PDA

View Full Version : Noob question - how do I pit?

Wootball
11-05-2015, 14:15
So I'm trying the Catalunya community event (which still doesn't record my lap times, by the way) and I have a meeting with a wall. Suspension busted - I nurse the car around the track to the pits and then select a PIT strategy (as in, I picked the top option and made sure it was fixing damage). I then picked 'close' to close the menu. My car then drives straight through the pit lane, ignores any of the pit boxes, and straight back out with broken suspension.

How am I supposed to fix my car in the pit lane? Do I need to press something to make my car stop?

NemethR
11-05-2015, 14:17
You do not have to.
Press [Esc], and select Restart Session.

As for the time not being recorded, I had this too with gokarts no idea why.

PaulStuart_
11-05-2015, 14:18
Try not pressing 'cancel'. Think it cancels the pit stop but not too sure.

Wootball
11-05-2015, 14:22
You do not have to.
Press [Esc], and select Restart Session.

As for the time not being recorded, I had this too with gokarts no idea why.

So there's basically no pitting in this event? My engineer tells me to pit... Admittedly I haven't got to a point in career where I need to pit, I've only tried on this event.

Try not pressing 'cancel'. Think it cancels the pit stop but not too sure.

I've tried that to. Basically, I can't so anything to get my car to stop in the pit lane for new tyres/damage etc.

NemethR
11-05-2015, 14:25
So there's basically no pitting in this event? My engineer tells me to pit... Admittedly I haven't got to a point in career where I need to pit, I've only tried on this event.

If you really want to pit, just drive into the pits, the AI will control the car then, but in time Trial (as this community event is) there is no need to pit.

Bealdor
11-05-2015, 14:29

I've tried that to. Basically, I can't so anything to get my car to stop in the pit lane for new tyres/damage etc.

There is no pitstop function in TT, Free Practice (not sure about that though) and Events (which essentially is a TT mode).

Wootball
11-05-2015, 16:04
There is no pitstop function in TT, Free Practice (not sure about that though) and Events (which essentially is a TT mode).

Right OK. At least it's not me going mad. Might be worth turning off the 'BOX BOX BOX' message if you crash in TT and events though...