PDA

View Full Version : Using 'my garage' how do you select a livery to be used in practice/solo/online?

JB5
11-05-2015, 15:20
I know in career you drive for a team and use their car livery but when you do practice/solo/online is there a way to choose which car livery you use? When I goto select car I press 'triangle' for 'my garage' and choose a car and create a setup but then you must go back? how do you choose THAT car and then proceed to track?

Or is this not possible? OR (more likely) I'm being a numpty and missed something obvious! :rolleyes:

Neil Bateman
11-05-2015, 15:25
You go to My garage, click select car then select class and then model.

You should then have left and right arrows to scroll through skins.

JB5
11-05-2015, 15:31
Yes and then select which one, but how do you then advance to the track? only option is to go back, which takes you to to car selection/garage screen.

Alan Dallas
11-05-2015, 17:37
Yes and then select which one, but how do you then advance to the track? only option is to go back, which takes you to to car selection/garage screen.
Currently, My Garage is just a car and livery viewer. There's no links on the viewer page to jump off into one of the race modes. It was something that was requested on the Dev forums but hasn't been implemented yet.
For the time being you'll have to select the car/livery combo from each of the race modes seperately. I know, it's not the most effective way of selecting car/livery combos. Hang in there, more feature patches to come. :)

JB5
11-05-2015, 17:52
Currently, My Garage is just a car and livery viewer. There's no links on the viewer page to jump off into one of the race modes. It was something that was requested on the Dev forums but hasn't been implemented yet.
For the time being you'll have to select the car/livery combo from each of the race modes seperately. I know, it's not the most effective way of selecting car/livery combos. Hang in there, more feature patches to come. :)

Thank you for replying. I goto garage, select car and livery, make a new tune or edit, then save and I'm back garage screen. I press back to goto car selection/garage option again, choose car and when I get to the track its a random design and not the one I chose when making my setup. So it must be a bug then if I'm doing it correctly.

Alan Dallas
11-05-2015, 18:57
Thank you for replying. I goto garage, select car and livery, make a new tune or edit, then save and I'm back garage screen. I press back to goto car selection/garage option again, choose car and when I get to the track its a random design and not the one I chose when making my setup. So it must be a bug then if I'm doing it correctly.
The setup you save in my garage should be loading with the track(s) you save it with. Something I got into the habit of when play testing long ago while tuning setups in the Garage was to click Edit again then save again and double check my settings stuck by pressing Load before leaving the My Garage page. Make a note on something you changed and take a quick glance in the Summary Page.

Edit: Oh and as for the livery design chosen, it won't keep the same livery from the My Garage, you'll have to select that per Race Mode as I previously described.

JB5
13-05-2015, 14:07
The setup you save in my garage should be loading with the track(s) you save it with. Something I got into the habit of when play testing long ago while tuning setups in the Garage was to click Edit again then save again and double check my settings stuck by pressing Load before leaving the My Garage page. Make a note on something you changed and take a quick glance in the Summary Page.

Edit: Oh and as for the livery design chosen, it won't keep the same livery from the My Garage, you'll have to select that per Race Mode as I previously described.

Finally figured it out, what a strange long winded way of selecting a livery but alas it did work just now when i loaded up a practice track and i got the right livery. So for online I guess i goto the garage in the lobby screen and that should load the chosen livery too. Thanks for your help :)

awaite85
13-05-2015, 16:05
That should be a easy patch. After one day of racing i am thankful the game is finally here. But yes, the livery selection patch will be nice.