PDA

View Full Version : First post and initial thoughts on PC version.

smithy
11-05-2015, 21:37
Hi guys,
My first post here so please be gentle with me:o I'm in Sydney, Australia.

I only received my copy of Pcars (for PC) late yesterday....installed it and did the "Steam" thing as we all do. My initial impression of the game is "WOW"....absolutely awesome..! The visuals are really excellent and smooth as silk. I also have Assetto Corsa and while it is a very good sim...I think Pcars is just a little better in some respects, especially the graphics and audio. AC has an easier menu/navigation system and I find the menu system in Pcars a little "clunky", just my personal opinion, I'm sure I'll get used to it though. The range of cars and tracks in Pcars is huge.....well done to the game developers:yes: I'm sure there are some bugs as there are with just about every game these days....and I'm sure they're working on them as we speak.

I'll need to tweak my G27 FFB settings but my initial impression is that the default FFB is set too low and feels kinda dead-ish....adjusting it within the game had the desired effect.

I have a reasonably high spec PC and I am running the game with most graphics settings on high or ultra....still getting 80fps+ with multiple cars on screen so I can't complain, with a single car on track I'm getting 120fps+....excellent IMHO. Am hoping to have a triple screen setup soon to get the best the game has to offer.

My Rig:
i7 4790K @4.0ghz (stock)...Cooler Master Seidon 240M liquid cooled.
Asus Z-97 Pro-Gamer v1.0....Samsung 500gb SSD...WD 2TB HDD
32gb G-Skill "Ripjaws" X series ram 1600mhz (4x8gb)
Gigabyte GTX970 4gb "Windforce-3"
1000Watt PSU...Acer 27" monitor
G27 Wheel & pedals

Thanks for putting up with my rambling.

Cheers,
Smithy.

RaceNut
11-05-2015, 22:11
Welcome smithy!

Regarding the menus, I think the more options and settings, the more complex the menus are but, once gotten used to - they work quite well.

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 22:16
I'll need to tweak my G27 FFB settings but my initial impression is that the default FFB is set too low and feels kinda dead-ish....adjusting it within the game had the desired effect.

Basic Start for your Wheel:

Basic for everything:
Upping the FFB in the Main Controller Menu to 100% Standard is around 80% if i'm correct.
Then for the G27 i recommend a Deadzone Removal Value of 0.2

Individual per Car:
An Important Slider in the Vehicle FFB Menu is the Spindle Arm Value... More = Heavy / Less=Light
And if you like Vertical Effects like Kerbs, Bumps etc. you can also try to upping the Fz Values on the Car FFB Screen :)

Happy Racing....

smithy
12-05-2015, 00:59
Thanks for the quick reply guys, muchly appreciated.

@RaceNut, Yep....methinks you're right...I'll get used to the menus eventually..just a matter of getting my brain cell working properly..am getting a bit long in the tooth @ 53..!

@Siberian Tiger, thanks heaps for the FFB setup info, great advice....I've seen some setup guides etc....but I've yet to try them...only had the game for one day and only ~2hours worth of driving.

Really enjoying the look and feel of the game...I don't really understand why there are so many people giving SMS shite for what is one of the best driving/sim games ever made....and I'm saying this after only a couple of hours use. Maybe it's a lot different on the consoles like PS4 Xbone etc...I don't know how people can drive well using a Xbone controller..??

In my humble opinion, Project Cars & Assetto Corsa are both excellent racing/sim games. I've got both games and am having bunches of fun with 'em..:D

Cheers,
Smithy.

Keithb23
12-05-2015, 02:54
Welcome smithy! I would hold off on the triple screens until proper support has been added. It's been stated numerous times in development that it is on the 'to-do' list, but it wouldn't hurt to jump on the "We Need Proper Triple Screen Support" thread and voice your opinion there. As far as I'm concerned, the more people let SMS know that they want this as soon as possible, the higher up the 'list' it will go.

Keep enjoying the game, mate!

smithy
12-05-2015, 03:36
Welcome smithy! I would hold off on the triple screens until proper support has been added. It's been stated numerous times in development that it is on the 'to-do' list, but it wouldn't hurt to jump on the "We Need Proper Triple Screen Support" thread and voice your opinion there. As far as I'm concerned, the more people let SMS know that they want this as soon as possible, the higher up the 'list' it will go.

Keep enjoying the game, mate!

Hey Kieth,
Thanks for the kind welcome...I'm not real worried about the triple screen issue...am also going to use them with my other racing/sim games...A/C has pretty good triple screen support so I'll be running the setup on that as well.

I'm sure the SMS guys are working on the triple screen support....so I guess it won't be too long before it's available for us plebs.

Cheers,
Smithy.