PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here got this on BOTH consoles?

chris4652009
11-05-2015, 15:38
Picking up my PS4 copy tonight. Interesting to try the full version now I'm used to it on Xbox ONE.

I'm getting very noticeable frame rate drops/stuttering on Oulton Park in quick race mode with full grid on Xbox ONE...that'll be my first test on the PS4.

Revvin
11-05-2015, 15:56
I've got it on PC, PS4 and XBOX One. I've played that track with the Renault Clio over the weekend online with friends on my PS4 and it was fine but I've not tried it on the XBOX One, I've not noticed any drops in frame rate so far on the XBOX One, my only problem on that format was the large dead zone they put on the steering axis by default, it was 50 on the XBOX and only 15 on the PS4. That said with the dead zone taken out on both formats the XBOX One steering feels just a little bit smoother for some reason though that could have been the track/car combo I chose on each system.

spartanmike1978
11-05-2015, 17:31
I own both systems and have been debating which to get it for, for me, the motion blur effect or "ghosting" is the deal breaker for me. I've read a few ps4 posts stating that it was really annoying and even gave some people headaches, also read the Xbox one version has better texture filtering helping objects in the distance look cleaner. So I've decided to go with the Xbox version for now, if and add a slider to toggle the motion blur on ps4 I'll probably pick up that version also

Benja190782
11-05-2015, 17:38
I've got it on PC, PS4 and XBOX One. I've played that track with the Renault Clio over the weekend online with friends on my PS4 and it was fine but I've not tried it on the XBOX One, I've not noticed any drops in frame rate so far on the XBOX One, my only problem on that format was the large dead zone they put on the steering axis by default, it was 50 on the XBOX and only 15 on the PS4. That said with the dead zone taken out on both formats the XBOX One steering feels just a little bit smoother for some reason though that could have been the track/car combo I chose on each system.

Don't you mean the Steering Sensitivity was set to 50 on the Xbox One and 15 on the PS4 by default??
The deadzones are 0 by default on my Xbox One version - and are you racing with a wheel or controller??

chris4652009
12-05-2015, 06:56
They are like chalk and cheese.
Right now the PS4 version grips and drives lovely with no need for TCS or Stability control tyre heat up much quicker too and much more forgiving when stone cold, back to back the Xbox is twitchy, I've had to have Stability control on all the time and TCS on for wet races.

Visually the stuttering and framerate drops are not in the PS4 version either, also it just looks smoother/nicer, anyone that says there isn't noticeable visual differences between the two are either A: blind or B: on the payrole.

Xbox One desperately needs that incoming patch that I mentioned yesterday.

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq338/y2blade2/2014-07/004B3E36-029A-4C8A-8C7C-0A251A11CDEA_zpso8jlkfez.jpg

D3M0NiZe
12-05-2015, 07:46
They are like chalk and cheese.
Right now the PS4 version grips and drives lovely with no need for TCS or Stability control tyre heat up much quicker too and much more forgiving when stone cold, back to back the Xbox is twitchy, I've had to have Stability control on all the time and TCS on for wet races.

Visually the stuttering and framerate drops are not in the PS4 version either, also it just looks smoother/nicer, anyone that says there isn't noticeable visual differences between the two are either A: blind or B: on the payrole.

Xbox One desperately needs that incoming patch that I mentioned yesterday.

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq338/y2blade2/2014-07/004B3E36-029A-4C8A-8C7C-0A251A11CDEA_zpso8jlkfez.jpg

I totally agree.
I have the game on Xbox One and Ps4 and have to say the PS4 is miles better.
It handles far better without the need for tweaking the controls,and there seem to be no framerate stutters on the PS4.
The only problem i have had with the PS4 version is that it wont record my times in community events.
Before i get called a PS4 fanboy....the Xbox One is my first choice console,and i only normally buy exclusives on the PS4.
If they patch the Xbox One version to the same standard as the PS4 game then it will be awesome.

spartanmike1978
12-05-2015, 07:51
I also have both systems and am choosing to buy this game on xbox. I just really like the controller better and the rumble triggers should be sweet with this game. I also enjoy the achievements on xbox, although ps4 is slightly more powerful, i enjoy my xbox much more, and prefer the xbox exclusives, hope the patch will bring this game inline with the ps4 version performance wise

Franco Ferrari
12-05-2015, 08:20
Why the duplicate post? :(

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23770-Anyone-here-got-this-on-BOTH-consoles

chris4652009
12-05-2015, 08:28
Why the duplicate post? :(

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23770-Anyone-here-got-this-on-BOTH-consoles

Because I'm talking about BOTH versions ....................

This one in Xbox One and the other in PS4. is that ok?