PDA

View Full Version : Online ruined

Pattynufc
11-05-2015, 18:16
Yeah, basically playing online is p****g me off. Can anybody play online without hitting anyone? For me online was a big thing in P.Cars. But for god sake, people running into the back of you because they are incompetant of braking or learning the track is really getting me down. This is an almost perfect game being ruined.
If anybody is interested in clean, fair racing, feel free to add me on PSN. Username: pattynufc

DriftManiaX
11-05-2015, 18:22
that's what you get with console race games. I quit playing Forza online because of that reason. i hate when people think they have won the race after the first corner.

they really need to make the punishments harder if you hit someone.

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 18:24
Well, my best Advice for this:

Wait a Week or two and then you will found much less "Crash Kiddies".

Also AFAIK it will be worked on a false Way Penalty (DQ) in MP...

could_do_better
11-05-2015, 18:29
Use this forum to find like minded mature individuals and set up a league with a private password protected session.

(I joined a lobby full of French guys on Friday night ans was amazed how well everyone was driving, very clean, very fair. All new driver's none WMD members.)

eracerhead
11-05-2015, 18:34
I'll admit to judging people harshly from time to time, but the truth is there are a lot of people who simply don't know the limits of their vehicles yet. It'd be nice if everyone took the time to practice in single-player before joining a lobby, but the draw for online play is pretty high. And then keep in mind that tracks and vehicle types are apt to change rapidly between sessions. So it's highly likely that people joined a lobby expecting a specific track/car combo that they're comfortable with, only to have it quickly change to something else entirely.

Rudee
11-05-2015, 18:36
I've been rammed from behind so many times in online races, I should be giving virtual reach-arounds. :culpability:

Ramshackle
11-05-2015, 18:50
I use the view where I can see my whole car at the beggining of races. It definitely helps me escape a lot of crashes. Once people settle down I go back to my preferred cam. Not being able to see cars alongside you when using interior view has always been a problem in racing games.

Lord Teddy
11-05-2015, 18:59
The biggest issue is what's already been mentioned; people aren't taking the time to practice and learn the physics of the game on their own - instead they are hoping to do so in an online multiplayer lobby, which is fine - they've paid for the game after all!

But I understand your frustration and I think that something should be put in place to punish drivers, but how can a computer game determine whether the driver hit the back of you intentionally or unintentionally for example.

I'm hoping to find some clean racing lobbies on Xbox One.

GT - LordTeddyBear

Ch1ps N Queso
11-05-2015, 18:59
It's not just console racers, I was in a lobby last night on PC with the same drivers. They're everywhere. As mentioned, the only thing you can do to limit your exposure to this is find some clean folks to race with.

Alan Dallas
11-05-2015, 19:08
I just make it a point not to join Pub races and save myself some grief and angst.
League racing is where it's at.

Talus
11-05-2015, 19:11
I just keep an eye on my mirrors and generally I'll stay far inside for the first couple corners. Doing this is slow, but 95% of the time it allows me to escape any first lap accidents. Trying to take anything that approaches a normal racing line in the first lap and especially the first couple corners is like playing Russian Roulette with 5 loaded chambers.

eracerhead
11-05-2015, 19:19
Yesterday I was in a few lobbies with long practice times. I had already set my fast laps and was comfortable with the setup of my car. So I took several easy laps and looked for drivers who were struggling; I offered advice to some, and saw others who just plain needed to be avoided. Taking that time made of easier for me during the race. I could avoid the troublemakers on sight, and most of the others learned enough to drive safer.

Khyber GT
11-05-2015, 19:25
this is what happens when you don't have a rating system similar to iracing. yes iracing still gets it's wreckers but it's probably 50-75% less than the shit house that is pcars online.

that's what you get with console race games. I quit playing Forza online because of that reason. i hate when people think they have won the race after the first corner.

same exact reason i quit playing forza online even horizon 2. yeah there are leagues but the community just doesn't have it together like leagues on iracing, etc.

Neil Bateman
11-05-2015, 19:54
this is what happens when you don't have a rating system similar to iracing. yes iracing still gets it's wreckers but it's probably 50-75% less than the shit house that is pcars online.

Stupid comment, how many racing games have you played that have idiots racing online just out to ruin it for everyone? Easy answer, all of them.

Pcars or any other racing game is not the problem, either spend all your spare cash and some on iracing with its rating system or join a league or a steam group of racers like i have, if you go race in open servers your nearly always going to get wrecked, that has nothing to do with this game.

Khyber GT
11-05-2015, 20:14
Stupid comment, how many racing games have you played that have idiots racing online just out to ruin it for everyone? Easy answer, all of them.

Pcars or any other racing game is not the problem, either spend all your spare cash and some on iracing with its rating system or join a league or a steam group of racers like i have, if you go race in open servers your nearly always going to get wrecked, that has nothing to do with this game.

stupid comment in return

fact: iracing has less of this madness (but still has it but to a MUCH lesser degree) because people get punished, or eventually punished, or banned. pcars, forza, whatever isn't policed to weed out the griefers

Hugh Crummond
11-05-2015, 20:24
stupid comment in return

fact: iracing has less of this madness (but still has it but to a MUCH lesser degree) because people get punished, or eventually punished, or banned. pcars, forza, whatever isn't policed to weed out the griefers

from the very first page

Use this forum to find like minded mature individuals and set up a league with a private password protected session.

(I joined a lobby full of French guys on Friday night ans was amazed how well everyone was driving, very clean, very fair. All new driver's none WMD members.)

The answer to so many ''issues'' Ive read here this evening lay with the user..
take a step back, look at the problem or issue and try to find, or help others find, a solution

The sim has only been live a few days.... give it a chance
Its worked through broken builds... broken cars, tracks, all sorts but, as a ''community'' we have got this far..
Now all the new drivers who were not involved from the start can offer further assistance...
(or just moan and bitch... which helps nobody, least of all the devs)

vicdavery
11-05-2015, 20:34
On PC I have to say my experience has been remarkably good. I've found many drivers who are keen to enjoy the race and have behaved very fairly.

There's always one or two of course, but so far I would say they are in the minority.

cossie29
12-05-2015, 00:02
This may sound stupid, but hiw would i join a league etc as sick of olaying with idiots.

Khyber GT
12-05-2015, 00:48
This may sound stupid, but hiw would i join a league etc as sick of olaying with idiots.

check mp forums here, isr forums, etc.

TSVR
12-05-2015, 01:14
What kills me off is the people who wont allow you to overtake. If someone is quicker than me I allow them to pass. I drift from the line and give them space.

Most people wont allow this, so your up their back until they crash (very tactful in forcing the error) or you end up hitting them if they brake sooner than you. Or the age old spin out, then you hit them, end up 8th lol.

I was battling 1 guy on Monza, wouldn't allow the overtake but he span out after exiting Ascari so I won. Then in the same lobby on the Le Mans track, I got shunted off at turn 2 and made it to 2nd by lap 3/5. 1st was the same guy and again not allowing a pass on either straight so I tailed him, waiting but he never crashed, I refused to risk him spinning me out by pushing so after the 1st 2 chicanes, on the bend/sharp corner after them, I nudged him out onto the gravel, took 1st and won. He came 2nd.

He sent me a bunch of abuse and I asked him why didn't you let me past? You could see I was faster than you every lap. He sent more abuse and called me a newb, stating that he was driving defensively and I reminded him that ramming me, forcing me toward a barrier lol, is dirty/aggressive driving. I race clean, unless I'm put to the point where I have to do something. I've been in lobbies filled with crashers that throw themselves into the 1st bend, cause carnage and rage quit shortly after because their damaged steering is too awkward. Then you get the guy like I mentioned above, the ones that look to mess you up, because they can.

Eric Rowland
12-05-2015, 01:47
For sure do not join a session that has GT3's with karts or open wheelers. :beguiled:

TenthDan
12-05-2015, 01:56
From what I've observed of all racing game releases, I honestly think the early online racing days for Project CARS seems to be going better than anything I've seen before! Hopefully the WMD Portal platform produced a bunch of great online racers that are leading by example in decent online racing :)

Thankfully there's also passworded lobbies and all that jazz so people can organise their own racing groups and leagues.

JeyD02
12-05-2015, 02:02
Online isn't ruined. There should be plenty of competent people who drives decent. Just look for good minded pilots out there. It's not the games fault.

Hyflex
12-05-2015, 02:31
There is one big problem with online at the moment and that's laggers... those who are lagging should be automatically ghosted for safety and possibly add a little warning to the user so they know they're lagging

Just look at this video, my point of view clearly shows he smashed me HARD into the wall and damaged my car a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpAcFhRKrVk

This user (below) complained and called me a crasher, his view on it was which does look like I hit him but only a little bump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRsUCnncWDw

Talus
13-05-2015, 13:49

Except that it wasn't a stupid comment. While you're correct in saying this kind of thing plagues all racing games the simply fact is that iRacings safety rating system drastically reduces the idiocy even in the rookie leagues and it gives you a heads up on which drivers you may want to avoid. Implementing a system like this in all serious online racing games would go a long way improve the average players overall experience. So yeah for the time being we can either opt to spend a ridiculous amount of money on iRacing, or join a private league but I don't see how either option is a better solution than simply adding thing's like driver and safety ratings.

hkraft300
14-05-2015, 04:43
Except that it wasn't a stupid comment. While you're correct in saying this kind of thing plagues all racing games the simply fact is that iRacings safety rating system drastically reduces the idiocy even in the rookie leagues and it gives you a heads up on which drivers you may want to avoid. Implementing a system like this in all serious online racing games would go a long way improve the average players overall experience. So yeah for the time being we can either opt to spend a ridiculous amount of money on iRacing, or join a private league but I don't see how either option is a better solution than simply adding thing's like driver and safety ratings.

Then go play iRacing. Not complicated.

If I don't find good races in a lobby, I'll look for another.

Until the leagues get up and running, anyway.

PC49NZ
14-05-2015, 05:32
Nice to read good sensible and intelligent comments, which make's a huge difference from some of the rubbish idiots write.

I am too scared to go online racing yet until I make some huge improvements to my driving, and I've been practising for a number of months on another well known Sim as well as this beauty. Hopefully one day soon I will race against you good guys but in the meantime I know I have ample work to do, to get to your standard but that's my aim.

Good luck guys, I look forward to meeting you all.

PC49NZ

MaXKiLLz
14-05-2015, 13:30
In all my years playing racing games online, public matches have always been a wreckfest. You must join a league with mature and skilled drivers if you want clean racing. The only place you'll find clean public matches is iRacing. The main reason is an automated penalty system which deducts points from your license and locks you out of higher tier races. Many people don't know what proper racing etiquette is. They drive like kids, because many actually are, playing a Need for Speed game. Many are using gamepads and aren't very good drivers with their thumbs. In any case, if you feel you yourself can drive clean lines, know how to pass and be passed, then find a league or create one yourself. Any time I see a good driver, I send them a friend request. My list is long enough now for us to enjoy private races, with good drivers, in the evenings.

Pablo2008jedi
14-05-2015, 13:34

This isn't soley down to consoles, I've experienced many "crash kiddies" on PC games.

MaXyM
14-05-2015, 13:48
What kills me off is the people who wont allow you to overtake. If someone is quicker than me I allow them to pass. I drift from the line and give them space.

You intentions are good but you do it wrong way.
First of all racing is about competing using some offensive as well as defensive techniques. It's not about hotlaping. Even if some is 1sec faster than another, doesn't mean he can win. So, until some defends respecting racing rules, everything is OK. THAT's the racing. Fighting for position.
Second thing is a way how you let him pass you. basically you shouldn't change your line. You said you 'drift from the line'. IMO you should stay on your line letting attacker to chose best line for him. If you realy want to be passed by him, just lift the throttle for a while being on a straight or chose worse line in turn. But it require some experience from both of drivers to avoid misunderstanding and collisions.

Skullblits69
14-05-2015, 14:00
OP if you want a fair race my PSN is my user name. Granted it would be 1vs1, but it will be Fair.

Mahjik
14-05-2015, 14:13
I've had some really good races online, and I have had some really bad ones as well. To be truthful, with the little bit of iRacing I did, it was mostly the same but just slightly better given the rating system. ;) I definitely had my rear bumper used for someone else's brake pedal in iRacing more than a few times.

That said, there will always be crash kids out there but I do believe things will calm down once the initial rush is over and people begin to understand how to drive the cars. GTR2 wasn't really much different when it was introduced.

JimmyClark
14-05-2015, 14:15
NEXT UPDATE ! It's time to give the host the ability to "Boot and Ban," for those racers who love to wreak HAVOC during a race ! I have no problem pulling off the track to boot someone who wrecks and turns around backwards. It will get better once another group of titles release,, and a lot of those gamers will move on! But the vote system is a joke, I will even pay to host on a private server; as we do in Battlefield 4. Some civility from SMD please.

MaXKiLLz
14-05-2015, 14:35
Without giving the host the ability to kick, instead of that silly vote system, we are at the mercy of the wreckers.

Lawndarts
14-05-2015, 15:07
Things happen much faster in racing games than they do in real life, I belive this is due to the FOV, and compounded by limited situational awareness. Even people who try to be carful and competitive have there moments.

In real racing, you also know your competitors to some degree so they have an idea of how they drive, their posture, and what areas of the track they are best and worst at.

I don't think we'll ever have clean pick-up races in games. Joining a legue is a major game changer, the better organized the more fun.
Even iracings earliest racers are a bang up fest despite the harsh penalties. But the Mach making scale helps to group common rated drivers together.

Not an easy problem to solve until devs invest in systems like itacing, but even then you need dedication to get paired up with the cleaner drivers and that takes time.

JeyD02
14-05-2015, 15:07
Lol, you definitely don't want the host to be a dictator. Seen so much host kicking and banning good player because they can't simply beat them or because immaturity. There still a gray line. So it's best knowing and start socializing with people who you know drive decent.

rolandk10
14-05-2015, 15:17
In all my years playing racing games online, public matches have always been a wreckfest. You must join a league with mature and skilled drivers if you want clean racing. The only place you'll find clean public matches is iRacing. The main reason is an automated penalty system which deducts points from your license and locks you out of higher tier races. Many people don't know what proper racing etiquette is. They drive like kids, because many actually are, playing a Need for Speed game. Many are using gamepads and aren't very good drivers with their thumbs. In any case, if you feel you yourself can drive clean lines, know how to pass and be passed, then find a league or create one yourself. Any time I see a good driver, I send them a friend request. My list is long enough now for us to enjoy private races, with good drivers, in the evenings.

Hi Max. Which monitor us that on the left if your wheel? I've been looking for a small screen for z1 dash. Look about perfect.

On topic, all I can say is different people do things differently. I try to put it in at least 100 laps of practice before I race on a new track on iracing. Even if its a track I know, I'll put in at least a practice session or two first. Other people load the game and go straight online.

The biggest problem really is that between the two driving styles, being clean racers vs wreckers, only one if those two can impose their style on everyone else.

MikeyTT
14-05-2015, 15:25
Without giving the host the ability to kick, instead of that silly vote system, we are at the mercy of the wreckers.

Lol, you definitely don't want the host to be a dictator. Seen so much host kicking and banning good player because they can't simply beat them or because immaturity. There still a gray line. So it's best knowing and start socializing with people who you know drive decent.

Having been a BF3 and BF4 fan, and seeing how most sessions were on rented servers, that would be a complete disaster if it were implemented for public races here. I believe you'll get the ability to kick and ban if you host your own server, but hopefully there will still be enough public racing going on that we don't see dictator hosts.

It is a fine line (or grey line as you say), but you will start to get used to the names that are out just to cause trouble. Everyone at some point or other has an off day, or gets sucked into braking too late. It would be a shame to overreact based on the first week of pCars online experiences.

cloakdeath
14-05-2015, 16:05

Most people wont allow this, so your up their back until they crash (very tactful in forcing the error) or you end up hitting them if they brake sooner than you. Or the age old spin out, then you hit them, end up 8th lol.

I was battling 1 guy on Monza, wouldn't allow the overtake but he span out after exiting Ascari so I won. Then in the same lobby on the Le Mans track, I got shunted off at turn 2 and made it to 2nd by lap 3/5. 1st was the same guy and again not allowing a pass on either straight so I tailed him, waiting but he never crashed, I refused to risk him spinning me out by pushing so after the 1st 2 chicanes, on the bend/sharp corner after them, I nudged him out onto the gravel, took 1st and won. He came 2nd.

He sent me a bunch of abuse and I asked him why didn't you let me past? You could see I was faster than you every lap. He sent more abuse and called me a newb, stating that he was driving defensively and I reminded him that ramming me, forcing me toward a barrier lol, is dirty/aggressive driving. I race clean, unless I'm put to the point where I have to do something. I've been in lobbies filled with crashers that throw themselves into the 1st bend, cause carnage and rage quit shortly after because their damaged steering is too awkward. Then you get the guy like I mentioned above, the ones that look to mess you up, because they can.

If you're first and on the racing line, you can go as slow as you like. If the person behind can't figure out how to overtake, it's their problem. That's racing.

KK78
14-05-2015, 16:13
In my experience all driving games have the idiots online, whether on console or PC, give it a little time and they will thin out. I'm not sure what actual penalties Project Cars dishes out as I'm not one of those idiots but it seems they are pretty lean as often I've seen the usual tools driving the wrong way, openly blocking the track and yet they will still be in the race at the end?!? I tend to hang back a bit and see what kind of racers I'm up against then I'll pick the idiots off with any luck, often by faking a pass so they swerve and you go the other way- it can work at times. I should say I've had plenty of good racers though, people who move over if they just went off or came out of the pits and others who keep it clean when we are in battle :D

Vilonosec
14-05-2015, 16:21
Completely agree. Most important thing in online racing is security rating or some sort of penalty for unsporty behavior.
After 3 day struggling to play online i turned Pcars off and will be waiting for some resolution to this.
Game is a fail for me right now.

cloakdeath
14-05-2015, 17:27
The cleanest races have had so far have been the vintage f1 races. Preferably with all assists off.