PDA

View Full Version : Very weak sound from tires (while drifting and braking)

KAR120
11-05-2015, 16:01
Hi guys, this is my first post and first time in the forum... in case this topic has been already discussed please accept my apologies.

I'm writing cause I can't hear at all the tires squealing while on high speed curves or on strong braking actions (with tires blockage).
This is really disappointing because I can't "feel" the cars mass transfers and drifting properly.

My PS4 is connected to a 5+1 system via optical cable, I guess I can exclude any poor connection or cable issue.
Any of you of the same opinion? Could you resolve that?

Thanks in advance guys!

dirk
11-05-2015, 22:07
Hi guys, this is my first post and first time in the forum... in case this topic has been already discussed please accept my apologies.

I'm writing cause I can't hear at all the tires squealing while on high speed curves or on strong braking actions (with tires blockage).
This is really disappointing because I can't "feel" the cars mass transfers and drifting properly.

My PS4 is connected to a 5+1 system via optical cable, I guess I can exclude any poor connection or cable issue.
Any of you of the same opinion? Could you resolve that?

Thanks in advance guys!

I have the same issue. However, it was not always like this. I used to get plenty of tire squeal, then, whilst in career mode in the middle of a superkart race, the game crashed and i had to 'hard reset' my ps4 (this is the first time my ps4 has ever crashed). Since then, tyre squeal is missing! I've tried many different car types, reset my ps4 etc and still the issue remains. Bizarre.

KAR120
12-05-2015, 06:21
In my case i have also re-installed Project Cars but same issue. You can barely hear the tires squeals... Hope SMS will fix this soon to make the driving experience more consistent.

Jogi
12-05-2015, 07:24
I'm in same boat, 5.1 system and tire sound is _really_ weak, barely hear it and so I miss totally when tires lose grip,.. I tried to lower engine sound to 30% but it does not help.. As sound is only clue about losing grip in this game.. there is no much to do when it happens..

mister dog
12-05-2015, 07:31
PC here and there is tire squeal but it's very subtle (not as pronounced as in other racing games).

Options to individually set audio volumes (tyres, wind,...) would solve this.

Fryto
12-05-2015, 08:20
I must say that I'm very satisfied with the tyre squeal sounds as they are now. Pretty realistic. I've always found them overdone in other racing games.
Also remember that racing slicks barely squeal compared to road tyres.

Jogi
12-05-2015, 10:22
I must say that I'm very satisfied with the tyre squeal sounds as they are now. Pretty realistic. I've always found them overdone in other racing games.
Also remember that racing slicks barely squeal compared to road tyres.

In game we don't have "butt feeling" like in real life so how else pad players could "feel" when tires lose grip, there is no sound loud enough, there is no skidmarks... I tried few camera views and in none of them I could feel moment when when tires lose grip.

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 11:47
Well, but its always the same number of people who are complaining unrealistic tire sqeeze if it is there. And pCars want to be a simulation...thererfore....realistic tire squeeze is inside.

Steve Loader
12-05-2015, 11:51
What happened to the plan for individual volume sliders for the various sounds?

Hype_Z
15-05-2015, 02:24
Hello! Any news about the tire squeal. Really big problem for me as I use the info from the sound of the tires to know what the back is doing... Very frustrating experience... that pit engineer won't bloody well shut up but not a peep from the tires... For anyone who says silent tires are more realistic ... try running a car on street tires on a track. Yes slicks will squeal only at the very end (and usually too late for you to do anything) but they still make a rolling sound and when driving the street cars on street tires... shit squeals!

jdmnsprd
15-05-2015, 03:32
Well, but its always the same number of people who are complaining unrealistic tire sqeeze if it is there. And pCars want to be a simulation...thererfore....realistic tire squeeze is inside.

What do you mean realistic tire squeeze is inside? I don't hear any kind of tire squeeze no matter what camera view I'm using

dvc
15-05-2015, 03:52
Somehow i can hear it clearly. And always driving from inside in helmet.

Katilla
15-05-2015, 07:59
Options to individually set audio volumes tyres and wind and background noise = no problemo

Please WMD!