PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes E190 DTM BUG

SpeedLord
11-05-2015, 17:53
Hi,
sorry in advance for bad english.
Below you can find a video of a bug that i found (xbox one version).

This happened with the Mercedes E190 DTM.
Leaving the pit after a crash and after you changed tires pressure, results in fifth gear and sixth gear don't work as expected.
When i shift up from fourth gear to fifth gear it seems that i shifted down to first gear. This happened many times (even after a xbox restart).
Before i leave the pit stop, gearbox setup is fine. After the bug, when i turn back to box, gearbox setup is changed. However 5th and 6th gear are longer then the 4th gear.

http://1drv.ms/1ExaRT1

Someone can confirm this problem?

Elmo
11-05-2015, 17:55
Odd. Could you record this again with the Physics HUD enabled (the one with the detailed tire temperatures in the corners of the screen)?

Thanks.

SpeedLord
11-05-2015, 21:08
thanks for reply. Happened so many times yesterday but for now i am not able to replicate the problem. If i will have more luck i will post here the video.

Casey Ringley
11-05-2015, 21:20
That's one of the stranger bugs I've ever seen. Looks exactly like you say; somehow 5th and 6th gear end up on the ratio for 1st. There is code to prevent this in the setup screen and it should be impossible to change ratios in a pit stop anyway. Keep an eye out if it happens again and make a note of the ratios in the physics telemetry HUD, as Elmo says.

SpeedLord
12-05-2015, 04:18
That's one of the stranger bugs I've ever seen. Looks exactly like you say; somehow 5th and 6th gear end up on the ratio for 1st. There is code to prevent this in the setup screen and it should be impossible to change ratios in a pit stop anyway. Keep an eye out if it happens again and make a note of the ratios in the physics telemetry HUD, as Elmo says.

when this happened i have saw the gearbox ratio in the setup menu. 5th and 6th gear have the same ratio. however this ratio was higher than the ratio of the 4th gear. Gearbox ratio keep changing automatically even after a factory reset. During the bug, i have made some test in the setup screen: as you say, i wasn't able to make a 5th gear shorter than the 4th.

SpeedLord
12-05-2015, 17:50
Odd. Could you record this again with the Physics HUD enabled (the one with the detailed tire temperatures in the corners of the screen)?

Thanks.

seems other players have my same problem
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22517-gearbox-problem&p=903225&posted=1#post903225

Genius69
13-05-2015, 09:25
Same problem

sNAKOR
13-05-2015, 15:18
i have sometimes that gearbox bug on different cars,too.

i switch the gears manually and sometimes the ratio on 2 gears is the same and other gear ratios seem to be false,too.

thats strange bug for me.
i need to go into the setup and reset to defaults, then gearbox ratio seem to be ok for this car. after i restart the game most time gear ratios broken again.

Manic DBB
14-05-2015, 20:06
^^^
I'm getting that bug too now. Caterham Seven Classic has identical 3rd & 4th gears all of a sudden.

Haven't had the first gear problem yet, knock on wood.

Rosny
17-05-2015, 21:27
i have sometimes that gearbox bug on different cars,too.

i switch the gears manually and sometimes the ratio on 2 gears is the same and other gear ratios seem to be false,too.

thats strange bug for me.
i need to go into the setup and reset to defaults, then gearbox ratio seem to be ok for this car. after i restart the game most time gear ratios broken again.

Same issue for me, during career mode.

Unsinkable Sam
18-05-2015, 11:46
Mercedes 300SEL AMG at Brands Hatch.
Saved the Gear Ratio several times, but after every Session in Careermode (Training/Qualy/Race) it switched back and 4th/5th gear are equal.

Silvano
24-05-2015, 14:29
same problem for me too, its very frustrating tough
i strongly hope the wmd team will fixed it soon.