PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations

tux1234
11-05-2015, 13:21
First of all i want to say congratulations to everyone who worked on the game and helped to develop it. The game has incredible depth, great sounds, great graphics and is a real challenge. It makes you have to learn to drive each circuit, each car and really focus on setup to get the best from the car, since GTR2 i dont think there has been a game so widely available and so realistic, im really enjoying it.

Now i have a few questions please forgive me if they have been answered but as im sure you can see, threads are being started and closed left right and centre.

1. Is the AI rubber banded? It seems almost impossible to pull out gaps regardless of how hard you push, i play on 90% of the driver skill level, in qualifying i can be as much as 1.5 secs clear but in the race despite being 1-2 tenths away from my pole time i cant catch cars.

2. Whenever i have a session in the wet, within 2-3 minutes the rain stops and the track is almost instantly dry, is there anything i can do about this?

3. Is there any reason why when driving late at night/early morning the sky isnt pitch black?

I do have a few criticisms/improvements that could be made, if not to this game then hopefully for a Project Cars 2 ;)
It would be nice to be able to view weather info/track temps, more variety in engineer messages, changing the threshold on track limits - some tracks you can really take alot of the run off with no warnings and some of the moves the AI make are crazy especially in practice/qualifying

One thing that i hope can be changed in a patch is that at some tracks if you run wide 1-2 corners before the end of the lap your time for the next lap is also disallowed despite there being no advantage gained for your next lap. Bathurst for example, if you run wide in the fast chicane at the end of the long straight your next laptime is disallowed despite the fact you still need to slow down for the final corner.

Anyway despite all this im loving the game, dont even find the steering that bad once you set steering deadzone to 0.

Seps1974
11-05-2015, 13:24
The devs are working on a patch to solve some issues with the game.

Bigsteviet
11-05-2015, 13:30
One thing that i hope can be changed in a patch is that at some tracks if you run wide 1-2 corners before the end of the lap your time for the next lap is also disallowed despite there being no advantage gained for your next lap. Bathurst for example, if you run wide in the fast chicane at the end of the long straight your next laptime is disallowed despite the fact you still need to slow down for the final corner.

This! And your times will be disallowed even if an excursion cost you time - or you were punted off-track! Grinds my gears, I tell thee...

Franco Ferrari
11-05-2015, 13:43
1. Is the AI rubber banded? It seems almost impossible to pull out gaps regardless of how hard you push, i play on 90% of the driver skill level, in qualifying i can be as much as 1.5 secs clear but in the race despite being 1-2 tenths away from my pole time i cant catch cars.

Anything at 90% or above for the AI is really tough.
It requires huge skills and a truly optimal setup to beat them at this level.
Lower it to 80%, it's a nice tough-but-beatable level.

2. Whenever i have a session in the wet, within 2-3 minutes the rain stops and the track is almost instantly dry, is there anything i can do about this?

You don't mention the game mode you're referring this to.
For example, if you create a custom race and set the time and/or weather progression to 20x, the weather changes really fast (and a wet track would dry quickly).
Also, if you set more than one weather slot, the race would start with the first weather slot and end with the last one.
If you don't want the weather to change at all, set only one weather slot.

3. Is there any reason why when driving late at night/early morning the sky isnt pitch black?

This is due to a combination of factors and trade-offs.
One of them is the need to manage the full-24h time passage (it gets technical from here, and I'm not the right person to explain it).
Also, it depends on the date you've set.
For example, during wintertime nights are way more dark and long than during summertime. Try to race in December (or in May for south hemisphere tracks, like Australia) and you should have your pitch black nights.

This is something that actually pissed me too.
It could have been worked out better IMO... but it's like this, and we have to deal with it for the moment.

tux1234
11-05-2015, 13:49
Ahh Franco, you make a good point about the darkness of the sky, i didnt even realise, the date is set to current so "summer" so that will play a part.

R.E the weather question im playing career mode with races set to 10% and random weather, it feels as if the weather effects are "accelerated" Minor issues but still slightly frustrated.

One point i forgot to make is that the rolling starts are really annoying, sometimes you start heading for a wall, others in the middle of a corner.

Anyway im sure the developers are aware of these things and fixing them along with the others.

Bealdor
11-05-2015, 13:53
R.E the weather question im playing career mode with races set to 10% and random weather, it feels as if the weather effects are "accelerated" Minor issues but still slightly frustrated.

They are in your case because the weather transitions are synced to your session length. 10% duration means 10x weather acceleration.

Bloodylipp
11-05-2015, 13:54
In response to the corner thing. For a clean lap, the sector before the next lap must be clean, the whole thing. It's annoying, but that's what you guys are referring to. Forza is the same way, but I agree with you.

Franco Ferrari
11-05-2015, 13:58

Random weather uses at least two weather slots (correct me if I'm wrong), and 10% length would mean that a race would be about 7 laps long at max (with Formula A, for example).
With two weather slots it means that the weather has to change at least one time during the race.
The weather transition would start to take place during the 4th lap (in a 7-lap race), and all the transition would last only 1 lap or something.

So everything would change really fast.

One point i forgot to make is that the rolling starts are really annoying, sometimes you start heading for a wall, others in the middle of a corner.
Anyway im sure the developers are aware of these things and fixing them along with the others.

Yes. This is a known issue.

AsHeavenIsWide
11-05-2015, 14:07

Its probably to stop losers on time trials going off track and getting a higher speed into the first corner

Franco Ferrari
11-05-2015, 14:11
Its probably to stop losers on time trials going off track and getting a higher speed into the first corner

Yep, this is mainly the reason.
For example cutting completely through the last chicanes at LeMans would give anyone a HUGE advantage if not regulated properly.
The downside to this is that on this same track even a brief grass excursion a couple of Kms back would ruin the next lap, also.