PDA

View Full Version : When can we expect the first patch to improve...

craste
11-05-2015, 21:50
When can we expect the first patch to improve the standard force feeback settings for steering wheels?

We want good standard settings for each car so that we don't have to spend hours tweaking!

We might be tweaking it thinking we have a good set up, but in reality its naff!

All good for those that love to tweak, but the majority just want the best\most popular setting in place as standard so we can play the game!

Are we talking days, weeks or months until it's sorted?

Francorchamps
11-05-2015, 21:55
Probably weeks for the first new patch will arrive. First they have to develop the patch, test the patch and then Sony has to approve the patch

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 21:56
You wan't perfect Settings for +- 75 Cars including 50 different Wheels?

Then you will never ever getting Perfect Settings.

And not to say that every Wheel owner wishes other "Perfect FFB" Setups...

There are a few Generall Tweaks, so just ask what you like to feel more or less...

MysterG
11-05-2015, 22:02
They could "patch" the FFB for each car to the "most popular" but there is no saying that you would like them. After all you don't like the ones they started with which were not chosen to be deliberately bad.

The devs recognise from 4 years of community that people like different things that's why there is the ability to tweak.
Your best bet is to wait until a few more different settings have been tried by players and plug those numbers in and see what you think.

wahwah
11-05-2015, 22:13
While we wait for a patch, here are Jack Spade's FFB tweaks. Originally these were posted as files for PC users, but I've transferred them into the attached Excel file for those of us with PCars on PS4. These are his tweaks for every car in the game, for any wheel. Jack also gave his recommendation for Global settings, with the master Force Feedback setting at 100, and the Tire Force parameter set to taste, with 70 as a good starting point and 100 being the upper limit before clipping.

SW__10
11-05-2015, 22:27
While we wait for a patch, here are Jack Spade's FFB tweaks. Originally these were posted as files for PC users, but I've transferred them into the attached Excel file for those of us with PCars on PS4. These are his tweaks for every car in the game, for any wheel. Jack also gave his recommendation for Global settings, with the master Force Feedback setting at 100, and the Tire Force parameter set to taste, with 70 as a good starting point and 100 being the upper limit before clipping.

Thanks for taking the time to do this! Great job!

wahwah
11-05-2015, 22:31
Thanks for taking the time to do this! Great job!

You're welcome, as I mentioned in another thread, I had to do it for myself anyway, best to share.

BigDipper
12-05-2015, 00:27
@Wahwah that's the spirit bro.
Don't have a wheel yet but I will get 1.
Thanks for your work

Padmod
12-05-2015, 03:41
Welcome to the world of sim racing, where you become as familiar with the options menu as you are the cockpit of your race car! ;)

micgrech
12-05-2015, 10:25
Hopefully they will fix the issues with the T500RS wheel soon.

Feetabix
12-05-2015, 10:45
Thanks wahwah......karma to you sir!.....

Mascot
12-05-2015, 10:59
They could "patch" the FFB for each car to the "most popular" but there is no saying that you would like them. After all you don't like the ones they started with which were not chosen to be deliberately bad.

The devs recognise from 4 years of community that people like different things that's why there is the ability to tweak.
Your best bet is to wait until a few more different settings have been tried by players and plug those numbers in and see what you think.

As a Fanatec GT2 owner I'd just like access to the full suite of FFB tuning options. Porsche wheels are currently recognised as gamepads so access is currently denied. This is the most urgent fix needed as far as we are concerned.