PDA

View Full Version : Please let us deactivate centering spring on ffb wheel

TomekCB
11-05-2015, 14:39
Don't know if it's the same on pc but on PS4 we have the centering activate. We can not deactivate it in drivers and we can't deactivate it through editing the game files. It feels so unrealistic. It's ok when car stand still but if it start to move the wheel centers with full speed. It's hard to control the car when on low speed and strong ffb.

I've tried all sliders in the ffb options. Got my ffb right but it feels strange driving like this. Even games like Driveclub have this right and a SIM like pcars
drives like on an arcade machine.
I can wait till other things get fixed but this h kills my whole experience.Drift is almost impossible.

alegunner68
11-05-2015, 16:27
I agree, although some cars don't exhibit this, for example the formula c behaves as it should but the capri has the spring effect.
I've spent hours trying to sort it but to no avail.
Hope it's looked in to.
Also the sliders need to be 0.01 increments instead of 0.05 - i can't get my ff removal correct.
EDIT: PS4 as this is the ps4 thread!
T300, sorry i should have stated that.

Eric Bergeret
11-05-2015, 16:34
signature guy's , xbx1/ ps4 and on this particular case , we don't know what wheel you guy's use, that may help other player give you some advice..

now on pc you can look here maybee that can help you: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=891198#post891198

if you have a fanatec wheel the spr should be off to avoid that. pc or console.

ps: if you got a car to sensitive to drive and too much spring effect try to reduce the steering ratio into the car setup.you have to try i do not renmber if you have to reduce or up it :)

embe71
11-05-2015, 18:21
Confirmed for Thrustmaster T300RS (PS4). Please fix this by adding an option for center-spring-off because it's extremely annoying regardless any possible settings done in the ffb-setup.

TomekCB
11-05-2015, 18:46
I've played with every setting.updated the firmware off wheel and after almost 2 days I give up. It's not the ffb centering when going fast.It centers in every car right after the car start to move. Nothing but overall ffb strength reduce this.yeah but also every other force I want.this make the game more arcade than it should be.
A friend on pc had this before disabling center spring in wheel driver settings.
Please address this in patch.It's annoying as he'll.

TomekCB
11-05-2015, 23:05
i did some tests and contacted a friend. hes playing on pc and i told him to activate the center-spring in Thrustmaster drivers on windows.
After doing that hes encounter the same centering force as me.

Solution is to give us the option to disable it ingame or disable it as default. I dont have the problem on Driveclub so it has to be done ingame.

Nobody drives games with FFB with this enabled. How to give this bug to the developers?

embe71
12-05-2015, 01:58
Exactly. The spring force eats up the ffb-effects when cornering hard. You can compensate for this a bit by lowering tire force but then you lower the small ffb-effects (small curbs etc) the same time. please add the option to turn center spring off with a patch to get a nice overall ffb.-performace on the tr300S on the PS4.

TomekCB
12-05-2015, 04:57
You can see when the spring is on. Watch the clipping tool. Even without mixing of FFB signal there is the centering force. Like on pc with spring on in drivers.

alegunner68
12-05-2015, 06:24
It also seems car specific ( with me, anyway ) e.g. the fc acts as it should but the capri snaps to the middle.

TomekCB
12-05-2015, 08:43
You should have this feel when driving fast but the wheel center right after car start to move. If you have tireforce on low it centers itself very quick and than the real tire centering cone in to play.If tireforce set very low you can feel how the wheel transition from static center spring FFB to physics driven FFB. But there should be no centering before the tire physics start straighten the wheel.

Looks like the wheel t300rs it's using the static center-spring effect till there is real FFB from in-game FFB. To me that's very strange and I can replicate it on friend's pc version if we allow the wheel to use the center spring setting this option in system driver ofthe wheel.

Please report this to the developers.It's a small issue but it kills the fun for everyone with a wheel on ps4.

Franco Ferrari
12-05-2015, 08:46
I second this request strongly.

Also, I can confirm that this is an issue * on PC too (T500RS).

* Not really an issue, though... but rather something that I learned to live with but that could change for the best anyway.

embe71
12-05-2015, 09:10
At least it's not very realistic (the spring force is all over the place when turning slowly in tight corners) und the worst thing is that it eats up all the other ff-effects when cornering hard.
IMO this messes seriously with the (in other ways excellent) immersion of the game and there should be an option to turn it off globally ingame because there is no other way like on the pc (via control-panel) when playing with a PS4.

TomekCB
12-05-2015, 14:25
There is an option to edit ini files on pc to turn this off. On console is no fix for this. How can such a big thing through QA. Are they all driving with pad?

lordymatsuo
12-05-2015, 19:40
WOW!!! So glad I found this post, I just posted a similar problem and had no clue what it was. I have tried for 10 hours as a new wheel racer I have nothing to compare this to but it just feels all wrong and small corrections or overtaking moves on straights ends up in the barrier because it loses control trying to fight with the wheel even after lowering all force settings and tweaking for more hours than racing I just can;t get the thing to feel nice.

I just after 10 hours played 1 race on AI 70% with the DS4 controller and placed 6th out of 30 in a GT3 race, I can't even finish a race with the wheel, the control is all wrong and I think this centering spring sounds like the issue I am experiencing here. Can someone who knows about this stuff read my post here and let me know if this is the centring spring issue most likely? For now it's back to the Pad and if SMS don;t comment soon I'll send the wheel back under my 14 day returns guarantee, would prefer to keep it if I coudl race with it but controller it is for now until this game breaking issue is resolved.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24263-PS4-Problems-using-Thrustmaster-T100-FFB&p=903578#post903578

embe71
12-05-2015, 20:53
Very unlikely. It doesn't affect driving that much as you describe. It's more an issue with ffb and too much resistance when cornering but you should be able to drive better than using a gamepad regardless of center spring on or off.

jason
12-05-2015, 21:21
I am also in the same boat I can confirm that I have sat on my ps4 for 4 days trying to get the right feel , as people have said the centre spring is driving me nuts . just cant get it right . :(

TomekCB
13-05-2015, 04:45
Yeah you can still drive better than with pad. It just feels wrong in some situations. I would love to create a nice setup for driving sideways with the BMW but with center spring there is no way to drift without disable FFB to almost nothing.

Hope we get a comment from sms on this issue.

embe71
13-05-2015, 06:54
Just linked this thread in the collective thread for known issues.

dvc
14-05-2015, 13:58
T300 Ferrari GTE, and no centering spring. Theres no centering spring. Its the Mz force trying to center the wheels. When you stop and turn your wheels its not going back to center and you also feel different force dependend on the surface

TomekCB
14-05-2015, 14:06
Ok. Stop your car and drive slow. Disable all Fx, Fy,Fz,My...... and tire forces. Put your FFB to 100%. You can see now how the center spring is there without tire forces. Problem is not the wheel forces when driving fast as you can decrease them with Y Tire force. It's the spring when you you are on low speed and when there is no FFB input from game. I tested it without on pc and it makes controlling cars much better .in low speed corners the spring is stronger than the tire forces and destroys the feel off the car. There should be no force with all tire forces to 0!

alegunner68
14-05-2015, 19:28
Delete

toxotis70
15-05-2015, 17:40
please fix this problem in PS4 , its so annoying.... i have the T300 too and its hard to play !

mart-man
16-05-2015, 02:32
I own the T500RS and have this problem as well. I have wrist problems and the centering spring forces magnify the pain and limit my time in game. Please come up with an option to turn centering spring forces off.

TomekCB
17-05-2015, 10:04
The options for disabling it on pc is in one of the FFB Tweak files.
Function is <value DisableSlowSpring="true" />
Disabling it to <value DisableSlowSpring="false" /> turns the spring on slow driving of!

Why is there not an option ingame for doing this. On Console there is no way to change this.
Again please let us change this. It kills the immersion for me. Coming to full stop after a spin with wheel full to one direction its dangerous because as you start to drive the wheel rotate full power back to center!!!!!

We got over 30 options to adjust the FFB but something essential like this is not there and only PC guys can disable it by tweaking files outside of the game.

Please let us disable it!!! And please give us a update when the patch will be released. We bought this game and hear nothing about patching this unfinished Product.

TGFan
17-05-2015, 15:19
This has been an issue ever since day one for me, years ago. Now I'm playing with a game pad on PS4 and the snap to center on most cars is TERRIBLE! While stopped you can see what I'm talking about in external view. Stick all the way left and the car steers at a pace you would think is normal. Now let go of the stick and the wheels snap almost instantly back to center. I think this is the biggest issue that is causing so many to struggle with game pad set ups. Fix this and the handling and control problems will mostly go away I think.

Two biggest problems for me are downshifting problems and snap to center. Fix these and the game will survive I think. If not, they're just too frustrating to work around, no matter how great the game is.

Skeme_DBT
17-05-2015, 20:35
Stick all the way left and the car steers at a pace you would think is normal. Now let go of the stick and the wheels snap almost instantly back to center.

Mine doesnt do that. The wheels stay where they are - turned.
They only snap back to centre when I accelerate.

TomekCB
18-05-2015, 07:32
Yeah but wheel should center progressively as you accelerate, not instant center as with center spring. It destroys the whole FFB setup. I like Fy not so strong. When accelerating my wheel goes hard to center and than progressively lighter as I accelerate. And it's dangerous with strong wheel because with FFB to 100% as it should be the spring is always at 100 and snaps to center before FyIt's tyre force come to action. It's wrong.
Same in slow corners. Wheel gets very hard to turn as I drive slower than lighter as I accelerate and than again stronger. Almost impossible to control the car in slow corners.

Franco Ferrari
18-05-2015, 07:59
The centering spring effect can be almost completely disabled via the TH control panel on PC.

You need to check the "controlled by driver" (or whatever is called) option and then set it to 0% strength.
This, plus the Jack Spade FFB profiles effectively makes it much better... though, it makes the wheel a bit "light" compared to the setting before.

I strongly support the need to disable this option on every platform.

TomekCB
18-05-2015, 09:39
Yeah but wheel should center progressively as you accelerate, not instant center as with center spring. It destroys the whole FFB setup. I like Fy not so strong. When accelerating my wheel goes hard to center and than progressively lighter as I accelerate. And it's dangerous with strong wheel because with FFB to 100% as it should be the spring is always at 100 and snaps to center before FyIt's tyre force come to action. It's wrong.
Same in slow corners. Wheel gets very hard to turn as I drive slower than lighter as I accelerate and than again stronger. Almost impossible to control the car in slow corners.

TomekCB
18-05-2015, 09:41
No possibility to change this on console. That's why this is so annoying.

ForZa
18-05-2015, 10:34
The centering spring effect can be almost completely disabled via the TH control panel on PC.

You need to check the "controlled by driver" (or whatever is called) option and then set it to 0% strength.
This, plus the Jack Spade FFB profiles effectively makes it much better... though, it makes the wheel a bit "light" compared to the setting before.

I strongly support the need to disable this option on every platform.

Doesn't work on PS4 when you change settings in profiler. PS4 changes them back to default.

TomekCB
18-05-2015, 14:44
The profiler on pc only changes how the wheel drivers behave in this pc. It do not change anything in the firmware. Drivers on ps4 are in-game that's why they should give us An option to deactivate it in-game.
But there it's nothing they did to fit this game on console. It's like they run the pc version on console.

We need this option asap. No way driving this way with powerful wheel. It's just a small bug but it kills the game for me

Franco Ferrari
18-05-2015, 15:34
Doesn't work on PS4 when you change settings in profiler. PS4 changes them back to default.

The profiler on pc only changes how the wheel drivers behave in this pc. It do not change anything in the firmware.

I think you both got me wrong.
I know that the control panel on PC doesn't change anything on the wheel.
I didn't suggest to attach the wheel to a PC, change things and then return to the PS4.
I just said that, on PC, disabling the center spring completely via control panel, alleviates the problem... but with the side effect of rendering everything much lighter (but that's a small tradeoff IMO)... so yes, the ability to disable it would be a much desired option to have for me on the console version.

TomekCB
19-05-2015, 11:15
Would be nice to hear some patch notes. They say it takes long because of Sony or ms but what are the fixes hey worked on. Why are they so quiet. It takes a few seconds to do this. They want us to send them bug reports but nothing comes back. It's like we care more about the game than they do. Almost 2 weeks and the only thing I know is there will be pcars2.

Fre.Mo
19-05-2015, 11:43
Please could you explain what do you call centrering spring?

TomekCB
20-05-2015, 05:26
put your FFB to 100% than lower all tire forces and slow accelerate the car with wheel full to one direction.It will snap to center as you start moving. It destroys the FFB in slow corners and you have to fight the wheel when you have to turn slow speed. There is no option to deactivate it on console. And with a strong wheel it's dangerous because it's also when you press the menu button if the car stands with wheel to one direction. There is no need for this and you can disable it on pc as you should.
Hope they addressed it in the first patch.this and ghosting. This 2 things make the game unplayable for me at the moment.

Wootball
20-05-2015, 06:37
I think you both got me wrong.
I know that the control panel on PC doesn't change anything on the wheel.
I didn't suggest to attach the wheel to a PC, change things and then return to the PS4.
I just said that, on PC, disabling the center spring completely via control panel, alleviates the problem... but with the side effect of rendering everything much lighter (but that's a small tradeoff IMO)... so yes, the ability to disable it would be a much desired option to have for me on the console version.

It only changes things for the PC on which you altered it - because it's a local setting and doesn't change anything on the wheel itself. The PS4 uses it's own drivers and the spring will just reactivate as soon as it's plugged in to a PS4.

Fre.Mo
20-05-2015, 14:04
It only changes things for the PC on which you altered it - because it's a local setting and doesn't change anything on the wheel itself. The PS4 uses it's own drivers and the spring will just reactivate as soon as it's plugged in to a PS4.

You say that the settings done with the thrustmaster control panel are not taken into account for the game? But the FFB strenght set in the control panel is well taken into account for the PS4 game, no?

Wootball
20-05-2015, 16:43
You say that the settings done with the thrustmaster control panel are not taken into account for the game? But the FFB strenght set in the control panel is well taken into account for the PS4 game, no?

No, not if it's altered on the PC control panel.

Fre.Mo
20-05-2015, 18:32
So if you set the FFB strenght at 60 or at 100% in the control panel you will notice no change in the game?

GTAndy36
21-05-2015, 07:53
Not on the PS4... you have to change the FFB strength through the menus.

When you flick the T300 over onto the PS4 switch, it goes into PS4 mode. This doesn't use any of the firmware updates, or any of the saved PC settings.

TomekCB
21-05-2015, 10:42
Changes on pc hardware drivers never changes something on the wheel itself. We need this option in-game on console. It's dangerous when you press the menu button while cornering our similar circumstances. The wheel centers itself and can brake your finger because you don't expect something like this. They need to fix this. Option to disable or disable it default.

morpwr
25-05-2015, 20:11
If this is the problem then it needs to be fixed asap.Nothing you change makes the cars feel right in this game.Wheel is always very stiff and cars have no traction feel as is.Really sucks I just spent 600 dollars on pedals and this wheel to get this from it!This game has such potential but not until they fix this issue with the wheels.Makes me wish I had a p/c those guys seem to get a good feel from the ffb.

morpwr
26-05-2015, 23:48
Not only that give us the option to control ffb on the wheel like pc guys can.Seems like the pc guys like the ffb.Plus all the tweaker files tell us to adjust ffb in the wheel but we cant adjust that on the ps4.Why?Is that something that cant be done or just wasn't done?

ivan-hoe78
27-05-2015, 00:00
put your FFB to 100% than lower all tire forces and slow accelerate the car with wheel full to one direction.It will snap to center as you start moving. It destroys the FFB in slow corners and you have to fight the wheel when you have to turn slow speed. There is no option to deactivate it on console. And with a strong wheel it's dangerous because it's also when you press the menu button if the car stands with wheel to one direction. There is no need for this and you can disable it on pc as you should.
Hope they addressed it in the first patch.this and ghosting. This 2 things make the game unplayable for me at the moment.

This 2 things, and the there are one a lot important too. When I go to a new race on career mode, or go back to the boxes from track, all my configuration of the car are disappeared! Literally all including the FFB. Doesn't matter if you just save the FFB config on your garage for all the circuits or one specifically, the game changes all again and again every race and every time you go to boxes on the same race. I'm so tired of this...

This things are killing me, and turning me angry a lot every time I play the game.

jhonatas
28-05-2015, 00:24
+1.

muscular
28-05-2015, 05:38
Im surprised this issue is still unfixed for some time already.

Goruk
28-05-2015, 17:06
I have notice that every time I start the game the option "Soft Steering Dampening" under "Advance Control Settings" is always turn on, so every time I start the game i have to turn it off, it makes a little diference on the FFB feel.
But Center spring stil on though.

T500 on the PS4

Spitfire77
28-05-2015, 22:41
Yes please add the option to disable center spring

jason
29-05-2015, 01:43
settings by scrogg , tweeked by me these are some wicked settings. These will work for PC / PS4 and I would assume xbox one

Settings for my T500RS with Kurb Effects

Okay, have spent the last 2 hours with AC, PC and my T500 at Spa in a BMW Z4 gt3

I don't have it perfect yet but I have made a ton of progress on getting that AC feel.

Many people may not care for the feel but to me it's a great leap in as far as the immersion goes (I like a heavier wheel and feedback, even if it isn't totally accurate)

The Values I have marked in red are the ones that are affecting you centre spring as far as I can tell as I have gone a little further in testing with scroggs settings

In PCars control panel

Tire force 100
Per Wheel Movement 0.0
Per Wheel Movement squared 0.0
Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
Deadzone removal range .05
Deadzone removal falloff .01
Linkage Scale 0.0
Linkage Stiffness 1.0
Linkage Damping 1.0
Relative Adjust Gain .98
Relative adjust Bleed .10
Relative adj clamp .96
Scoop Knee .70
Scoop Reduction .25
Soft Clipping (Half Input) 0.0
Soft Clipping (Full Output) 0.0

Under Vehicle Tuning Setup > Force Feedback > Spindle

Master Scale 10 (this is low and I still get a ton of FFB) I now use 10 8 or 6 depending on which car and wheel , I use t500rs , this may have to be raised for t300 as ffb isn't as strong
Fx Scale 54
Fy Scale 54
Fz Scale 60
Mz Scale 90.01 (this is almost like spring center, it will determine how much resistance you get turning the front wheels)
Mz scale bring it down to remove more centre spring
All Smoothing set at 0.0

Arm Angle 1200 This value also will need to go down to 0 and up to 1300 again depending on what car

Under Vehicle Tuning Setup > Force Feedback > Body & SOP

Body Scale 0.01
Body Longitudinal Scale 0.01
Body Stiffness 100
Body Damping 100

Below is the biggy if you like kurb effects and feeling the bumps in the road

SoP Scale 100
SoP Lateral Scale 70
SoP Differential Scale 100
SoP Damping 0.0

Disclaimer: Try these at your own risk, what I like in FFB may be nothing like what you like. I will say though if you thought the FFB before was not aggressive enough or heavy enough, you might like these settings. I also only tried these with one car at one track. These settings most likely will need even more tweaking with different vehicles, but that is part of the appeal of this title, it allows you to do just that.

Even if they are not to your liking they might get you pointed in a direction that does work for you, this is a game that is going to make you crawl under the hood so to speak if you want to get the most out of it.

Guys I am trying to help " please don't bag me for that " I just want everyone to feel what I feel in my wheel , it takes a little time but if you use this as a base and do little tweeks and one at a time so you understand what its doing to the feel of the car , go drive come back to pits and tweek again until you feel you are happy

This game is by far the best ffb I have ever felt in a game .

alegunner68
01-06-2015, 16:11
Looks like this is being fixed in the patch.
* Fixed an issue that causes the wheel centring spring to be active during driving.

florent71
03-06-2015, 20:26
Hi,

I have the same issue on my T300RS, but in our "investigation" with a friend, we find that a option was related to the problem

Go to option / controls / controler mode / avanced -> yes / soft steering dampering -> off

Try it for yourself this really change the feedback and make the wheel act "normal", no more heavy center spring

The bad part, the option reset on each time you reset the game, check my topic

Try it and keep me inform !

FYI : my wheel run on default setup after calibration in 1080°, no others changes or tweaks and work perfect !

Jorge15gp
04-06-2015, 12:02
Hi,

I have the same issue on my T300RS, but in our "investigation" with a friend, we find that a option was related to the problem

Go to option / controls / controler mode / avanced -> yes / soft steering dampering -> off

Try it for yourself this really change the feedback and make the wheel act "normal", no more heavy center spring

FYI : my wheel run on default setup after calibration in 1080°, no others changes or tweaks and work perfect !

The same problem with fanatec CSR elite

Also, the car goes it self to the center, i go Out to options menu and i click off the auto stering help, i go to the game again and surprise, its still actívated. The FFB its hard and the car try to go to the center it self....so its horrible to drive.

florent71
04-06-2015, 12:37
this not the stering assist you have to desactivate (but yeah it's really better to switch it off !) but the soft stering dampering

go to option / controls / configuration / controler mode / soft stering dampering

muscular
04-06-2015, 13:30
Hi,

Didn't do any difference for me, still very strong self-centering.

I simply lower tire force until patch 1.4 comes out.

florent71
04-06-2015, 15:11
Didn't do any difference for me, still very strong self-centering.

I simply lower tire force until patch 1.4 comes out.

really ? this is strange, are you sure the option is set "off" (check because every time you launch the game, the option reset "on"), in my case there is a HUGE différence on a T300RS, same story with the TX on xbox one

muscular
10-06-2015, 07:07
Auto-Centering needs to be disabled as soon as possible, this option is destroying a lot of T300 thrustmaster wheels. With auto-centering and FFB at 100, there is simply just too much resistance for the wheel to handle, as such a lot of wheel's mechanism actually broke down because of this. The patch needs to be out as soon as possible to avoid replacement troubles and inconveniences to gamers.

jhonatas
11-06-2015, 13:28
Auto-Centering needs to be disabled as soon as possible, this option is destroying a lot of T300 thrustmaster wheels. With auto-centering and FFB at 100, there is simply just too much resistance for the wheel to handle, as such a lot of wheel's mechanism actually broke down because of this. The patch needs to be out as soon as possible to avoid replacement troubles and inconveniences to gamers.

decrease Fy and Sop Lat

Kong
12-06-2015, 14:29
Not fixed with patch 1.4 on PS4 with T500RS.... been holding out for this and gutted to find strong centring spring still in effect.

florent71
12-06-2015, 15:20
centering spring still active on T300RS too and soft steering dampening parameter still reset "on", now I've to wait for 1.5...

alegunner68
12-06-2015, 19:06
Thanks for the patch but this centring issue is still the same. I'm gutted to say the least. What's going on dev's?

knight01
12-06-2015, 23:02
I was also hoping the patch would fix the centre spring issue on the T300rs, but it hasn't been fixed as the patch notes say. The centre spring needs to be switched off completely. I've gone back to playing with DS4 controller for now.

I tried the wheel in Driveclub and T300rs has no issues with centre spring. This problem is a Pcars issue.

Diablo944
13-06-2015, 23:18
1.4 on ps4. centre spring issue still screwing things up. Looks like its time to turn all the force feedback off and wait for 1.5
300 quid on a force feedbackless wheel, and people thought spending that on ffb was bad

knight01
24-06-2015, 14:17
2.0 patch notes:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes

Hi all,

Project CARS – Patch 2.0 – Release Notes
Controls – All platforms
* Steering wheels – reduced the centering rate of the steering spring. This improves the feel of steering wheels at very low speeds.

alegunner68
01-07-2015, 05:37
Early impressions seem not good. Looks like we've just got to put up with it. :frown-new:

Luke Townsend
01-07-2015, 06:08
Early impressions seem not good. Looks like we've just got to put up with it. :frown-new:

Is that on a PS4? (asking as your platform says PS4) Patch 2.0 has not been released on PS4 yet AFAIK.

madmax2069
01-07-2015, 06:12
Is that on a PS4? (asking as your platform says PS4) Patch 2.0 has not been released on PS4 yet AFAIK.

Regardless of platform these patches will more then likely have the same effects, like it did with 1.4. Usually the only thing thats different with them is platform specific changes (which isnt many).

They already released the patch notes for all platforms on what they're going to change (including platform specific changes).

knight01
01-07-2015, 08:54
Have to wait and see if the centre spring is issue is fixed for PS4 wheels.
But if what's being said about FFB and centre spring in the thread for "PC patch 2.0" is true, I'm very disappointed. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32776-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-2-0-Release-notes-OUT-NOW-on-PC&p=1023980&viewfull=1#post1023980
I purchased a wheel last month and I haven't been able to play the game with the wheel for too long because of the centre spring issue and was hoping this patch (1.5?? 2.0) would fix it. What a waste of £250 for the wheel.

SunBro
01-07-2015, 09:07
I would seriously buy extra dlc that lets me deactivate centering spring completely.

Yeah, i'm that desperate.

Fre.Mo
01-07-2015, 09:17
In order to attenuate this centering spring effect, I lowered fy, Mz and fx scales.

CobMcCool
01-07-2015, 09:17
I hear you bro, pleeeeeeeease, for the love of God let us turn if off

Diablo944
01-07-2015, 09:48
Some kind of simple slider if its possible. Preferable something that isnt called a sz field, with an explanation thats beyond understanding. Something like, oh i dont know, maybe... Centre spring effect, and have it run from maybe zero to a hundred? Or zero to ten, or even a toggle on/off. Anything at all that works and doesnt mean the wheel is working its tits off all the time for no reason whatsoever

Ps, i just bought gt6 for ps3, yes, I really am that confident :-(

alegunner68
02-07-2015, 15:50
A slider would be pointless as nobody ( i haven't seen one post praising the centring effect ) wants the effect there at all.

rams1de
02-07-2015, 16:08
Regardless of platform these patches will more then likely have the same effects, like it did with 1.4. Usually the only thing thats different with them is platform specific changes (which isnt many).

They already released the patch notes for all platforms on what they're going to change (including platform specific changes).

1.4 created the problems PC users are currently experiencing with regards to heavy clipping and they are saying 2.0 hasn't fixed it.

We've not had the same issues on PS4, from personal experience and reading around the forums, so I'm hopeful we'll get a centre spring fix.

Diablo944
02-07-2015, 18:39
A slider would be pointless as nobody ( i haven't seen one post praising the centring effect ) wants the effect there at all.

I think maybe you are missing the point i was trying to make there. A slider, or a toggle, gives the option 'if' somebody out there actually does like it. Yes we hear lots of people say aaaargggghhh, hate it. But there have been a couple of people post who arent bothered about it. Removing it 'could' upset somebody. Having the option to kill it or bring it back by choice (a choice nobody has at this moment) doesnt risk aloenating somebody who may like it, but does give all those who hate it the option to kill it. So toggle or slider doesnt matter, just the ability for those of us who hate it to kill it

madmax2069
02-07-2015, 18:44
Something like this should have a option, some people like the center spring, some people do not.

The only way to make everyone happy is to provide us with a option.

alegunner68
02-07-2015, 21:43
Fair enough..has anyone at sms acknowledged that it still hasn't been fixed?

Diablo944
03-07-2015, 01:36
Fair enough..has anyone at sms acknowledged that it still hasn't been fixed?
I am hoping that the ps4 patch has it fixed and its just pc users that are suffering this in the update. I am starting to wonder if anyone at sms has access to a t300 wheel though as it beggars belief that anyone can see the way its working as acceptable. It feels like someone is trying to fix the problems based on data alone and not feel. For something as important as the primary control system, and keeping in mind that at time of release the t300 was the only sony supported official mid-high end wheel out there, you would have thought it would have been right from the get go. I am not picking on sms for issues at the start, though I am starting to feel the forced centering spring effect issue is a huge one to anyone with a t300.
This week saw a change in my gameplaying. From playing pcars every day for a decent amount of time and since day one of release, for the last week I have been spending more time playing older ps3 games than i have on ps4 as the wheel setup on those older games is both easy to setup and use, and for the most part is giving me far better 'feel' than pcars, and without the centre spring (nor the mass of settings that i dont fully understand and that are not always explained in an understandable way, if at all in game) sending me mental. So gt5, gt6, even grid autosport are all being played more than pcars. Dont get me wrong, pcars is so close to being awesome that it hurts to say its not quite there. The steering issues are nowhere near as bad as shift 2 unleashed which is beyond awful in wheel terms, but the other games listed, (although nowhere near as proficient graphically, and in some cases aiming totally in a different direction in racing terms) are far easier to get to grips with wheel wise and offer users a chance to get a reasonable feel almost immediately. That quick 'setup and go' aspect is a bit arcade like and offers much less in terms of tweak-ability, but it does give you a working wheel setup and lets you play the game rather than spend hours trying to understand the myriad of options pcars gives that then lead to shedloads of time trying to get those options right, only to have the centre spring still screw them all up.

I skipped gt6 when it came out. I bought pcars on day one on ps4, bought a wheel, pedal and shifter after buying pcars. Which only serves to add to the irony that i have now bought and am playing gt6 with the wheel setup that i bought for pcars instead of playing pcars.

Pcars has raised the stakes in terms of what should be done in a racing game. But while playing these older titles I am seeing areas of pcars that are less appealing than I first thought. I love the visual damage in grid autosport (but hate the interior views, very rudimentary). I love the mirror in gt6 over pcars dodgy draw distance mirror, while the sense of speed and 'dunk' crash noises not so much, gt6 average looking vehicle damage seem to be similar to slow speed pcars bumps in that it lacks any visual impact, bumps in grid looking much more effective.

Its maybe not fair to compare all these games, but in all honesty, i really wish the simple wheel setup and actual operation from any of the ones listed (apart from shift) was on pcars as by now I wouldnt be playing any of these old games, much less have bought the ps3 gt6 and GA 'AFTER' buying pcars on ps4. I hadn't realised until this point quite how disappointed i was with the t300 on pcars. I knew i was not happy, but playing games where the wheel is working better (albeit with less effects) has really rammed it home.

Diablo944
03-07-2015, 01:38
I should really delete that post as i feel its both too long and perhaps shouldn't be in this thread. But i always hate it when other people delete a post if its been seen by others, so instead i will apologise for it being there and let it ride. Sorry about that

alegunner68
03-07-2015, 05:19
Glad you didn't delete it, very well put.

alegunner68
07-07-2015, 05:35
Don't know about you guys but it's fixed for me. Some are reporting otherwise so not sure what's going on there.

florent71
07-07-2015, 05:42
Yop seems fine to me too on a T300RS

Exoil
15-04-2016, 22:36
This seemingly haven't been fixed yet. Man, you have to fight the wheel sometimes.

I'm using Jackspades classic setting with 50 ffb and 100 tire force.

lancashirelad
15-04-2016, 23:46
A few things to try if you are having problems.
Firstly make sure you're wheel is connected before you turn on you're ps4.
Try my settings in my signature, you can always revert back if you don't like them.
I don't use jack spades.
Reset you're in car force feedback to default.
Then input my global force feedback settings.
Try driving the chevy gt3 at Oulton park or 24hr le mans.

morpwr
16-04-2016, 13:43
This seemingly haven't been fixed yet. Man, you have to fight the wheel sometimes.

I'm using Jackspades classic setting with 50 ffb and 100 tire force.

It has been fixed. The wheel settings make a huge difference in the feel. Just remember some cars will be very heavy as they should be like the formula cars. Try my settings on the oscarolim site and let me know how you make out. You need to use jacks settings for the cars with them. I prefer the classic settings myself but the others should work ok too.