PDA

View Full Version : View gamemode in lobby?

besweeet
11-05-2015, 13:52
The only issue I've come across so far in multiplayer is that you can't tell what gamemode the server is in until you connect to a lobby and hope that the "join in progress" button is available to you (indicating practice or qualifying -- not obvious to new players).

In the early access days, lobbies would be open if there's no server activity, or it would be closed if it's an in-progress session.

Killzone729
11-05-2015, 17:12
I agree with this completely. If there is one thing I am looking for is to see all of the information about the race and what stage (possibly time left as well) the current session is at. I jumped into an all Audi race and didn't realize it as it just said GT3. I joined another that threw me right in the race on a rolling start! :eek:

camillozockt
11-05-2015, 19:30
and maybe show in which session the lobby already is !

Krobo
11-05-2015, 19:35
Does the "start" or join session button NOT work if the servers in the RACE session ? I was trying to get on a league test server , ther was no way to tell what session and a few of us were stuck in the outter lobby trying to join but we had no join button ,you know the one on the left.next to the 'start vote to launch' button ..lol

thanks ;-)

DragonSyr
14-05-2015, 12:31
I agree with this completely.

Antiversum
14-05-2015, 14:33
Imo the browser needs filter for all that:

Car class, gamemode, driving assists (yes, I am a very bad guy using a controller and ABS and so on and you always have to join, look for it, leave, joining again..).

DragonSyr
15-05-2015, 08:52
developers must see the way that formula1 titles do it many years ago.....

kaa0s
15-05-2015, 15:58
Would also love to have all the info available before joining, like an info screen behind a button or something. Have had it happen a few times that when I join a lobby the event pretty much starts before I get to see anything about it. I don't really mind other than when it throws me into qualifying and then at the pits I can't see how many laps the coming race will be so I could adjust my settings (fuel etc.) accordingly. But yeah, there's probably a bunch of more important stuff to iron out before we get stuff like this. Actually managed to find decent racing folk today by hosting some road class 10 lap races and oh man it was a welcome breeze of pack racing in the midst of the usually chaotic public lobbies :D