PDA

View Full Version : Tougher penalty for cut corners

Porsche72
11-05-2015, 22:54
Hello !

The penalties are too soft on most of the circuits and the times online, it's a shame!
Example: In "Le Mans Bugatti" the 1st corner you can go straight !! Too bad!

Usually in real life, 2 goes behind the white line wheels and the time is invalid!

Thank you in advance to consider my remark

Jake44
12-05-2015, 10:33
I disagree, most tracks the penalties are too harsh, and removing current and next lap if you have a spin during qualifying is way too harsh IMO.

NemethR
12-05-2015, 10:46
I agree with OP.

This is my opinion (copied from another post):

If you are with 4 tyres over the white line in the same corner, (not the curbs, the white line) you should get the following penalties.
1st time: Warning, and time taken away - In race slowed down for 1 sec and time taken away
2nd time: Warning and time taken away - In race slowed down for 2 sec and time taken away
3rd time: Final warning and time taken away - In race slowed down for 3 sec and time taken away
4th time: Disqualified - In race: Drive through.
5th time: In Race: Stop and Go
6th time: Disqualified

Barred
12-05-2015, 23:52
I have no problem with the penalties. I do have a problem with how inconsistent they are. 2 wheels are fine, but the amount of times I have used the same cockpit visual cues and had different out comes to penalties.

The other thing that is not taken into account is when you are knocked off the circuit, eg in multiplayer you have a person come screaming into the back of you for say cold tiers and takes you off the circuit, you still get penalised! Please sort this out on what for me is the best 'game' on the PS4.

Ramshackle
13-05-2015, 00:10
I'd like to see a "three strikes and you're out" rule, or just increase the time. I can count on one hand the amount of time penalties I've recieved online so far. The chances of any half decent players getting two in a race is pretty slim. Had a race on Monza earlier where someone kept cutting the second chicane to the point it was well worth the time penalty. I'd catch him back up and then he'd just cut it again on the next lap. Very annoying.

Porsche72
18-05-2015, 14:38
Look Hotlap on Le Mans Bugatti !
Too person cuts the first corner!
There is no penalty!

Noksi
21-05-2015, 05:48
+1 to the OP, there are to many sections f.e. at LeMans where you can unrealistically cut the track without getting a penalty.

I even think this thread should be in the bug report section and not feature suggestions.

madmax2069
21-05-2015, 05:54
Yes, when you look at the time trials or the comunity event its loaded full of corner cutting people, I mean going completely off the track to set a world record, the time trial and comunity events shoyld be 100% strict.

SMS needs to take every track and adjust what is considered off track by real track standards. Even in a normal online race you have people cutting corners to beat people unfairly.

If you cant stick to the track you dont need to play.

MULTIVITZ
21-05-2015, 10:07
If its flat and hard drive on it. If the game had intelligent marbles it would put people off, they haven't got the penalty zones right, I just hope they(the ones who gave us pC) will communicate their hopes and give us a time scale of progress. Find people who drive like yourself and stop bitching about corner cutters. I have no friends on psn yet, and I know how long and hard its going to be getting them, I'm not moaning about it either! 'Oh!, his tyre touched the wall', throw him out of the game! Turn it in eh?

madmax2069
21-05-2015, 10:26
If its flat and hard drive on it. If the game had intelligent marbles it would put people off, they haven't got the penalty zones right, I just hope they(the ones who gave us pC) will communicate their hopes and give us a time scale of progress. Find people who drive like yourself and stop bitching about corner cutters. I have no friends on psn yet, and I know how long and hard its going to be getting them, I'm not moaning about it either! 'Oh!, his tyre touched the wall', throw him out of the game! Turn it in eh?

Oh please, when it concerns time tirals and community events everyone is effected by it. If you cant drive the track how its supposed to be driven on then go find another game.

The thing is I do find like minded people when im in a online lobby, you can not do that when it concerns time trials and community events.

If your tire touched the wall its no longer considered a clean lap, regardless on how you want to look at it, and void your laps time. it should take a clean lap to be able to post a time on the leaderboards period.

Driving off the track is not a clean lap either.

If you want to drive dirty then stay in the lobbies that have penalties off, and keep away from the leaderboards, no one wants a cheater.

MULTIVITZ
21-05-2015, 14:57
So who decides what part of the track is dirty? If its the 'two tyres must be touching the tarmac' rule then how do game developers decide what areas are dirty when you have vehicles with different width tracks (axle width), its a technically complex arrangement for the game programmers to map the inside wheel position of every car for all tracks every corner. Rubbings racing, it's only a game.
Remember Forza4 with the limited America Muscle car pack? The game developers were having a laugh with them in the lower car classes, they ended up having to delete peoples leaderboard times and even ban some of the cars from recording a time, the whole process took months!
If I get tapped off, for what ever reason , I want to catch up to have a race, if someone wants to cut a corner I decide weather to follow them. Once you're in a lobby of like minded player's the fun begins! If you wanna hot lap fine, if you want to do it in a race even better. What I'm trying to say is we're all at the mercy of the game limits, it's up to us now to hone this if it's possible. If I'm behind someone whos throwing their car down the road, I want to keep up with them not be jealous and resentful of them because they're being ' in game dangerous ', or cheating. Until then stop your hating it's only a game!!
Define realism, damage can be switched off, is that realism. I put the random part failure feature on, did twenty odd laps round Somona in the Radical to get some heat soak to test the tyres (272F), went for a cup of tea, come back to a car that had electrical issues. It wouldn't go into gear for a time so after some angry engine reving it went into gear. Hope it don't do it in a race!?

MULTIVITZ
21-05-2015, 15:32
Time trials on your own, beating yourself, or a ghost. I'm turning the penalties off until they're sorted out, I like a bit of door to door action, win or lose, I'm not goimg to let a game emotionally get me down. like I said in my other posts 'it's a vast subject'.To improve one's time pactice by all means, to go beyond your limits one needs to drive with others, one needs knowledge from others. A thing greater than independance is interdependence, so please.