PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't the number of Ai Cars in Career Races be changed ????

X Gabe 62 X
11-05-2015, 18:31
This is vital on my PC as any more than 6 or 7 cars and my FPS drops a lot.

Is there any way of limiting the number of cars that at least "appear" on screen ????

Thnx

Killzone729
11-05-2015, 18:37
This is vital on my PC as any more than 6 or 7 cars and my FPS drops a lot.

Is there any way of limiting the number of cars that at least "appear" on screen ????

Thnx

I would say it is obvious that each series in career is based off a real life one so that is self explanatory. After reading your post though I definitely see why limiting on screen cars is necessary. I have not seen such an option but hopefully it can be patched in!

X Gabe 62 X
12-05-2015, 11:03
Yes I can understand the desire to have pure / real life scenarios, but in GTR for example, you could set number of Ai racers and number "shown" on screen, seperately.

For me, at the moment, I can't play Career, so am reliant on Online stuff - which is far from adequate !!!

Mad Al
12-05-2015, 11:58
Yes I can understand the desire to have pure / real life scenarios, but in GTR for example, you could set number of Ai racers and number "shown" on screen, seperately.

For me, at the moment, I can't play Career, so am reliant on Online stuff - which is far from adequate !!!

What are your PC specs ?

X Gabe 62 X
12-05-2015, 12:32
What are your PC specs ?

I'm running an old Q6600 and GTX 460 for the next 3 months.

I'm running a variety of Low and Medium settings and get 60fps min on daylight dry track and up to 6 or 7 cars.

But doing the math, I can't see being able to up it much if there are 30 or 40 cars on track, even with an i7 and 970.

Allowing us to limit car numbers, would allow us to max out settings and not have to change them every time you go into career mode !

Bad weather is already a killer, for any pc.... what's it like in the rain with 30 cars on the track ? I hate to think.

My pc would be in single digits even at low settings.

Mad Al
12-05-2015, 12:59
Q6600 is under the min spec.. (unless you have clocked the crap out of it)

The main issue is it will struggle with just the player physics, so trying to add a load of other stuff (like some AI cars) it will struggle even more. The AI cars don't have anywhere near the same overhead as adding another player would (they do indeed use a simplified physics system for this very reason)

Dumb as it sounds, it might be worth trying to limit the frame rate to 40 (or even 30) or so to try and give the CPU an easier time

go into steam, find project cars in the list in your library, right click and select properties and in the properties, set the launch options to

-fpscap 40

also worth having -skipcrowds too as that turns off all the crowds (is a little odd as you get to hear a non existent crowd cheering)

so add

-fpscap 40 -skipcrowds

(I previously ran a stock clocked 6600 and changed it to a 9550 as it was starting to struggle.. I ran 55 cars at Le Mans without grinding to a complete standstill on a 9550.. everything on low in performance settings (GTX650Ti at the time))

Hellbringer
12-05-2015, 13:13
But doing the math, I can't see being able to up it much if there are 30 or 40 cars on track, even with an i7 and 970.

i5 & 970 can handle 30 cars on track on high settings.

MisterO
12-05-2015, 15:39
Definetly - even in the rain.

X Gabe 62 X
12-05-2015, 19:03
Well my Q6600 is running at 3.4GHz, so just sneaks into minimums. I have good performance at 720p until 20 cars or rain is added. Then it drops to 30, which I hate.

Gonna leave Career until I get my new pc... which will be soon as I am also waiting to play Dirt Rally, the new F1 2015 (when it comes out) and GTA V at high settings.

So many games are "on ice", I'm freezing.