PDA

View Full Version : I'm a noob and I need help

E_F
11-05-2015, 15:30
(first of all, if my English isn't correct, I'm sorry for that. English isn't my natural language)

Hello guys,

I'm very interested in Project Cars for the PS4. But I don't know if the game is something for me because I don't know a lot about cars customization and tuning and the game is very realistic.
The only race game I played was a bit of Gran Turismo and I don't know if you can compare GT5 to Project Cars. So I have a few questions to you guys about the game (note: It can be very stupid questions)

1: Can you use a automatic transmission in the game or is it only manual?
2: Do you need to have a steering wheel or is the performance with a PS4 controller just fine?
3: Can a noob like me play the game without any knowledge about tuning cars?
4: Is the game fun to play if you don't know a lot about Cars
5: Can you learn the driving and tuning in the game?
6: Is it worth buying for a beginner/noob like me?

Hope you guys can help me!

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 15:34
(first of all, if my English isn't correct, I'm sorry for that. English isn't my natural language)

Hello guys,

I'm very interested in Project Cars for the PS4. But I don't know if the game is something for me because I don't know a lot about cars customization and tuning and the game is very realistic.
The only race game I played was a bit of Gran Turismo and I don't know if you can compare GT5 to Project Cars. So I have a few questions to you guys about the game (note: It can be very stupid questions)

1: Can you use a automatic transmission in the game or is it only manual?
2: Do you need to have a steering wheel or is the performance with a PS4 controller just fine?
3: Can a noob like me play the game without any knowledge about tuning cars?
4: Is the game fun to play if you don't know a lot about Cars
5: Can you learn the driving and tuning in the game?
6: Is it worth buying for a beginner/noob like me?

Hope you guys can help me!

Hi EF. Welcome to pCARS.

1. Yes you can set automatic in the options.
2. PS4 is fine but a wheel is always better for fine control.
3. Yes, we have solid and safe default setups that should always err on the side of mild understeer.
4. What can I say, it's awesome! :)
5. Yes and the guys here on the forum will help you on the setup side.
6. Yes, we have a series of driving aids that will ease you into the game gently.

Cheers!

DozUK
11-05-2015, 15:36
I'll try and help.

1) yes you can
2) the performance of a controller is more than fine, the leaderboards show this to be true (they show how the times where set and many fastest are with controller). There is no denying though that a wheel is great.
3) Yes, you can but there is fun learning to tune and seconds to shave off times
4) Yes, but it's not arcade. You need to learn to handle the cars
5) Not directly from the game, there are small descriptions of what the tuning components do but you can certainly learn about tuning from these forums or from playing with others in lobbies having tuning sessions
6) Only if you want to put time into the game and learn how to play it. As mentioned earlier it's not pick up and play arcade game, if that's what you want choose Driveclub. If you put time into this game, it rewards you.

Umer Ahmad
11-05-2015, 15:36
1. yes
2. wheel is better, PS4 controller needs little more effort
3. Yes, but don't jump right into the fastest cars. They will kill you
4. Yes, you will enjoy the sounds, graphics and racing
5. Yes you can learn a lot but also the players and community can help you too. just ask, lots of friendly guys
6. Do you like driving games in general? Which other driving games do you play?

E_F
11-05-2015, 15:42
Thank you very much!

Ian Bell
11-05-2015, 15:42
Double Ninja!

vicdavery
11-05-2015, 15:43
Most of your questions have been answered already, but regarding the comparison to GT5:
I enjoyed GT5 but found that it lacked any actual racing. Many races consisted of start at the back and you have 3 laps to win the race. That is not racing in my book, so I got bored of it easily.

PCARS provides me with an exciting experience whether I am racing for 12th, 3rd or 1st. It is the thrill of racing that I love. If you've ever thought to yourself: I wish I could race cars, but don't have time/money/opportunity then this is a pretty good substitute.
Just my opinion, but I love PCARS.

E_F
11-05-2015, 15:54
Most of your questions have been answered already, but regarding the comparison to GT5:
I enjoyed GT5 but found that it lacked any actual racing. Many races consisted of start at the back and you have 3 laps to win the race. That is not racing in my book, so I got bored of it easily.

PCARS provides me with an exciting experience whether I am racing for 12th, 3rd or 1st. It is the thrill of racing that I love. If you've ever thought to yourself: I wish I could race cars, but don't have time/money/opportunity then this is a pretty good substitute.

Thanks! That was also a thing I wanted to know

DozUK
11-05-2015, 15:57

I think that pretty much sums it up, with gran turismo you just buy parts to make your car faster than the opposition and win. Wash, rinse and repeat. With project cars, if I have a bad qualifying session for whatever reason I'm actually excited to battle for a higher placing in the race. I know if I start towards the back of the pack I won't win, but that's rewarding in itself. It's fun to battle for any places further forward. Great game

MysterG
11-05-2015, 15:59
Most important, when starting out take it slow. Imagine your life is on the line if you crash.
Excessive speed is the biggest thing to overcome, fast is fun, but getting round corners is better ;)

If you can drive in real life then apply the same methods in pCARS, if you can't, then stick with pCars and you'll be well equipped with the basics when you do learn.

Eric Bergeret
11-05-2015, 16:08
close your eyes and buy it ;) you won't be disapointed .

Most important, when starting out take it slow. Imagine your life is on the line if you crash.
Excessive speed is the biggest thing to overcome, fast is fun, but getting round corners is better ;)

If you can drive in real life then apply the same methods in pCARS, if you can't, then stick with pCars and you'll be well equipped with the basics when you do learn.

check :yes:
works whit inside vievw.

E_F
11-05-2015, 16:44
Thank you all very much, you've convinced me to buy the game. Maybe when I have it, I wil have more questions, but we will see.

Umer Ahmad
11-05-2015, 16:50
For sure there will be more questions, maybe some problems/confusion even, but just remain active here and we can work to keep you enjoying the game.