PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One liveries missing?

Ez Robson
11-05-2015, 16:48
so am i the only one who noticed that a few of the liveries that where shown in the trailers aren't in the actual game, yes this is a nitpick but annoys me a lot more than it should as the liveries are for the teams which i personally support/supported. I don't know if this is for any of the other cars but for me the McLaren GT3 which is the main car i drive in the game there are a lot of liveries missing for example in the image below you can see the Sebastien Loeb Racing McLaren, Gulf Racing and a livery from the Macau GP i believe there are also some from the 24hrs of Nurburgring that have been cut out or whatever. Anybody know why these liveries aren't in there as they have clearly modelled/created the liveries so why leave them out especially as for the McLaren there are hardly any liveries. Any news regarding why they would do this or if they are going to add them would be appreciated :)

Bryer
11-05-2015, 19:00
If they released them all in one go, where would their Season Pass model stand?

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 19:02
Sadly this Video/Screen shows old Liverys which where not Allowed by McLaren and had to be removed prior to Release... (Licensing Problems)

Ez Robson
11-05-2015, 19:55
Sadly this Video/Screen shows old Liverys which where not Allowed by McLaren and had to be removed prior to Release... (Licensing Problems)

ah that sucks especially seeing as they put some of them in the launch trailer, thanks for the explanation :)

Fsantospt
23-05-2015, 20:29
Oh i had been looking for this, this sucks, i love the red bull livery but i noticed that it isn't in the game, now i know why...

DBG
23-05-2015, 20:31
Are these actual team liveries? I thought these were just made by the community?

Bealdor
23-05-2015, 20:37
Are these actual team liveries? I thought these were just made by the community?

No community liveries for McLaren cars allowed.

Machinist90
23-05-2015, 20:44

kinda lame since they allow it in horizon 2...booooo Mclaren

mkstatto
23-05-2015, 20:44

This sounds like another stupid attitude by Mclaren like the one they recently had with putting a car up to be tested head to head with other cars on Top Gear (pre cancellation), they need to relax a little.

Bealdor
23-05-2015, 20:50
kinda lame since they allow it in horizon 2...booooo Mclaren

This sounds like another stupid attitude by Mclaren like the one they recently had with putting a car up to be tested head to head with other cars on Top Gear (pre cancellation), they need to relax a little.

That's typical licensing stuff afaik. Some manufacturers don't like custom liveries, some don't want to see (much) damage on their cars and pretty much none want to see their cars burning. It's their IP so they can dictate the rules.

Fsantospt
23-05-2015, 20:53
But I also noticed that the game video, thats shows when we start or wait 1 min or so, shows the mclaren red bull livery...kinda weird its in the game video, but cant be used

Machinist90
23-05-2015, 20:55
That's typical licensing stuff afaik. Some manufacturers don't like custom liveries, some don't want to see (much) damage on their cars and pretty much none want to see their cars burning. It's their IP so they can dictate the rules.

still,allowing it in one game and forbidding it in another is a load of bollocks

Bealdor
23-05-2015, 20:57
still,allowing it in one game and forbidding it in another is a load of bollocks

Yeah, but it is what it is though.

eracerhead
23-05-2015, 21:48

Scuttlebutt says that McLaren saw some of the community-created liveries in these other games and found them offensive. They couldn't shut the barn door once the horse had bolted, but it obviously had an effect on subsequent licensing opportunities (namely ours).

P.s.: This should actually be a mild warning to everyone to exercise good taste and judgement when putting custom liveries out for public download. Using company logos without permission is one thing and can usually be covered under Fair Use policy. Obscene and vulgar images/logos will clash directly with our PEGI3 rating, and manufacturers will clearly want to distance themselves from such things.