobby? We wanted to race lots of different classes and closing and re-loading/re-inviting everyone was getting very irritating.

Championships, there might be a way to do this but I haven't figured it out yet? But I wanted to select however many tracks I wanted and each race would load automatically after each other, with a running points total as we went along. Again if you can do this already can someone tell me how?

To the Devs, please consider these things in any future patches. The game as a whole is great, I just feel it needs a few tweaks...

Thanks
Paul

Blackvault
11-05-2015, 12:26
Moved to Feature Suggestions Section

Pete

Fationably Late
11-05-2015, 16:01
Firstly, when I set up a lobby, I can set human opponents to say 3 and a set number of AI. This is ok if you know how many humans are playing, but if more want to join you still have a set number of AI which you have to adjust. Surely it should just fill out the grid with AI automatically regardless of how many humans join, without you having to specify set numbers?

I'm at work right now, so I can't confirm, but I thought you could set the AI to fill empty spots. If I'm wrong, then this would be a great option.

Qualifying, can it please let you finish the lap you are on before the counter ends the session? Like in real motorsport?

I couldn't agree more with this. It's really irritating to lose control of the steering wheel in the middle of qualifying, especially when that last lap is shaping up to be my best one!

You should be able to change the car class without closing the re-loading the lobby? We wanted to race lots of different classes and closing and re-loading/re-inviting everyone was getting very irritating.

You can already do this, though it's not at all intuitive. As the lobby leader, if you go into your Garage and select a different car, when you get back to the lobby, the car class will have changed.

Championships, there might be a way to do this but I haven't figured it out yet? But I wanted to select however many tracks I wanted and each race would load automatically after each other, with a running points total as we went along. Again if you can do this already can someone tell me how?

This is another great suggestion. I would love to set up a 3 event race instead of being dumped back into a lobby.

hawkenfox
11-05-2015, 19:16
Can we drive through pits stops ... it's not very sim like at all with autopilot turn on automatically , is it?

dopeyj86
11-05-2015, 23:51
Please give the host an option to kick people instead of the vote to kick option. Please.

eracerhead
12-05-2015, 00:31

Consider that one upvoted

Mythaga
12-05-2015, 07:21
I'm at work right now, so I can't confirm, but I thought you could set the AI to fill empty spots. If I'm wrong, then this would be a great option..

What I meant was you have to pre-set how many human players you want first. But you might not know many how are going to join so it should be left open, the game would just automatically fill all empty spots with AI.

You can already do this, though it's not at all intuitive. As the lobby leader, if you go into your Garage and select a different car, when you get back to the lobby, the car class will have changed...

Cheers didn't know this!

zerogoki
13-05-2015, 11:44
Totally agree. After doing the same last night in a private lobby we created I was absolutely sick to death of having to Exit when in session, re-create a new session and re-invite my mate back in. Urgh

1. There needs to be a restart session option in private lobbies (I understand public ones this is a no no).
2. Skip to end of session needs to be unlocked.
3. Option to go back to lobby, select a different car, and re-join session in progress (as long as its in practice/warmup/qually, not during a race).
4. End current session and return to lobby (we decided to try different cars/track/weather), PLEASE, we created this private game, give us control over it. We had to both exit re-create a new session and re-invite.
5. When we have an AI fill and we win by a large margin can we please not have to wait 5 minutes (250-300 seconds iirc) before the session is over, it was quicker to again, tediously both exit re-create a new session and re-invite.

Dasidnii
13-05-2015, 12:13
The thing I absolutely hate right now, is how forgiving the contact penalty stuff is. People can ram into me, spin me out, do whatever and they can keep going like it's nothing. I also hate how in F1 cars when your wheel comes off, you have to limp your way to the pits going 20 the whole way. I think they should make it to where if a wheel comes off, you can go to your pitbox instead of driving. I think people should also get penalised for sitting still for too long. Nothing like come around a corner and someone is chilling in the middle of the track sideways trying to wreck you.

TechnologicMau5
14-05-2015, 05:01

:encouragement: Yes please!