PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars is awesome with simvibe!

Nightauditor
11-05-2015, 18:29
Hey guys, a quick congratulations to the whole team for making it to the release version!

I love it so far, especially the engine sounds are really, really great in some cars, which helps immersion a lot. The visuals are stunning and the physics feel even better than I remembered from the last beta I tested.

I tried it yesterday with my simvibe setup (google it, itīs quite cool!) and I have to say it works great! I can feel every bump in the road and it adds to the experience tremendously.

I also have an oculus dk2 sitting right here and I heard that direct mode support is being worked on. That truly would be icing on the cake, I really hope that you guys can make that a reality. It would be awesome to have project cars making the best of this technology.

Also, if I may ask, are there plans for htc vive support in the future? Itīs probably a little too soon to say, but I am really curious in all things VR at this point, so I thought Iīd ask :D

Again, congrats on the game, looking forward to tons of fun in the future.

Mahjik
11-05-2015, 18:41
I also have an oculus dk2 sitting right here and I heard that direct mode support is being worked on. That truly would be icing on the cake, I really hope that you guys can make that a reality. It would be awesome to have project cars making the best of this technology.

Also, if I may ask, are there plans for htc vive support in the future? Itīs probably a little too soon to say, but I am really curious in all things VR at this point, so I thought Iīd ask :D

No word on support for Vive, but the DK2 work is still so early that anything else in this space likely won't be considered until that is feature complete.

Also, I'm a SimVibe user myself and really enjoy the entire experience with pCARS as well!

Nightauditor
11-05-2015, 18:48
Hey Kyle, thanks for the feedback!

townnet
11-05-2015, 18:59
Hi guys, any plan to add front suspension bump and rear suspension bump effect? Now with the "road bump" effect is kinda weird, when front tire hit the curbs, my front and rear transducer vibrate at the same time. It would be nice if the bump effect can separate to front and rear.

Nightauditor
11-05-2015, 20:03
Hi townnet, I just test drove a bit after you mentioned that, but at least on my end I can get the front and rear axle to react independantly. When just my front left tire hit the curb, I only felt it there. There is a little chance that itīs placebo, but it feels great here.

MorciXL
11-05-2015, 20:22
Playing with Simvibe (Sim Commander 4) too, with a Buttkicker Gamer 2, and Project Cars works really well adding lot of inmersion.

townnet
12-05-2015, 18:17
Have you put your hand on the rear transducer when the front tire hit the curb? I did that , in game when the car front tire hit the curb, my leg can feel the front bump and my hand can feel the rear bump at the same time.

Dirtdiggler78
14-05-2015, 22:13
I Can cry like a Little Girl!no simvibe working!
Memory Share =yes.....and now?

rolandk10
14-05-2015, 22:19
I use the Gamer 2 also. I had to go in to the output mixer and turn on the "Road Surface" option. It was off by default on mine. After that the immersion spiked. It also helped that I removed the mount point that came with my rig from the bottom of the frame to directly attached to the underside of the seat. Before that I could hardly feel it. Now I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to attach more!

nhitrac
14-05-2015, 22:26
For you buttkicker users, have they been able to make these work with headphones yet? Last time I heard a long while ago is that it doesn't because the PC can't do two audio outputs at the same time.

Mahjik
14-05-2015, 23:20
For you buttkicker users, have they been able to make these work with headphones yet? Last time I heard a long while ago is that it doesn't because the PC can't do two audio outputs at the same time.

Eh? I'm not sure what you mean. You have two options with the Buttkicker:

1. Use a single sound card and split the output between the Buttkicker and your headphones
2. Use SimVibe with Buttkicker which requires a dedicated sound card for SimVibe and a different sound card for your headphones