PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Pit Stop

Ecfc
11-05-2015, 20:27
In the solo mode 'quick race' option where you can create a race on single player I.e. No of laps track car etc

Can you set up the option of a mandatory pit stop during a race, this would add another element to single player races if you knew you would have to factor in a stop during the race.

WadeOhh
12-05-2015, 05:47
I was also curious about this. Is there a way to force it currently? I'm guessing not, but might be a nice feature for the future.

dvc
12-05-2015, 05:51
I was also curious about this. Is there a way to force it currently? I'm guessing not, but might be a nice feature for the future.

Yes there is. Max fuel usage/max tire wear :)

Tourgott
12-05-2015, 06:41
Yes there is. Max fuel usage/max tire wear :)

How does this work? I'm currently trying to recreate the most realistic Formula One rules without refueling and the usage of option/prime tires. But I guess it does not work.

Siberian Tiger
12-05-2015, 06:49
At the Moment there is no Options to force a Pitstop in QuickRaceWeekend.

But it was a wish from the WMD Members, so if will follow sooner or later.

But Formula 1 is a bit a pain. -> Licensing for F1 is at Codemasters.

So AFAIK we can't exactly Simulate an F1 Weekend without going to has licensing issues....

SK8RBOI
12-05-2015, 07:08
How is forceing a mandatory pit stop and a compound change with no fuel allowed braking any licensing agreements or lack of?

Siberian Tiger
12-05-2015, 07:11
Well licensing things can be really "Crazy" ^^

We the WMD Members had more then enough "WTF" moments when the Dev's had explained what they can't do because licensing Problems...

I don't say it has to be so, but it could ;)

Tourgott
12-05-2015, 08:54
I don't say it has to be so, but it could ;)

Thanks for your reply. :)
Could you please ask if it's possible to have more realistic F1 rules? For the beginning all we need is a mandatory compound change (option/prime tires one time per race) and not allowing refueling. I don't think this is too close to real F1 because it's just a setting :)
Thanks.

Pablo2008jedi
12-05-2015, 08:57
Thanks for your reply. :)
Could you please ask if it's possible to have more realistic F1 rules? For the beginning all we need is a mandatory compound change (option/prime tires one time per race) and not allowing refueling. I don't think this is too close to real F1 because it's just a setting :)
Thanks.

This isn't formula 1 tho, its formula A :D I understand the license restrictions But I actually hate the F1 rule of changing to different compounds, it's a rule that's not needed anymore are tyres ware out significantly faster than the old Bridgestone tyres.

Tourgott
12-05-2015, 09:11
It would be just an option in the game. For us who see Formula A as the perfect Formula 1 simulation it would be great. We wouldn't have to buy the crap Codemasters F1 game.

CreamyDischarge
23-11-2015, 16:44
Any news on this, or is adding pits stops to a racing simulator still being blamed on F1 licensing :-/
I'd like to have a solo race weekend, 5-7 or 10 laps with a pit stop forced, I don't see Bernie or F1 really suing the WMD fir adding mandatory pit stops into an offline solo weekend option of a non formula 1 racing simulator.

jmoeller
30-01-2016, 16:26
When creating online races, the Mandatory Pit Stop is at the bottom, but I cannot select it. Its locked??

crowtrobot
30-01-2016, 16:41
When creating online races, the Mandatory Pit Stop is at the bottom, but I cannot select it. Its locked??
You need a certain number of laps before it will enable.