PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life trophy...

BigDipper
11-05-2015, 19:18
Hey guys

Me and some friends want to try to get this trophy on the weekend.
Problem is we dont know how to set it up.
If i go to the create option i can select LeMans but i cant set a 24h timer.
Do i have to drive the full 24h or can i swap for a certain amount of laps too a AI driver?

Patrick Kulinski
11-05-2015, 19:44
This only is possible in the career ATM. What should be possible is starting a new career in the LMP1 class and going through the season quickly until you have the Le Mans 24h race ahead. Unfortuately I don't know about other classes, sorry.

A proper time-steered race setting (including 24h) when creating a race is supposed to be delivered.

BigDipper
11-05-2015, 19:58
Hi Patrick

Thanks for your quick reply.
I realy hope that you could add a 24h race to the create menu asap :)
I would be great fun to try that with friends.

In career mode can you take a timed break or maybe let the ai drive a set amount of laps?
Or do you need a bucket next to my seat? ;)

Patrick Kulinski
11-05-2015, 20:39
LOL... "Mom, bathroom, BATHROOM!"

It is possible to let the AI take over during the race. And I agree with you on the friends experience as I have such plans as well for forming a team of four with my buddies :)

RossSnake
11-05-2015, 21:10
Ah that's something I didn't want to read :(

We were planning on doing a multiplayer event with teams of 2 (for toilet / food / beer breaks) and raising money for a close friend of ours that isn't in a great way.

I guess we can still do it but won't gain the trophy (250 laps). Will it definitely be available at a later date not via the career?

BigDipper
11-05-2015, 21:53
What don't you like? That the AI can take over?
I hope that they make it so that the AI can only drive like 5 rounds every hour or something like that.

My racing buddy's live across the country/globe so I couldn't do something like you're planning (great idea btw).

Patrick Kulinski
11-05-2015, 22:21
There's a charity event scheduled for around the 24h race at Le Mans, so I believe this feature will be available by then. But take this with a grain of salt, I'm no SMS employee and I also don't set the development schedules.

GenBrien
11-05-2015, 22:39
is it possible to take control back once the Ai has it?
IIRC there was a bug about that a while ago

BigDipper
11-05-2015, 23:00
Request pitstop that should do the trick

RossSnake
12-05-2015, 13:16
What don't you like? That the AI can take over?

Nope just don't like the bit where it HAS to be career... I want a 16 multiplayer lobby for the event.

BigDipper
12-05-2015, 13:23
Nope just don't like the bit where it HAS to be career... I want a 16 multiplayer lobby for the event.

;) then we're on the same page.
Hope they will add it soon.

Pablo2008jedi
12-05-2015, 13:26
Time to order these http://www.allaboutincontinence.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/251x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/a/base_0011_slip_ultima_1_1.jpg

mrjayface
13-05-2015, 11:22
Struggling to find this 25 he event in career mode :-(

Blackvault
13-05-2015, 11:24
Struggling to find this 25 he event in career mode :-(

Sorry do you mean the 24 hours of Le Mans?

It is an invitational race and are offered it during your career.

Pete

DarC
13-05-2015, 11:59
This trophy should be a platinum all on it own.. its not even gold!!!

NJDubbin
13-05-2015, 23:48
LOL... "Mom, bathroom, BATHROOM!"

It is possible to let the AI take over during the race. And I agree with you on the friends experience as I have such plans as well for forming a team of four with my buddies :)

O.K. So, having the AI take over for you doesn't cancel your achievement? How long can the AI take over for? Do I have to finish the race or can the AI finish? I don't want to accidenlty pass out from being tired/drunk and miss out on the achievement.

millsy__
14-05-2015, 03:41
I was curious about this achievement, it does indeed seem that some adult diapers might be needed to go the full distance... Good luck to everyone who is attempting to get this trophy. :encouragement: :tears_of_joy:

DarC
15-05-2015, 10:51
Can this be done in any game mode?

BigDipper
15-05-2015, 21:14
No not yet.
Only in Career and you have to get a invite if i'm correct

KK78
21-05-2015, 12:59
On PS4, does anyone know you can pause and put the PS4 into suspend mode and come back to it?

What I do know is the following;

1) make sure your ps4 is not set to turn off automatically if not used for a certain period
2) make sure controller is set to never turn off & keep it plugged into usb to keep charging.
The game will pause if controller turns off, so there is no time advancement.
3) make sure the in-game settings of damage, tire wear & fuel useage is turned off before attempting unless you want to do it like real life.

You can just run a lap or two, pull near the finish, but not past it, pull over & just sit there till the 24 hour event timer expires. Since it just needs to be completed & not won, just drive past the finish & trophy should pop unless your PS4 melts in the process.

QPRLad
28-05-2015, 10:42
On PS4, does anyone know you can pause and put the PS4 into suspend mode and come back to it?

What I do know is the following;

1) make sure your ps4 is not set to turn off automatically if not used for a certain period
2) make sure controller is set to never turn off & keep it plugged into usb to keep charging.
The game will pause if controller turns off, so there is no time advancement.
3) make sure the in-game settings of damage, tire wear & fuel useage is turned off before attempting unless you want to do it like real life.

You can just run a lap or two, pull near the finish, but not past it, pull over & just sit there till the 24 hour event timer expires. Since it just needs to be completed & not won, just drive past the finish & trophy should pop unless your PS4 melts in the process.

Have you done this and does it work? I mean I'm all for getting trophies but I would kind of like to do the race, have the AI drive over night and also be able to pause it to take a leak. It seems strange that if you pause the race it cancels the trophy.
Perhaps someone from WMD or SMS can respond with a few hints as to what to do and what not to do.
I'm quite keen to do it but unfortunately i wouldn't trust my friends on PCars, they can barely shoot a camper in Call of Duty let alone take on the Porsche Curves at 3am.

KK78
28-05-2015, 10:56
Have you done this and does it work? I mean I'm all for getting trophies but I would kind of like to do the race, have the AI drive over night and also be able to pause it to take a leak. It seems strange that if you pause the race it cancels the trophy.
Perhaps someone from WMD or SMS can respond with a few hints as to what to do and what not to do.
I'm quite keen to do it but unfortunately i wouldn't trust my friends on PCars, they can barely shoot a camper in Call of Duty let alone take on the Porsche Curves at 3am.

A mate of mine did it the way I described, he got very fatigued trying to do the whole race, even doing it in 6 hour chunks would take a few days so he simply ditched the cars and followed the instructions above. Not sure about pausing it all I know is if it is paused the time won't advance so I doubt it would invalidate the trophy, but I didn't ask that and I still don't know if you can suspend/resume it- would be good to know.

BigDipper
28-05-2015, 23:37
I hope it doesn't work that way.
If I do get a achievement for something crazy like a 24h race then I want too earn it and not cheat it.
It's about time they put it in though.

KK78
29-05-2015, 17:00
I hope it doesn't work that way.
If I do get a achievement for something crazy like a 24h race then I want too earn it and not cheat it.
It's about time they put it in though.

It does work mate and all I can say is I personally don't have the time to race for 24hrs straight and don't want to run the risk of the PS4 melting in trying to do so. I totally get your view but a workaround is useful for those who can't feasibly do it in one go.

BigDipper
29-05-2015, 23:54
It does work mate and all I can say is I personally don't have the time to race for 24hrs straight and don't want to run the risk of the PS4 melting in trying to do so. I totally get your view but a workaround is useful for those who can't feasibly do it in one go.

Pauze the game is not a problem but cheesing it is.
When did they add the option btw?
Haven't got a update .

AndrePeniche
03-06-2015, 22:23
Can it be done only by AI?
You start the race, and as soon as it lets you hand over to AI you simply let it finish the race all the way?

KK78
04-06-2015, 09:41
Pauze the game is not a problem but cheesing it is.
When did they add the option btw?
Haven't got a update .

I don't fancy pausing the game and having the PS4 on for a couple of days mate, I had to quit the Endurance ~Championship after having 4 2-3 hour races crash and I'd probably go postal if the Le Mans race spazzed out after 8 hours!

Can it be done only by AI?
You start the race, and as soon as it lets you hand over to AI you simply let it finish the race all the way?

As I understand it yes you can, although I'd plan to take back control towards the end and just finish it off.

BigDipper
04-06-2015, 23:32
I mean Pauze for 10 min to take a leak.
And letting the AI drive is BS hope that they restrict that.
10 min of ai every hour max would do it for me.

likewise
11-06-2015, 16:57
This is one "dumb ass trophy" in this day and age of "save the planet" these guys make you keep your PS4/PC/Xbox on for 24 hours gulping electricity... for a stupid trophy... idiots!

Kidney
23-06-2015, 14:58
Started the 24h Le Mans Race yesterday, drove for 2h and then before i went to bed i swapped to the AI Driver . Went to work early this morning, but before i started transmitting the race via Twitch so i can follow up at work������. Got home at 13h00, and requested a pit-stop so i could take over the wheel again. Got nearly 14h race time, when i got control of the car and was almost at the end of the box, the car it something invisible , got up in the air, and i was disqualifief. BIG BUG.
Please fix this!!
I didn't recorded it, but there's a similiar video In YouTube. Link below :

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=JDV3A3pKQsI

Dont know if you're already aware of this, In either case please fix it. I was so pumped to do the race and win the trophy.
Cheers