PDA

View Full Version : Why no in-car rear view?

Bigsteviet
11-05-2015, 12:45
(Sorry if this has been posted before, but a quick search didn't turn it up.)

Question as per title, really.

I always race in-car for maximum immersion, but a quick check behind immediately breaks the illusion that you're in a car - because there's no car there! You just see the racetrack behind you; you might as well be riding a flying carpet!

I remember one of the Codemasters games included this on 360 and it added enormously to the atmosphere.

Would LOVE to see this in a future patch!

Olijke Poffer
11-05-2015, 13:07
That would be great indeed but a lot of work to model all the interiors from all the different cars..

Bigsteviet
11-05-2015, 13:32
Aren't they already modelled?

justonce68
11-05-2015, 15:49
Mirrors!

BrotherRogue
11-05-2015, 15:54
if you want immersion then the removal of looking back while in helmet or cockpit view would be the better choice

So you're telling me, while you have a helmet on, fire guard mask, full race harness seatbelt and a bucket seat, you REALLY think it would be possible to "look" behind yourself ?

cmon man, sort your head out

HEF51
11-05-2015, 16:05
There are bigger fish to fry.

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 16:13
Wheel the rear of the Car is modelled, but the Cockpit Modell itself has no modelled "rear"...

Why not?

Because of Performance Reasons... It was also disscused WMD Internally...

Bigsteviet
11-05-2015, 16:19
There are bigger fish to fry.

Never said there weren't!

BrotherRogue - you do make a good point. Not sure I like your closing comment, but a good point. I'll try to plug that concept into my race head.

Thing is though, it's MUCH easier to gather more information from all your mirrors IRW. You could argue it makes the game harder than the reality in this respect. Turkington doesn't have to contend with a right stick just to check the nearside behind.

I just like being able to take a comprehensive glance behind me without stepping out of the car. If my perspective is inside a car, it should STAY inside a car. CARS is far from alone in this and I'm not bashing it - just voicing an opinion and seeing if it bugs anyone else!