PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G27 + PS4 + Maxrace F1 V5 - Works

paulofma
11-05-2015, 22:41
Hi, friends,

Project Cars in PS4 - G27 Logitech - Works
Adapter: Maxrace F1 V5 for PS4
Including Force Feedback and all functions.
Manual Gear = ok
Delay: some (after this video I changed the Maxrace to 1 in sensitivity. It got better)
Dead Zone: some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpfvouvufhc

* I am not a merchant and have no interest in the adapter. I'm just a gamer. :yes:

blackops
12-05-2015, 00:44
Hi, friends,

Project Cars in PS4 - G27 Logitech - Works
Adapter: Maxrace F1 V5 for PS4
Including Force Feedback and all functions.
Manual Gear = ok
Delay: some (after this video I changed the Maxrace to 1 in sensitivity. It got better)
Dead Zone: some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpfvouvufhc

* I am not a merchant and have no interest in the adapter. I'm just a gamer. :yes:

So in order for the G27 to work on the PS4 with Project Cars all I need is this adapter called the Maxrax F1 V5? Do you know where I could get one at?

This is all new to me so that is why I am curious.

Thanks

Padmod
12-05-2015, 03:27
So in order for the G27 to work on the PS4 with Project Cars all I need is this adapter called the Maxrax F1 V5? Do you know where I could get one at?

Thanks

Honestly these adapters aren't worth your time. All they do is poorly translate wheel input to controller inputs. The forcefeedback will just be an illusion, more like controller rumble that actually being able to feel the car lose grip/shift weight etc.

Your G27 will just end up feeling like a cheap knock off. Save yourself the disappointment and save for a new wheel or PC.

paulofma
12-05-2015, 12:57

Thanks

Look, I played a lot with the G27 on the PS3 (GT Prologue, GT5, GT6, NFS, Burnout, etc.).
I searched a lot a solution to the PS4 without spending much money and using my G27.

I found this adapter and I decided to bet. You can trust that actually works.

The FF is perfect, all the buttons work. One can adjust the sensitivity of the adapter itself (1 to 5) and FF (1 to 5).

Here made a new video after adjusting the sensitivity. It was great.

I do not know where you are, but for me one Thrustmaster costs $ 1,000 (Brazil), and I will not spend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4x8NTGpKCg

Thanks.

mantukas334
12-05-2015, 13:36
delay looks horrible, doubt you can be competetive or enjoy game like that

dwalldorf
12-05-2015, 14:01
Maybe, if you can't spend money on this right now (or don't want to), this might be a solution. But to be honest, I'm using the T300 and I can tell just how much quicker it is in terms of delay. I'm sure none of the (officially) compatible wheels will have that much delay.

So yeah, maybe for now this is better than using the controller but this doesn't look like a fantastic experience as well..

jhjij
14-06-2015, 21:03
Maybe, if you can't spend money on this right now (or don't want to), this might be a solution. But to be honest, I'm using the T300 and I can tell just how much quicker it is in terms of delay. I'm sure none of the (officially) compatible wheels will have that much delay.

So yeah, maybe for now this is better than using the controller but this doesn't look like a fantastic experience as well..

I have used MaxRace V-5 Adapter + my old Logitech G25 now for about 20 hours on my PS4/Project Car, and i think it's great because it cost me 100 dollars and new wheels would be 5 times more expensive.

As an examble of how good this combo is I just drove on Lotus 98T formula car for first time ever and about ten laps later i drove the fastest non Formula A time on openwheel Zolder time trial. It was also the fastest non Formula A time on that record list driven by wheels?

So i think Maxrace + G25 is ok for someone like me who drives only occasionally and is not a professional driver. I dont want to buy new wheels because there is nothing wrong with my old G25.
Here is a youtube link to my fastest lap. I think i can easily get 2-3 second better with little training.. https://youtu.be/8ynJ6J8_L3g

Awong124
15-06-2015, 01:43
It does look somewhat acceptable. But a Thrustmaster T100 doesn't cost very much more than that adapter though.