PDA

View Full Version : German Voice Language for German Players

xxoxxGURUxxoxx
11-05-2015, 21:31
Hey

Why for German Players all Voices in english??

Please delete supptitle and give us a German speaker Thx.

Mario

Disposable_Hero
11-05-2015, 22:12
The voice of your pit engineer is that of Ben Collins (former Stig from Top Gear).
It's the same for everybody, hence the subtitles.
Show a little respect for the Stig:)

Invincible
12-05-2015, 06:05
And usually the German voice acting sucks. I don't want a German dub - keep the subs and the original voice of the Stig!

MysterG
12-05-2015, 06:25
Also it costs money to pay for decent voice acting (Not to mention the time it would have taken), and once you do one extra language you have no argument to not do them all, and there was a finite budget for making the game. .

Bealdor
12-05-2015, 06:26
Race engineers normally talk in English too IRL. Immersion, folks! :cool:

Francorchamps
12-05-2015, 07:55
Do not forget that in many EU countries almost everything is dubbed. In many countries almost nobody knows how Arnold Schwarzenegger really sounds I luckily live in a country where there is totally no dubbing and we depend on subtitles. I even hate games with dubs.

When I read this post yesterday I laughed "oh those german" but when I read all the negative comments towards the OP I want to chip in. What if the developer was Japanese and the race engineer gave you orders and advice in Japanese? To many of the EU players that's what the engineer sounds like.

So I would say why not? Its not that TV dubs are high quality, you don't need to look for a german, french, spanish or Italian Ben Collins. Just let some random guys speak the phrases from Ben Collins in a dull way because that is how it's done on TV. Just don't enforce it on the players and let them choose between immersion and a random guy reading from a paper :D

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 08:07
Just thinking about GTA...billion dollar budget...but still in english...

By the way, I never heard another language than english in real life pitradio. Its also kind of ralism.

Francorchamps
12-05-2015, 08:17
Just thinking about GTA...billion dollar budget...but still in english...

By the way, I never heard another language than english in real life pitradio. Its also kind of ralism.

I'm sorry to tell you but Gran Turismo came in many languages. It even came in Dutch and dubs are never used in Dutch speaking countries.

Sometimes you here Italian on F1 pit radio. But hell yeah English is the preferred language if you are choosing realism.

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 08:20
Gran Turismo has Pitradio? Anyway, the fact that other games have it doesnt make ist real.

OppaErich
12-05-2015, 08:20
DTM not covered by Austrian TV ? There's English, German and Swedish. But I like it the way it is, the guy is crystal clear. It just seems we need some kind of pair therapy, he stopped talking to me. ;(

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 08:27
DTM not covered by Austrian TV ? There's English, German and Swedish. But I like it the way it is, the guy is crystal clear. It just seems we need some kind of pair therapy, he stopped talking to me. ;(

Ok, DTM may be a different story as it is in other countrys with local series as well. If the driver and the whole team speaks German... but normaly race related pit radio should be in english because of the fact that everyone should understand what you are talking about (to avoid cheating not at least...)

Francorchamps
12-05-2015, 08:47
Gran Turismo has Pitradio? Anyway, the fact that other games have it doesnt make ist real.

No Gran Turismo has no pit radio but the voices used in tutorial and such are localized.

NinjaWookiee
12-05-2015, 10:09
As a German, I would say just learn english, you'll need it anyway!

Also, I second the arguments for realism. Even if my race engineer was Italian, I would want him to speak English to me (although I would'nt mind the accent ;)!)

GAT_Montana
12-05-2015, 15:00
No Gran Turismo has no pit radio but the voices used in tutorial and such are localized.

ok, not sure if it is worth the money in a racing game. If we would talk about GTA I would agree.