PDA

View Full Version : PIT ENGINEER NOT WORKING

batman21685
11-05-2015, 19:52
My pit engineer used to give me advice during career mode at least once per lap. Haven't heard a peep out of him for 7 races now. Have checked settings and is definitely turned on with volume up so not sure if its a bug or not

Disposable_Hero
11-05-2015, 20:55
Its intentional that he is more chatty during your first career race and gets quieter as you gain experience.
7 races sounds very long though? How far are you in career and did you hear him for mandatory pit stops?

batman21685
11-05-2015, 22:03
almost done first season now. spoke in the first kart race in dubai but not at all now working fine online though

Partenopeo82
11-05-2015, 23:36
even my not work anymore

Bodster
12-05-2015, 10:12
I have not heard anything from him for hours, i get the text at the bottom of the screen but no voice through the controller speaker.

DarC
12-05-2015, 10:28
I find he does NOT talk during invitational events.

Mascot
12-05-2015, 11:05
Its intentional that he is more chatty during your first career race and gets quieter as you gain experience.
7 races sounds very long though? How far are you in career and did you hear him for mandatory pit stops?

That's a shame - I like having him around!

St4r8ucK
12-05-2015, 15:38
Same issue here

Disposable_Hero
12-05-2015, 16:51
Are you guys all on karts? Are you always in the lead or having close battles with the AI?
I could imagine it gets very quiet if you are a) experienced/progressed b) always lead from start to finish and c) there are no mandatory pit stops in the series you drive

batman21685
13-05-2015, 16:58
Hi, no using bmw m1 at moment and the one that looks like an ac cobra i forget the name and i hear nothing from him. Also on a separate note the wet weather seems to have no effect on the AI. Kind of makes it impossible to win if it rains. Don't get me wrong though i love the game and if most of these issues are eventually sorted will easily be the best racing sim I've played

Disposable_Hero
13-05-2015, 18:04
AI being too fast in the rain is a known issue that is being worked on.
As to why you don't hear your pit engineer anymore beats me.
Did you check your game settings, maybe the setting was turned off by accident?

Krazee DD
13-05-2015, 18:32
I am poping in to report the same issue.

He was constantly in my ear (awesome) and now I just get text chat from him.....

Corsadave
17-05-2015, 14:00
Hi, this is a issue im having as well.

On Career mode, during all the kart races at start, I only had the Pit Engineer talking to me during the race at Abu Dhabi all the other races not a peep.

I've started doing the first invitation race series 'Road Entry Club UK Cup' with the Caterham 7even and still no word from Pit Engineer but I do have the black dialogue box at the bottom indicating he is saying something. Also during these races the HUD has disappeared ? I've done 3 of the 4 races so far and it has only appeared once during a race but for all the rest Practise, Qualifying and race it has disappeared. I've switch back to the karts in-between this series to do the 'Kart Club Trophy' and the HUD has appeared fine. I've checked all the settings I can and everything is turned on, thing this is a glitch/bug within the game ?

LordDRIFT
17-05-2015, 14:33
I've seen text in the game that I can ask the engineer to trouble shoot car setup. How is this achieved? ???

Corsadave
17-05-2015, 15:08
Seen the same thing today about asking engineer but cant find it anywhere ?????

Pirategenius
17-05-2015, 15:14
Also depends on what car your driving. As some cars don't have pit to car radio