PDA

View Full Version : Caterham SP 300 R using PASS / KERS

Birliban2k
11-05-2015, 12:49
Hi,

the Caterham SP 300 has a Push-to-pass System that empowers the car for a short period. How can i trigger this in pCars? I have a button assigned for KERS but nothng happens when pressed.
You can also see the button "PASS" on the models wheel. Or is it not existend in the game?

Thanks and greetings,
Birlie

Blackvault
11-05-2015, 12:52
Hi,

the Caterham SP 300 has a Push-to-pass System that empowers the car for a short period. How can i trigger this in pCars? I have a button assigned for KERS but nothng happens when pressed.
You can also see the button "PASS" on the models wheel. Or is it not existend in the game?

Thanks and greetings,
Birlie

The KERS will be active, however don't expect the result to be like an F1 car. If you look at the HUD you should find that the BHP will increase temporary. Also I believe you can only use it a max of 10 times during a race.

There is no animation for the driver to press the button "PASS" button if you have pressed it.

I hope this helps

Pete

Birliban2k
11-05-2015, 13:11
Thanks for the fast reply. Ok I'll have a look at the BHP next time I'm in the Caterham... Great car btw.
So is there a list which cars in pCars actually have KERS or similar features?

Blackvault
11-05-2015, 13:12
Thanks for the fast reply. Ok I'll have a look at the BHP next time I'm in the Caterham... Great car btw.
So is there a list which cars in pCars actually have KERS or similar features?

Off the top of me head:

Formula A
Formula B
LMP1 class (automatically applied)
McLaren P1 (automatically applied)
Caterham SP300
Mercedes C DTM

I'm sure other members will be able to chip in :)

Pete

Invincible
11-05-2015, 13:21
That should be all of them. Mercedes C DTM and Formula A also have DRS.

Blackvault
11-05-2015, 13:23
That should be all of them. Mercedes C DTM and Formula A also have DRS.

Thanks, Invincible. I'm in work and can't check the game at the moment.

Pete

jagjet
11-05-2015, 14:17
Pete

It seems that in the auto Kers cars that if you avoid full throttle you can pick where you apply the extra boost. Hope that is useful.

Invincible
11-05-2015, 14:23
Thanks, Invincible. I'm in work and can't check the game at the moment.

Pete

That excuse doesn't count, as I am at work and can't check the game too. :p

NVI0U5
11-05-2015, 22:38
I know the KERS in Formula A you have to hold it on, sometimes it stays on if you are shifting up gears, its only happened once for me every other time Ive had to press the button again for next gear.
I tend to use it on long straights and have noticed an increase of speed of around 6-7mph on the top end most likely restricted by the rpm limiter

fazlee712
12-05-2015, 03:07
McLaren P1 should also have DRS :)

Bailey
12-05-2015, 16:59
Just a tip with the Caterham. I believe you can hold the KERS button down and it will burn through multiple push to pass 'stores'. Helpful if you are on a long straight and you have a lot of juice to use up.
~Bailey