PDA

View Full Version : Launch option for skipping Intro videos?

xeek
11-05-2015, 15:29
Hey,

in most Steam games you can usually put a "-novid" into your launch options which will disable all the Intro videos and will put you directly into the Main Menu. It doesn't work with Pcars so I am wondering if there is another option to disable them.

Thanks

Umer Ahmad
11-05-2015, 15:33
TRY: ESC, spacebar, mouse click (any of them)

MysterG
11-05-2015, 15:34
Ignoring the fact it takes literally a millisecond to press something that cancels it, you can rename the file /steam/steam apps/common/pcars/movies/projectcars_boottrailer.bik to something else and it wont appear.

Personally I just press a button.

xeek
11-05-2015, 15:43
TRY: ESC, spacebar, mouse click (any of them)

Ignoring the fact it takes literally a millisecond to press something that cancels it, you can rename the file /steam/steam apps/common/pcars/movies/projectcars_boottrailer.bik to something else and it wont appear.

Personally I just press a button.

It is a little bit annoying because I don't have that much room on my table when I mount the Wheel.
Disabling the Video worked, is it also possible to disable all the logo screen's?

MysterG
11-05-2015, 15:44
Which wheel? T500 button cancels it too.

No you can't disable the logos. Various companies would be most unhappy, licensing agreements and all that.

Roger Prynne
11-05-2015, 17:17
G25 just press a button or pedals.

fazlee712
12-05-2015, 01:08
you can unpack the .bff files and change/remove the intro slides (and then find something like http://i.imgur.com/NgvL9n5.png in there)

Gimpymoo
12-05-2015, 11:07
Which wheel? T500 button cancels it too.

No you can't disable the logos. Various companies would be most unhappy, licensing agreements and all that.

Why would I care if they are unhappy? We are gamers, not corporate tools.

Bealdor
12-05-2015, 11:10
Why would I care if they are unhappy? We are gamers, not corporate tools.

Please don't think your PC is asleep while it shows you those logos. It's loading the game in the meantime.
Btw. I'm sure some clever people will find a way to disable them (that happens closely after all game releases) soon.