PDA

View Full Version : Racing manners

Barnezy318
11-05-2015, 23:05
I love this game but the idiots racing online are completely ruining the point on racing online,crashing in to you when you're lapping and taking your wheel of!!! Ahhhhh! Is there nothing that can be done for clean racing?

The other thing, the suspension seems to be made of butter. The smallest bump and your race is over!

MikeyTT
11-05-2015, 23:16
Online racing unfortunately has always attracted the 1st corner nutters and those that don't really want to race clean and close. I would suggest you look at groups who organise events, like this one organised by the unofficial Facebook page chaps: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22024-FB-amp-Steam-Group-Project-CARS-Gentlemen-Racing

Not sure what the butter comment is about, but if you're on full chat on some circuits that have undulations like Oulton, then you'll end up laying a bit of rubber and spear into the scenery. Same effect with suspension loading. too much load and any bumps can't be absorbed and you get the same result. Have a play with the car settings. I would maybe remove the bump stops, lift the suspension a touch or reduce the spring rates. Have a look at some of the companion apps to understand what the car was doing at the time. This'll help you get a solution...

dopeyj86
11-05-2015, 23:25
Just give the host an option to kick. No vote to kick crap. It worked perfectly in forza 2. I think more games should give the host full control of their "custom public lobbies"

Jason_Hall
11-05-2015, 23:43
MikeyTT, how about an option to switch off collisions might be a pain to add but it is possible.

Barnezy318, There are a few good racers out there (check out GTPlanet or why not organise something on here?) the two i was racing with in the video below proves it, best race I ever had, shame the guy out braked himself and went into the other guy it would of been a right battle to the end, I would classed it as a racing incident.

http://youtu.be/UkAIzs6-sms

cossie29
11-05-2015, 23:46
Yep i agree, i am not 1 of the best racer's but i am no beginner either, i finnally got a chance to spend a few hours online racing tonight and it was horrendous due to idiots.
i dont mind a bit of nudging etc but not deliberate ramming.
i was leading a 5 lap race on abi dabu or however you say it by over 7 secs, 2nd to last lap i decided to stop pushing a bit and save tyres. obv slowed down too much as on last lap 2nd place catches me and just rams me off the road instead of an exciting battle to the finish, i ended up finishing 8th! Not happy lol

Zenzic
12-05-2015, 06:36
Check out the Apex Stalkers community if you're looking for clean racing: http://www.apexstalkers.tk (http://www.apexstalkers.tk/index.html). We're a group of 350 people who like to race properly and respect each other on track. Right now we have about 40 members active on PCars, with more switching over after the US release. This week we're organizing a time trial on Laguna Seca with the Mustang Boss and during the weekend we'll be having a Classic DTM Touring Car Cup.

Chris Old
12-05-2015, 06:52
Im really enjoying the online at the moment - I guess I've just been lucky. Most races people move out of the way or dont rejoin if there is traffic on the track and I've had some really good races. A wild mix of cars and karts in some which have been a bit weird though! Yesterday was my favorite when I setup a GT3 race - 5 laps round Brno starting in the evening and finishing in the dark. Everyone finished so guess most enjoyed it.

Just lucky I guess!

Blackvault
12-05-2015, 07:01
Moved to Multiplayer section

Barnezy318
12-05-2015, 07:04
The butter comment is meant to be about how easily it damages. A tiny bump in a slow corner and your suspension is done and you need to pit. The cars are too easily damaged.

Shnoo
12-05-2015, 08:10
The butter comment is meant to be about how easily it damages. A tiny bump in a slow corner and your suspension is done and you need to pit. The cars are too easily damaged.

I don't think this way had my first go on pcars yesterday after 2h messing arround with varius track/car combinations i jumped into a 20 lap Zolder GT3 Race due the lack of practice i started at 7th.
Got a good start of the line. Expecting the turn one heroes i went for and extremly wide t1 and got a hit from the left.
Car was ok.
Started to avoid t1 and t2 wrecks. Passed a lot of cars the first 4 laps to 3rd.
Then i did a mistake in t2 and cliped the grass wich was nearly a disaster but i catched it before hitting the inside wall.
Droped to 4th again and then had a fight for about 3 laps for 3rd again. Near the end of the Race i was going to lap a slower driver he must definatly have got blue and ignored it.
As i tried to pass him safely he cut me off and i hit him hard in the back.
Car was still ok.

Damage wasn't turned off it was pretty scary the first laps avoiding all the broken tires ;D
Difficulty was Pro with no drivingaids.

I played a lot of Iracing before and there i got much more dmg for softer hits.

Jan Garrelts
12-05-2015, 08:34
We need some stuff from Iracing.. Poeple will stop to block hit and crash u when they always get a dq

Shnoo
12-05-2015, 08:50
We need some stuff from Iracing.. Poeple will stop to block hit and crash u when they always get a dq

Yeah i miss this in every other sim since i played it.
The licence system seems pretty unfair at first but if you get the hang with it it's awsome.

I hope that these peaople will lose there fun in a few weeks and the situation calms down a bit. The t1-t2 crashes in that race yesterday where horrible.
I will watch the replay today after work (Saved it yesterday). And i bet that there was a looooooot of avoideble contact.

X Gabe 62 X
12-05-2015, 09:27
A few changes to the game would improve things in this area.

Allow chat during race via quick comments, assigned to buttons/keys.

Have a rating system and rated/non-rated races.

A feddback system. If 30 percent of players report bad sportsmanship, they lose rating points.

To be honest, TOCA Race Driver from 12 years ago had a much more sophisticated online game.

It's just a "placeholder" at the moment.

MikeyTT
12-05-2015, 10:34

Unfortunately I've not yet had chance to look at the released game, but I certainly didn't notice this on the versions we had on the run-up to release. It would take a fair bit of contact to damage anything. IIRC there were a few threads about increasing the damage, as it was felt it wasn't realistic enough. It's possible the devs increased the damage, but I've not seen anything concrete to back this up. As with the pre-release dev/test process, I would take video, use one of the companion data logger apps to log the damage, so the devs can see how inappropriate it is, and report it. That's the best way to get the issue noticed, above all of the screaming about "issues" that's going on.

A few changes to the game would improve things in this area.

Allow chat during race via quick comments, assigned to buttons/keys.

Have a rating system and rated/non-rated races.

A feddback system. If 30 percent of players report bad sportsmanship, they lose rating points.

To be honest, TOCA Race Driver from 12 years ago had a much more sophisticated online game.

It's just a "placeholder" at the moment.

- Quick comments: I don't think this is planned, but you can perform a similar function with tools like AutoIt, or VoiceAttack
- Rating system: It was being discussed as a "safety rating" and was planned to be implemented. I've had a quick look back in the forum, but I can't seem to find a thread on where it was at
- TBH the feedback system really only helps if you're doing a quick match kind of game join. Those who manage dedicated servers will have a list of players that get a constant bad rep and be blacklisting them anyway. Worth putting up a thread to ask the question of what the score is with a rating system though. I'm sure there are a few peeps who are interested to know.

DonPablo
12-05-2015, 10:50
its always the same in racing games(like in GTR2) online. Their are always some idiots on public servers who drive withpout brain.
Just look for a online community and drive on private servers.