PDA

View Full Version : T300RS Force Feedback: Forumla Rookie vs RUF RGT-8 Problem

LPlates
11-05-2015, 14:13
When using the wheel with a Formula Rookie (and a lot of other cars) the feedback is superb. Every kerb, bump and tap is felt perfectly.

If I switch to the RUF RGT-8 (and some other Super Cars) there is zero feedback. I believe this is a fault, can anyone confirm if this is a known issue?

If messed with all of the settings (tyre force at max etc) but there is literally no feedback. You can run from track to kerb to sand and the wheel does nothing. The steering is heavy so its on and doing something but slamming a sausage kerb at 100mph in a RUF should yank the wheel out of my hand and I absolutely feel nothing.

A confirmation that this is a fault and being looked at would be great, thanks.

KlubbinJay
11-05-2015, 14:29
i can confirm this issue. It doesnt matter if you gonna change the FFB at the game, the wheel does have 0% FFB during a drive with some hypercars

Andario
11-05-2015, 14:50
I have the same "issue". But i think it isnīt an issue. When you drive with a RUF RGT there is a servo in it and it will help to turn the wheel. So there are only a few effeckts in the wheel. Also the car is heavy and big and all that stuff. So it is easy with this servo to turn your wheel. When you are in a open wheel car and the tires are warm, it will net some more strenge to turn the wheel. Or you drive with an lmp1 car there are some more effeckts. So i think this is right.

Alan Dallas
11-05-2015, 17:17
When using the wheel with a Formula Rookie (and a lot of other cars) the feedback is superb. Every kerb, bump and tap is felt perfectly.

If I switch to the RUF RGT-8 (and some other Super Cars) there is zero feedback. I believe this is a fault, can anyone confirm if this is a known issue?

If messed with all of the settings (tyre force at max etc) but there is literally no feedback. You can run from track to kerb to sand and the wheel does nothing. The steering is heavy so its on and doing something but slamming a sausage kerb at 100mph in a RUF should yank the wheel out of my hand and I absolutely feel nothing.

A confirmation that this is a fault and being looked at would be great, thanks.

It's not a fault, the RGT-8 is a road going car. By design the suspension is softer to soak up bumps and what not so you're not really going to feel much in the steering. pCARS blends FFB input from the suspension and forces on the steering rack(which is in turn fed by the tire contact patch) just like in a real car. In a real car you don't really feel road noise through the steering wheel so for FFB to work in pCARS extra input has to be fed to it from the suspension.

To get a better feel of the road surface in the RGT-8 setup page go to Force Feedback Setup and turn up the Spindle Master Scale. This is essentially the road surface/contact patch 'volume knob' if you will. For the Thrustmaster T300 turn it up to around 36 as a starting point, it's pretty much the same wheel as my TX. I usually turn it up in steps of 10 depending on the car until I find what I like. FYI, fair warning, setting Master Scale too high and plowing kerbs will want to rip the wheel out of your hands. Or at least in my experience while playing around. I normally keep the road noise at a minimum.

LPlates
11-05-2015, 19:03
I appreciate the replies guys but I don't think you are understanding....there is zero feedback. If I hit a wall or a sausage kerb in an any car (RUF included) I'm going to feel it a little. Its literally off.