PDA

View Full Version : Fast pit stops?

UKzBRADLEY
11-05-2015, 21:23
Anybody know how to get faster pit stops? Seem to take ages

Timmynator
11-05-2015, 21:27
Change your pit strategy, e.g. less fuel or no damage repair.

ProRacerMike
12-05-2015, 19:35
I don't think you can change the fuel amount. I can't on my default setup.

NegSpec13
13-05-2015, 10:17
I think you can change it in your tuning setup afaik.

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 10:26
Yes, in the setup menu (in the garage even before you start a session) you can set both the Race Fuel load and the Qualifying Fuel load separately.

hkraft300
13-05-2015, 17:34
Pit garage menu has a pit stop strategy link.

If you're quick, you can edit the pit stop parameters when you enter the pits too.

jesse buckingham
06-08-2018, 16:53
In pit lane prior to the stop I was 3 car lengths behind P1 at Redbull and when I had finished my pitstop I was about 10 car lengths. What pitstop settings might P1 have had in order to achieve such a quick pitstop?. I had No damage repair and No fuel and No tyre change but the pit crew seem to still take 5+ secs.

Twinz
07-08-2018, 01:52
Getting up to pit entry as fast as possible without actually crossing the pit entry line above the speed limit Is one way to save a little time. Dive-bombing pit entry is sort of a high-risk, low-reward proposition though.

On a related note; where should I look to see if the auto speed limiter featureiss active on a race I am about to run?.

I made the mistake of thinking it was on one time, came in under speed, accelerated to what I thought would be the auto-limiter and got penalized the second I broke the limit. (37mph I think?)

middlemanSI
07-08-2018, 04:33
AFAIK the quickest pit can be achieved with a custom pit strategy with only 1l of fuel.
Manual pit is the way to sim.

Atak Kat
07-08-2018, 05:15
Setting 1l fuel refill is faster than no fuel by about 3 seconds. No idea why. But that is the main trick.

freeon
07-08-2018, 15:12
Setting 1l fuel refill is faster than no fuel by about 3 seconds. No idea why. But that is the main trick.

Wow. Thanks for this info. I always set it to no fuel.

Schnizz58
07-08-2018, 17:10
Getting up to pit entry as fast as possible without actually crossing the pit entry line above the speed limit Is one way to save a little time. Dive-bombing pit entry is sort of a high-risk, low-reward proposition though.

On a related note; where should I look to see if the auto speed limiter featureiss active on a race I am about to run?.

I made the mistake of thinking it was on one time, came in under speed, accelerated to what I thought would be the auto-limiter and got penalized the second I broke the limit. (37mph I think?)

When the pit limiter is active there is a message to that effect on the screen.

Twinz
07-08-2018, 19:16
When the pit limiter is active there is a message to that effect on the screen.

When I got my penalty, I thought what was on the screen (speedometer and the number 37) was the same as when the limiter stopped my acceleration at the desired number....only this time it let me accelerate right past the limit.

Schnizz58
07-08-2018, 19:18
When I got my penalty, I thought what was on the screen (speedometer and the number 37) was the same as when the limiter stopped my acceleration at the desired number....only this time it let me accelerate right past the limit.

If the pit limiter isn't on, there is a message that says something like "Do not exceed pit speed limit." But if you turn the limiter on, it changes to "Pit Speed Limiter Enabled" (or some such).