PDA

View Full Version : Steering Assistance, Clio Cup

CTestF
11-05-2015, 15:58
Xbox1, Xbox Controller Pad, Manual everything.

I'm having serious problems with the Renault Clio Cup. This is the car I've been given as the first part of my career mode. So I'm guessing it should be an easy enough car to get to grips with and learn the tracks and how well the tuning section works etc. I don't consider myself new to motor racing games and tuning set ups, but I realise this is a very new game, with plenty of development still to come but... all is not well.

With Steering Assistance on, the car is un-drivable due to massive understeer. No amount of tuning seems to help the situation, even using radical settings.

With Steering Assistance off, the car is un-drivable due to massive oversteer. No amount of tuning seems to help the situation, even using radical settings.

Driving down through the Craner Curves at Donnington Park is a good example. With assistance on, the car will not drive through this section of track without understeering off the track, even though the green "line indicator" shows the car should be able to negotiate this section at reasonable speeds. The AI cars simply drive past, unaffected. It's almost as though the Pad is not working. Also when driving down a straight track at reasonable speeds, applying full lock, barely makes the car move.

When driving through the Caner Curves with Steering Assistance Off, the opposite is true. No matter how small a touch I try to put on the steering control, the car lurches about, brakes traction and eventually puts the car into a spin.

There seems to be no happy medium. I'm sure it must be something to do with controller settings rather than tuning.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also... nearly forgot...

Does anyone know how lower/raise the camera height in the photography section?

Eric Bergeret
11-05-2015, 16:16
i suggest you to lower the steering ratio, you can find that on the car setup, per car "i hope this option is also on xbox"

set that and the brake a bit lower to avoid lock whit pad
"im bad whit setup, so i can say's to you that everycar is ok by default"

mcarver2000
14-05-2015, 16:49
Of course this being a FWD, it will have massive understeer if one is on the throttle while trying to turn.

durangoflyer
15-05-2015, 00:22
With Steering Assistance off, the car is un-drivable due to massive oversteer. No amount of tuning seems to help the situation, even using radical settings.

I have been trying find the term to describe my problem and I think this might be it. I am on PS4, T300RS stock peddles and no shifter. I used PRO mode configuration so I could paddle shift with an automatic clutch. The problem is all vehicles I have tried require way too much wheel input to steer the car/kart. I tried allot of settings but I have not been able correct this. It is making it very difficult for me to up shift coming out of a turn because the wheel is spinning back around 180 degrees or more and I end up hitting the wrong paddle and down shift. I would prefer to keep wheel movement at 90 degrees left or right for most corning. Any ideas?