PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hours LeMans Pit Stop Bug

wicken
11-05-2015, 22:23
This is difficult bug to report so I will try to post the most details since I forgot to record some footage.
For over 16 hours, I gave total control to the AI to race for me in this endurance and then I thought, since he was doing so good I'm going to replace him. Right when the game gave me manual control of my car, I hit an invisible wall even inside the pits and my car gets thrown in the air until I eventually fall getting below the map. After that the game puts me back at the pits, I had control for a brief seconds then the results screen pops up, showing that I got disqualified.

blowfishrulez
12-05-2015, 12:02
Bump, that's really terrible. Sorry to hear that. Such an issue should make it into the first wave of bugfixes to be rolled out. Will try to replicate on my Steam version. Has it happened during the career race or in a quick race?

memoric77
12-05-2015, 13:36
Bump, that's really terrible. Sorry to hear that. Such an issue should make it into the first wave of bugfixes to be rolled out. Will try to replicate on my Steam version. Has it happened during the career race or in a quick race?

How can you give the control to the AI and replace it?

blowfishrulez
12-05-2015, 13:42
Upon entering the pits, there is an option to swap drivers. When you want control back, you can request a pit stop for AI Bob at any time.

memoric77
12-05-2015, 13:48
oh cool, never tried. thx.

deedub777
12-05-2015, 14:54
Is it similar to this?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24006-A-rather-strange-glitch

wicken
12-05-2015, 16:50
Is it similar to this?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24006-A-rather-strange-glitch
It was a sort of collision like that but I didn't end with the same results.

It happened during the career, I was invited to 24Hours LeMans right after I finished the superkarts championship.

Upon entering the pits, there is an option to swap drivers. When you want control back, you can request a pit stop for AI Bob at any time.
What option is that? It's not "Retire to pit box", I'm pretty sure of that.

wicken
13-05-2015, 15:34
Dunno how to mention you so this will do.
Can you please pass this to the development team since it is a very frustanting issue?

So I have bad news, this bug happened again and I only needed 3 hours to finish the race. I can't garantee that this is 100% confirmed but the issue appears to be connected with the suspend/resume option on PS4, it's now the second time that after I resume the game and decide to replace the AI, the bug will happened at the exact same place with the same results. Here's my video showcasing the problem, skip to 12 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh50AICuv2Q

GenBrien
13-05-2015, 20:43
I don't know if you drove all those 21 hours..... but if yes.... I feel your pain :eek-new:

wicken
13-05-2015, 21:38
I don't know if you drove all those 21 hours..... but if yes.... I feel your pain :eek-new:
The AI raced for me but it's still frustating to waste nearly a day with the console on just to have to restart all from the beginning, this is now my 4th attempt at beating this event.

Perfect Code
13-05-2015, 21:44
Can you please pass this to the development team since it is a very frustanting issue?

So I have bad news, this bug happened again and I only needed 3 hours to finish the race. I can't garantee that this is 100% confirmed but the issue appears to be connected with the suspend/resume option on PS4, it's now the second time that after I resume the game and decide to replace the AI, the bug will happened at the exact same place with the same results. Here's my video showcasing the problem, skip to 12 minutes.

Ha, yeah this should definitely be fixed.

Machinist90
14-05-2015, 16:53
I was driving a lemans session of two hours,I switched to the AI driver for a break and after a few laps switched back to me,when exiting the pitlane at the moment I got manual control the car stops and makes a weird sound,the engine still works but the tires and bodywork seem to be a small bit into the floor,accelerating or reversing does not help,the car just keeps sliding back real slow without any reaction to throttle. At this point I'm blocking the exit and all the other cars get confused and start bashing the walls as they try to get around...just lost a good 1,5 hour racing because of a bug(?):( Pit engineer hasn't said anything,nor do I get a "mechanical" failure..I can't read any detailed telemetry to see what's going on.

Elmo
14-05-2015, 16:56
Thanks for your feedback. We are already aware.

Merged with the existing thread.

22nordin
14-05-2015, 17:54
I was driving a lemans session of two hours,I switched to the AI driver for a break and after a few laps switched back to me,when exiting the pitlane at the moment I got manual control the car stops and makes a weird sound,the engine still works but the tires and bodywork seem to be a small bit into the floor,accelerating or reversing does not help,the car just keeps sliding back real slow without any reaction to throttle. At this point I'm blocking the exit and all the other cars get confused and start bashing the walls as they try to get around...just lost a good 1,5 hour racing because of a bug(?):( Pit engineer hasn't said anything,nor do I get a "mechanical" failure..I can't read any detailed telemetry to see what's going on.

This bug happend to me to right now .. 4 h driving on ps4

Machinist90
14-05-2015, 18:15
This bug happend to me to right now .. 4 h driving on ps4

4 hours? ouch...I feel your pain

cplzell
14-05-2015, 18:46
i think i wait the patch to try real 24h race :)

WhiteNinja636
19-05-2015, 00:58
My version of this bug is quite dramatic:
http://youtu.be/0riCCt-v3t8

Machinist90
27-05-2015, 16:38
My car doesn't go flying,pitstops for refueling no problem...but the moment I change tires the car falls flat and acts like it has no wheels at the exit ..maybe that detail can help the devs?

mjemec11
01-06-2015, 20:40
Just happened to me. With less than 3 hours to go as well.

http://youtu.be/yRt12ckATYY

Machinist90
01-06-2015, 21:56
can any dev confirm they're working on this or will be in future patch? it's a real shame the 24hrs are broken

GenBrien
01-06-2015, 23:34
can any dev confirm they're working on this or will be in future patch? it's a real shame the 24hrs are broken

We are already aware.

there, 7 post before yours :)

Machinist90
02-06-2015, 10:49
there, 7 post before yours :)

being aware of is not the same as working on,just so you know

GenBrien
04-06-2015, 14:17
being aware of is not the same as working on,just so you know

if they are aware, they are working on it.
When will the fix be available is an other question

Machinist90
04-06-2015, 15:52
if they are aware, they are working on it.
When will the fix be available is an other question

doesn't matter,the bug I encountered doesn't seem tied to the lemans circuit,doug is working on it

Elmo
05-06-2015, 14:21
To those that we affected, did you always use the AI driver swap directly before this problem occurred?

Has anybody seen the same issue outside the Le Mans track?

Machinist90
05-06-2015, 14:28
To those that we affected, did you always use the AI driver swap directly before this problem occurred?

I have,though my cars don't fly off like in video,they drive out of pitlane,and when manual control takes over it looks like the car acts like it has no wheels,it drops down and just slides down the decline of lane,you can accelerate and the wheels spin but don't have any traction,when you "simulate session" the car departs again like normal,I haven't tried the "reset to track" yet since I didn't have a button assigned to it during the incident,Doug told me to try to recreate the bug after the 1.4 patch

mjemec11
05-06-2015, 15:37

Mine happened when swapping from AI back to me. I did this 2 times in the race before the bug kicked in.

PoorbandTony
15-06-2015, 18:40

Hi there,

Yep - I've just had the same issue twice on the PC version. Just decided to do a quick career race - so just 5 laps with mandatory pit (touring/clio) - and after the pit steering went really light on my Force GT. Felt like I had flats, but then going into the replay I looked at the car and it was 'sunk' into the road. Thought it was just a glitch so restarted - same thing happened again after the pit.

I suspect I can recreate easy enough so if you need more info let me know. Running on i7 4790k, 16Gig, 2 x Twin Frozr GTX 970's.

Cheers,
Tony

Machinist90
15-06-2015, 19:58
Hi there,

Yep - I've just had the same issue twice on the PC version. Just decided to do a quick career race - so just 5 laps with mandatory pit (touring/clio) - and after the pit steering went really light on my Force GT. Felt like I had flats, but then going into the replay I looked at the car and it was 'sunk' into the road. Thought it was just a glitch so restarted - same thing happened again after the pit.

I suspect I can recreate easy enough so if you need more info let me know. Running on i7 4790k, 16Gig, 2 x Twin Frozr GTX 970's.

Cheers,
Tony

that's another bug,also known,it's a screw up in setup but not tied to the switching from AI to driver

PoorbandTony
16-06-2015, 18:23
that's another bug,also known,it's a screw up in setup but not tied to the switching from AI to driver

Ah cool thanks. Fingers crossed they sort that one too then ;)

ElCollego
29-06-2015, 18:07
Had the same bug two times after several hours. Third try I let the AI drive to the end. 24h went over but somehow, one AI stayed on track an kept racing. See Vid. https://youtu.be/F6OO--rnPsw
Two mins after I stoped the recording the AI ran out of gas but race didn't stoped...had to quit the complete game. No win saved, no trophy won.

TheDeadGamer23
08-07-2015, 02:25
The same bug has just messed up my race 19 Hours in (All 19 played by me)

wicken
08-07-2015, 06:29
The same bug has just messed up my race 19 Hours in (All 19 played by me)
Have you updated to patch 2.00? This issue should be fixed with it.

Machinist90
08-07-2015, 07:43
Have you updated to patch 2.00? This issue should be fixed with it.

it has been confirmed it didn't fix it (on ps4 no idea about PC)

Elmo
09-07-2015, 18:30
it has been confirmed it didn't fix it (on ps4 no idea about PC)

Can you link me to the discussion?

Machinist90
10-07-2015, 08:51
Can you link me to the discussion?

I believe i read it somewhere in the PS4 patch notes thread,I haven't got to testing myself since I'm on xbox one so I guess that's going to be next week (I hope)

robdok
21-07-2015, 18:10
Hi,When you can not save the game during the race?

Hunter-SP
02-08-2015, 19:22
Just happened with me today on PS4, after almost 22h of race and using ver 2.00, still need some work on this fix

Elmo
02-08-2015, 19:40
Just happened with me today on PS4, after almost 22h of race and using ver 2.00, still need some work on this fix

Can you give more details or maybe even a video? Just to be sure that it is the same thing.

Fanapryde
02-08-2015, 20:33
Can you give more details or maybe even a video? Just to be sure that it is the same thing.
Sorry, missed this topic. But I had the same issue:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36335-24-25-hrs-ENDURANCE-Race-bugs-!

Don't bother for the red text, that was a button issue, not a bug in the game.

Chieftain
04-08-2015, 10:46
Happened to me some minutes ago (on PS4) with 3 hours left. I don't have a video of it but it's definitly the same bug like the one which is already in the youtube video from the first post. Also after the change from KI to human driver and at the same spot. It's really annoying that this bug still occurs :(

Blackvault
04-08-2015, 10:48
Happened to me some minutes ago (on PS4) with 3 hours left. I don't have a video of it but it's definitly the same bug like the one which is already in the youtube video from the first post. Also after the change from KI to human driver and at the same spot. It's really annoying that this bug still occurs :(

Can you at least link to the YouTube video and confirm the race settings, etc

Pete

Machinist90
04-08-2015, 10:55
Can you at least link to the YouTube video and confirm the race settings, etc

Pete

like he stated...first post,just check the first page of thread

Chieftain
04-08-2015, 10:55

Sorry I meant this post. It's the LeMans race in the career mode, full 24 hours, same car.

Blackvault
04-08-2015, 10:56
like he stated...first post,just check the first page of thread

Just seen your update, cheers. Joys of moderating in work lol

KK78
04-08-2015, 11:13

Hell, I'd have thrown the Ps4 out the window if that happened to me! I thought it was bad enough with the 5 seperate game crashes I had usually after an hour or two in the Endurance Championship. Please remedy this chaps :)

Fanapryde
04-08-2015, 13:22
Sorry, missed this topic. But I had the same issue:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36335-24-25-hrs-ENDURANCE-Race-bugs-!

Don't bother for the red text, that was a button issue, not a bug in the game.
@ the devs:

I have no video, but - while not in control yet - had a vigourous left/right shake of the wheel and the car (RWD P30 LMP1) stopped and I got the same message.
But I was not flying into the pits...
And (since I had a few bad experiences begore in endurance racing) I had penalties disabled.

Hunter-SP
10-08-2015, 00:41

Unfortunately I dont have it on video, but it was like this...

I started the race and did around 3h window myself, them entered the pit and let the AI drive for about 5h, after that I, took the driving again for another 2h and so far everything was going ok, put the AI on the wheel again and them went to sleep.
When I woke up, there was about 22h completed, and there was still fuel for more 5 or 6 laps until next pit window, but I called the AI to pit right away to get the driving of those last 2h of race, it entered the pit, I switch the driver for me again, the pit work was normal, when I still was on the pit lane (auto drive on speed limit) I changed the view to the helmet view (AI was driving using cockpit view), and when the car was about to cross the exit line of the pit it crashed, like it had hit something, but there was nothing on the way, the car started flipping around to every other directions about 20 feet above the ground, after 2 or 3 seconds a message of "wrong way" appeared, but the usual countdown didnt happened, instead of it instantly I was sent back to the garage, and on the board my car was as "disqualified", the race continued with the AI competitors until the end (I Fast Forward to check what would happen).

Hope this helps, thanks