PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd give the game a second (or third) chance...

robwdavies
11-05-2015, 18:10
So I'd had a bit of a moan about the game on here today, but a lot of people took the time to reply saying give the devs time to get it right.

So I came home, booted the game up and rather than try the dreaded karts of Glencairn, or settle for laps of an empty Nurburgring, I tried a quick race weekend at Snetterton using Renault Clios.

Weekend started loading.... 10 minutes ago. And hasn't finished yet. I'd estimate around 30% of races I try to start never get me in the car.

I'm pleased that the controller and frame rate issues are being worked on, but there are more fundamental issues affecting this game which I'm not sure are even being worked on with any sense of priority.

jonm01
11-05-2015, 18:16
Only had that happen once in 8 hours so far. Try a hard reset of your Xbox.

robwdavies
11-05-2015, 18:19
Thanks for your reply.

Did a hard reset last night. Will try another.

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 18:21
Are you having pCars by any chance on a External HDD on your Xbox?

If so try it on your internal HDD...

Benja190782
11-05-2015, 18:22
I don't have ANY of the issues people are reporting on Xbox One - not a single - maybe because I haven't started the Career Mode yet?
Only online and free practice for me..

robwdavies
11-05-2015, 18:24
Are you having pCars by any chance on a External HDD on your Xbox?

If so try it on your internal HDD...

It's currently on internal. Have tried on both.

robwdavies
11-05-2015, 18:26
Have had the freezing issue on free play, quick race weekend and career.

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 18:27
Hmm... im not familiar with the Xbox One, but are you on the actual Version (with Day 1 Patch?) The Game should have 18,4 or 18,5 GB with D1P...

robwdavies
11-05-2015, 18:28
It's 18.4 (18.5 with dlc)

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 18:30
Hmm ok so this can't be the Problem....

Since i'm not on Xbox One i can't help further...

Perhaps someone other is able to help?

robwdavies
12-05-2015, 10:30
Hard reset, reinstalled (fourth time), disconnected from network (which means I can't play online...), still not eliminating the freezing problem.

Have spoken to Tesco. They say they will replace with a new copy of the game. If that doesn't sort it they will consider a refund.

Disappointed as I was really looking forward to this game, but since purchase I've managed only a few free run sessions that haven't suffered in some way from issues.

Joshua Healy
12-05-2015, 10:36
That's a real shame but at least your retailer is open to giving you another copy to try... I really hope it works out for you.
Maybe if you delete all game data fresh for the new copy it could sort the issues.

Sankyo
12-05-2015, 10:45
When you re-install, make sure that you let the game install first and deny any question about downloading and installing the patch immediately. Only after installation has finished, download and install the patch.

PumaSpec
12-05-2015, 11:14
I haven't had any problems with it booting me to dashboard but have had 'once' a Freeze Up which required me to restart the game. Also sometimes the loading can be a little slow when navigating menu's.

cheese74
12-05-2015, 20:31
I have had to reinstall twice now due to freezing on loading ,even when I turn the Xbox off its still loading when I turn it back on , it really is shocking that this game was put out for retail, steering lock, slow menu backup , had a race where laps were not registered ,kept going round and round !!! SERIOUSLY !