PDA

View Full Version : Nascar please!

Forcedchaos
11-05-2015, 23:19
I can't wait to get some oval tracks on this game. A lot of Nascar fans bought this game, I'm one of them. Please hurry. Awsome game I love it.

Doctor Doom
11-05-2015, 23:22
I agree. I was hoping they would add Nascar to Project Cars.

SlickReed
11-05-2015, 23:23
Although I am not a fan of NASCAR, Alot of tracks in the US have oval and road variations. That would be cool.

Forcedchaos
11-05-2015, 23:24
I agree. I was hoping they would add Nascar to Project Cars.

They said they will. I'm just impatient. Daytona is coming. I just want them to hurry.

Khyber GT
11-05-2015, 23:27
physics are gonna be so weird for oval racing and especially nascar...it might be as awkward as GT with nascar...

go iracing!

Forcedchaos
11-05-2015, 23:31
I want to turn left. I have a god given right to turn left. I can turn left if I want to, spoken like a true American! I really want Nascar in this game! (Kurt Busch)

2 Up 2 Down
11-05-2015, 23:32
physics are gonna be so weird for oval racing and especially nascar...it might be as awkward as GT with nascar...

go iracing!
Would rather wait for the Oval DLC in Project CARS

StalkerDellaNote
11-05-2015, 23:34
Why does everyone want pleb tier oval tracks? Daytona? Indy? Ewww.. Let's get California Speedway! :( Arguably one of the quickest and funnest Ovals in the states

yusupov
11-05-2015, 23:37
daytona at least has a famous road race even tho its a boring track...indy is a must if you have indycars

this has been your obligatory 'ovalz sukkk' guy post

Forcedchaos
11-05-2015, 23:38
Why does everyone want pleb tier oval tracks? Daytona? Indy? Ewww.. Let's get California Speedway! :(

Nascar is really fun. Drive with me for 3 hours at Daytona and I will show you.

yusupov
11-05-2015, 23:40
in all seriousness, i do have a question, what does nascar offtr that indycar doesnt? if i was going to race ovals (virtually, not irl!) id much rather do indycar, where its faster + rubbins DEATH

Forcedchaos
11-05-2015, 23:44
Too much to explain.

GamingCanuck
11-05-2015, 23:45
in all seriousness, i do have a question, what does nascar offtr that indycar doesnt? if i was going to race ovals (virtually, not irl!) id much rather do indycar, where its faster + rubbins DEATH

They're really not the same at all, so obviously what they offer is going to be different. Indy is all about aero, NASCAR is more mechanical grip than aero. I've never been a fan of Indycar(CART FTW) as I find the racing dull and the cars look hideous, while NASCAR is all about pack racing and being able to bang doors without having the cars shatter into a million pieces. Also, dat V8 engine sound.

StalkerDellaNote
11-05-2015, 23:47
Nascar is really fun. Drive with me for 3 hours at Daytona and I will show you.

You mustn't be much of a NASCAR fan if you don't know California Speedway.. Daytona is boring restrictor plate racing where you never lay off the accelerator *yawn*
I'd much rather have tracks like Pocono, Bristol, California, Dover..

INDY, Daytona, & Talladega are pleb tier ovals..

And NASCAR > INDY because it's contact no holds barred racing that's' all about flying brick V8 Sedans.. The drivers are as sturdy and mean as the cars so you get amazing pack racing..

Forcedchaos
11-05-2015, 23:53
You mustn't be much of a NASCAR fan if you don't know California Speedway.. Daytona is boring restrictor plate racing where you never lay off the accelerator *yawn*

And NASCAR > INDY because it's contact no holds barred racing that's' all about flying brick V8 Sedans.. The drivers are as sturdy and mean as the cars so you get amazing pack racing..

The super speedways is just my style. But I love what you wrote.

StalkerDellaNote
12-05-2015, 00:02
The super speedways is just my style. But I love what you wrote.

I get that, some people like them Super Speedways, before they repaved Daytona that race was worth seeing.. it was even better before the CoT days..
But I used to go to Daytona every year for the Summer race (when I would go it was the Pepsi 400) I never enjoyed it like I did races back here on the West Coast, where I'd go to California Speedway, Phoenix, & Las Vegas every year..

F2kSel
12-05-2015, 00:04

I actually prefer the flatter tracks, Martinville,Newhampshire and Pheonix but I do like Dover as well.

Khyber GT
12-05-2015, 00:47
Would rather wait for the Oval DLC in Project CARS

you are severely missing out then. iracing will always be king of nascar

blacknred81
12-05-2015, 00:52
Im sure there are ovals coming later, but they were cut before they released the game, the ovals I KNOW I have seen in Project CARS in early builds are.....

Daytona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uixyXN4Dm8Y
Indianapolis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McGBGYqsarI
Bristol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_pyATIbboM
Charlotte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8eOj5Y8xmI
Dover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leLQGObXrZY

blacknred81
12-05-2015, 00:53
and Richmond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX_LOplAqiI

Doctor Doom
12-05-2015, 01:01
If they add NASCAR and all the tracks. I will silence the critics of Project Cars because of content alone.

Shinzah
12-05-2015, 01:08

1) Not even the fans in california know about california speedway. Fontana has had the lowest attendance rating of any track on the schedule for three straight years.
2) It's a cookie cutter of MIS. If any track should be included in the mile and a half range, it should be MIS. It has the most history and is the second most copied oval layout in the country.
3) There is TONS of brake and accelerator modulation in plate racing. I'm sorry.

I'd rather have Nazareth, Kentucky, Darlington, Motegi Oval, MIS, Flamboro, Cayuga...

Indy brings in the most fans and revenue of any one day motorsport event on the planet. Daytona and Talladega both have rich histories in stock and sportscar racing. All three of these tracks should be welcome.

For a guy who hates plate racing, you sure you want to mention pack racing when the average NASCAR win on a non-plate track is over a second and a half?

All motorsports have their strengths and weaknesses. Indycars sure do go a hell of alot faster, if speeds someones game. Also, NASCAR's aren't sedans they are purpose built hung-body tube frame stockcars that are artificially up-weighted and designed around a maybe "coupelike" layout at best.

Outthere9
12-05-2015, 02:00
I find it funny how the number 1 track most NASCAR fans want is Daytona or if not that they want Talladega. Just because they can't handle using brakes and wanna just do full throttle racing only. Yea lets go as fast as we can without using brakes unless we pit. Makes perfect sense and gives all NASCAR fans a bad name.

Shinzah
12-05-2015, 02:58
I find it funny how the number 1 track most NASCAR fans want is Daytona or if not that they want Talladega. Just because they can't handle using brakes and wanna just do full throttle racing only. Yea lets go as fast as we can without using brakes unless we pit. Makes perfect sense and gives all NASCAR fans a bad name.

This is just blatantly untrue. Plate racing is significantly harder than people give it credit for. You need to control the pack. You need to read the lines. You need to watch engine temps. You need to modulate the throttle and drag the brake to keep off the car in front. You need to have faith in the car behind doing it or you get run over in the corners and slam the fence at 190+ miles per hour. Getting to pit speed without a limiter in a green flag stop with 20 other cars in the same few metres at the same time is not easy.

With the project cars platform and a realistic length race with skilled drivers you will likely find this is not a simple sport at all, and there are many, many fans who want these tracks for the technicality of it. I don't agree with Plate Racing in principle out of a safety perspective. But I love it for it's incredible depth of strategy.

Something that if people think is so easy to do, by all means, find yourself a ride at a superspeedway and go and win by mashing your foot to the floor. Please.

Khyber GT
12-05-2015, 05:22
with the new drafting package and reduced horsepower you can't ride around at 100% throttle anymore. you have to ride the brake now or the guy behind you can't keep up... in both RL and iracing. it's alot more technical than 100% throttle and never let off. If you do that you'll just run over somebody or have noone to push you. not to mention the inches apart from one another...one stupid moves causes ALOT of issues.

Outthere9
12-05-2015, 05:48
This is just blatantly untrue. Plate racing is significantly harder than people give it credit for. You need to control the pack. You need to read the lines. You need to watch engine temps. You need to modulate the throttle and drag the brake to keep off the car in front. You need to have faith in the car behind doing it or you get run over in the corners and slam the fence at 190+ miles per hour. Getting to pit speed without a limiter in a green flag stop with 20 other cars in the same few metres at the same time is not easy.

With the project cars platform and a realistic length race with skilled drivers you will likely find this is not a simple sport at all, and there are many, many fans who want these tracks for the technicality of it. I don't agree with Plate Racing in principle out of a safety perspective. But I love it for it's incredible depth of strategy.

Something that if people think is so easy to do, by all means, find yourself a ride at a superspeedway and go and win by mashing your foot to the floor. Please.

with the new drafting package and reduced horsepower you can't ride around at 100% throttle anymore. you have to ride the brake now or the guy behind you can't keep up... in both RL and iracing. it's alot more technical than 100% throttle and never let off. If you do that you'll just run over somebody or have noone to push you. not to mention the inches apart from one another...one stupid moves causes ALOT of issues.

You two do realize this is a VIDEO GAME not real life right?

Shinzah
12-05-2015, 12:11

You do realize that if the aim of this platform is to simulate, you will need to have some understanding of a sport in order to be competitive at it, right?

Granted if you just want to set the AI to 0 and mash your foot to the floor, that's your problem.

Forcedchaos
12-05-2015, 13:13
I'm so glad to see there are other Nascar fans playing this game.

Khyber GT
12-05-2015, 13:20

lol, have you never heard of simulation? this isn't horizon or ea's nascar 09 or that god forsaken nascar inside line and 14.

MaXKiLLz
12-05-2015, 13:30
The problem I realized, after a full year of iRacing, was that's all it has to offer. Nascar. Mostly Daytona and Talladega every day. I'm paying for all that content and hardly anyone races anything but those two tracks. They should change the name to iNascar.

DStunnedMonkey
12-05-2015, 13:33
Why does everyone want pleb tier oval tracks? Daytona? Indy? Ewww.. Let's get California Speedway! :( Arguably one of the quickest and funnest Ovals in the states

nah...Bristol is the best oval here in the US. It's the last great coliseum!

DStunnedMonkey
12-05-2015, 13:34
I can't wait to get some oval tracks on this game. A lot of Nascar fans bought this game, I'm one of them. Please hurry. Awsome game I love it.

Yep i can't wait...although i was hoping they would be the newer generation of stock car and not those old ones. #48 JJ

PS4/PSN DStunnedMonkey

AOD_Bloodbringer
12-05-2015, 14:01

I really hate how some NASCAR "fans" try to bash certain tracks. If you knew anything about racing, you would know that at Daytona and all superspeedways for that matter, they aren't "full throttle" the entire time. That is an all too common misconception. First car in line has no draft. All the cars behind them have the draft. Draft = more speed. More speed v.s. car in front that does not have draft = slowing down or causing a gigantic wreck. Believe it or not, the cars behind the lead cars in line only do about 50-70% throttle, fluctuating quite a bit depending on the conditions.

AOD_Bloodbringer
12-05-2015, 14:02
Oh, and the only tracks with "pack racing" are those boring restrictor plate tracks you speak of. Have a nice day!

Khyber GT
12-05-2015, 14:09
The problem I realized, after a full year of iRacing, was that's all it has to offer. Nascar. Mostly Daytona and Talladega every day. I'm paying for all that content and hardly anyone races anything but those two tracks. They should change the name to iNascar.

I guess you missed the fact that every oval car has it's own series and each series is 95% of the time on a different track every week from each other? Unless you do nothing but hosted races, dega and daytona are only on the schedule once every season for a week. not to mention leagues run different tracks every week.

Forcedchaos
12-05-2015, 15:33
Wish we had an ETA on the DLC.

robertedell
12-05-2015, 17:39
I like ovals and that would be a nice edition

RacerDude
12-05-2015, 17:59
The possibility of having NASCAR (or even a knock off version) is why I bought this game. I will enjoy all the forms of motorsports but for me nothing is better than NASCAR.

Forcedchaos
12-05-2015, 18:45
The possibility of having NASCAR (or even a knock off version) is why I bought this game. I will enjoy all the forms of motorsports but for me nothing is better than NASCAR.

Yes. Gonna be so much fun!

MadMichBe
12-05-2015, 19:13
They said they will. I'm just impatient. Daytona is coming. I just want them to hurry.

Yep, i arrive in Daytona on the 29 and going to see the 2 races. i'm from Belgium but love nascar.

RacerDude
12-05-2015, 20:39
Is there any kind of time table for when this might happen?

Blackvault
12-05-2015, 20:40

Unfortunately not. My advice is to keep your eye on the official website and this forum. :)

Pete

StalkerDellaNote
13-05-2015, 10:17
I really hate how some NASCAR "fans" try to bash certain tracks. If you knew anything about racing, you would know that at Daytona and all superspeedways for that matter, they aren't "full throttle" the entire time. That is an all too common misconception. First car in line has no draft. All the cars behind them have the draft. Draft = more speed. More speed v.s. car in front that does not have draft = slowing down or causing a gigantic wreck. Believe it or not, the cars behind the lead cars in line only do about 50-70% throttle, fluctuating quite a bit depending on the conditions.

Let me clear some stuff up

I don't bash on any tracks, I more than welcome Daytona into the game and Indy, is actually a baller a** track, it's just over played in racing games. Regardless I only bash on peoples obsession over Super speedways.. name one non-NASCAR game that includes more than two American Oval tracks, those being Daytona & Indianapolis.. Just name one
IMO Super speedways are even bad for NASCAR game gameplay.. They dominate the game rooms.. I totally get how it works IRL, but in game, it never translates well.. these guys pick those tracks cause 1) Pack racing is pretty dang fun :) but 2) these tracks are fairly easy when you compare to smaller, more dynamic tracks.. I still played NR2003 well into it's lifespan, and IDK.. people like to play them Super Speedways

I mean, there are few things I can bash in NASCAR Like 1) There's legit only one track I dislike, I don't have to a have a reason, I just don't like it and that's Martinsville 2) admit it, but until they fixed the cars, repaved Daytona was like watching paint dry, who's to say the same strategy won't follow suit in Project Cars?

So getting that straight, I'm a NASCAR fan through and through, I've traveled, I may only be 20, but since I was born I've been around to every major track imaginable. I only stand up for Fontana cause that's my home track, that's where I grew up. My family and I, we've been infielders since the track opened. Now someone earlier was all like "Oh it's a cookie cutter track". Damn right it a cookie cutter track! Like most tracks these days. Buuutt, Cal Speedway in addition to the whole super wide race track and just how quick that track is, it has a pretty decent road course where before I've seen some amazing American Le Mans races. But whatevs.. after seeing the vids that blacknred81 guy posted, I'm wicked satisfied with the selection they have so far

For a guy who hates plate racing, you sure you want to mention pack racing when the average NASCAR win on a non-plate track is over a second and a half?
You mann, You're right with the whole non-plate win margin thing.. non-plate tracks are fun to watch for about 10 laps after a green flag

Also, NASCAR's aren't sedans they are purpose built hung-body tube frame stockcars that are artificially up-weighted and designed around a maybe "coupelike" layout at best.

Golly what a smart a** response man (at least that's how I read it) :grief: NASCAR, at the very least today, they're inspired by 4-door sedans.. infact NASCAR has always been about suped up Family cars, I mean, when they went to specially made Stock Car frames and bodies they lost a bit of that "Oh My God you'd think they where one in the same!" feel, but they tried and succeeded for the most part, go do some side by sides, you'll feel pretty silly..
Obviously they're not production cars anymore, so again "Sweet response" :mad: Consider my Jimmies Rustled over this quote, my goodness

*Saw post below, I redacted some of my butthurt

Umer Ahmad
13-05-2015, 10:37
Guys, there's no need to make it a personal discussion. Just talk about the sport without getting on each other. Thanks.

(this is not directed at anyone in particular)

Chris Sercombe
13-05-2015, 14:00
Cant wait for nascar addon, as long as its free.

Shinzah
13-05-2015, 15:09
Let me clear some stuff up

I don't bash on any tracks, I more than welcome Daytona into the game and Indy, is actually a baller a** track, it's just over played in racing games. Regardless I only bash on peoples obsession over Super speedways.. name one non-NASCAR game that includes more than two American Oval tracks, those being Daytona & Indianapolis.. Just name one

Challenge accepted.

Toca 3 had Nashville, Dover, and Gateway (in addition to Indy).

CART Flag 2 Flag (and all of the CART/IRL games from 1998-2005ish) had at least 10-15 ovals each. And aren't NASCAR games.

Iracing has several ovals, and it's not a "NASCAR" game

IMO Super speedways are even bad for NASCAR game gameplay.. They dominate the game rooms.. I totally get how it works IRL, but in game, it never translates well.. these guys pick those tracks cause 1) Pack racing is pretty dang fun :) but 2) these tracks are fairly easy when you compare to smaller, more dynamic tracks.. I still played NR2003 well into it's lifespan, and IDK.. people like to play them Super Speedways

The critical flaw with your push for other tracks is so blindingly obvious here. This is exactly the point. This is exactly why these tracks should be included. I want more people to play this game. If these tracks get more people playing the game, I am happy with that result. If other tracks get LESS people than these tracks do, I do not want that result. Neither would, presuming, the developers.

I mean, there are few things I can bash in NASCAR Like 1) There's legit only one track I dislike, I don't have to a have a reason, I just don't like it and that's Martinsville 2) admit it, but until they fixed the cars, repaved Daytona was like watching paint dry, who's to say the same strategy won't follow suit in Project Cars?

I guess we're mortal enemies now ^^; Besides Talladega and WGI, Martinsville is my third favourite track of the season. Since they killed North Wilkesboro and later Rockingham, anyway.

So getting that straight, I'm a NASCAR fan through and through, I've traveled, I may only be 20, but since I was born I've been around to every major track imaginable. I only stand up for Fontana cause that's my home track, that's where I grew up. My family and I, we've been infielders since the track opened. Now someone earlier was all like "Oh it's a cookie cutter track". Damn right it a cookie cutter track! Like most tracks these days. Buuutt, Cal Speedway in addition to the whole super wide race track and just how quick that track is, it has a pretty decent road course where before I've seen some amazing American Le Mans races. But whatevs.. after seeing the vids that blacknred81 guy posted, I'm wicked satisfied with the selection they have so far

What about the rovals at New Hampshire, Charlotte, LVMS, Texasworld, Gateway, Pocono, and Kansas? (And the rovals at Daytona, Indy, and Talladega for that matter?)

Just for the record though, I'm pretty sure you mean Grand-Am. If you're still arguing a point for Fontana, the ALMS never raced there. As far as I can tell, they've only raced at Charlotte, LVMS and Texas.

Golly what a smart a** response man (at least that's how I read it) :grief: NASCAR, at the very least today, they're inspired by 4-door sedans..

They carry the modelplate of 4 door sedans. They carry the wheelbase and chassis design of two door coupes.

infact NASCAR has always been about suped up Family cars, I mean, when they went to specially made Stock Car frames and bodies they lost a bit of that "Oh My God you'd think they where one in the same!" feel, but they tried and succeeded for the most part, go do some side by sides, you'll feel pretty silly..
Obviously they're not production cars anymore, so again "Sweet response" :mad: Consider my Jimmies Rustled over this quote, my goodness

*Saw post below, I redacted some of my butthurt

Always About Family cars?

Two door sports coupe
http://www.vintagegarage.net/images/car_nascarolds2a.jpg

Two door sports coupe
http://www.izoom.com/UserFiles/Image/Ed%20Herrmann%2053%20Hudson%20Hornet%20(6).jpg

Two door sports coupe
http://cdn26.us2.fansshare.com/photo/richardpetty/plymouth-road-runner-superbird-richard-petty-car-at-daytona-photo-grainy-fsv-bw-cars-1972879682.jpg

Two door sports coupe
http://www.jacksracephotos.net/09-07-2012-00006.jpg
http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2009/11/05/13/44/1990_ford_thunderbird_2_dr_sc_supercharged_coupe-pic-4487122278125553414.jpeg

It wasn't until the 1990 season with Chevy using the sport to launch the Lumina model that the sport even began to change to Sports Sedans and "Family Cars". NASCAR was about performance cars. Mostly sports coupes. It was a sport built on the contest of hot-rodders and moonshine runners. Who very would not have had much use for momma's family sedan.

It was not a smartass statement as such. But I hope we can be friends, even if you don't like Martinsville ^^;

*walks away munching a virginia hotdog*

Mad Al
13-05-2015, 15:13

Well, it'll definitely be before Half Life 3 comes out.....

Khyber GT
13-05-2015, 16:23
there ain't nothing stock about a stock car

Suburban Coot
13-05-2015, 16:30
Also the Caper Stock cars sound Amazing Btw.

Ixoye56
13-05-2015, 16:41
NASCAR is great, tight and exciting racing, remember Papyrus Nascar games, very great games in its time.

Casey Ringley
13-05-2015, 16:52
We've been doing some very early tests with our Ford Fusion Gen.6 model at various ovals and I think you guys are going to like it a lot. No timeframe set just yet as there is a mountain of work to do both on car and track sides, but I'm extremely happy with how our Seta tire model translates to oval racing. Gives a pretty awesome feeling for the need to balance fast laps against heat & wear effects and how it all changes depending on your choice in race line (low/mid/high).

RacerDude
13-05-2015, 17:24
That's awesome! Any chance of getting more than one manufacturer?

Khyber GT
13-05-2015, 19:33
NASCAR is great, tight and exciting racing, remember Papyrus Nascar games, very great games in its time.

yeah and now it's called iracing lol

We've been doing some very early tests with our Ford Fusion Gen.6 model at various ovals and I think you guys are going to like it a lot. No timeframe set just yet as there is a mountain of work to do both on car and track sides, but I'm extremely happy with how our Seta tire model translates to oval racing. Gives a pretty awesome feeling for the need to balance fast laps against heat & wear effects and how it all changes depending on your choice in race line (low/mid/high).

good you picked the ford, not the silly chevy or toyota!

blacknred81
14-05-2015, 02:39
Ford Fusion Gen.6 .
Wait Wait What? Did SMS actually get an updated Ford License for the Gen 6 Fusion and NOT the box COT 2012 one?

MaXKiLLz
14-05-2015, 02:43
Yes. If you love Nascar, you should definitely consider a membership in iRacing. Nascar is what they do best.

RacerDude
14-05-2015, 14:36
Anyway for you to show any screen shots or videos??

DoodlesSWE
14-05-2015, 15:06
Yeaaaaah, NASCAR..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stzgan_uxlA

Forcedchaos
14-05-2015, 15:57

That is great to hear. Thank you for the reply. So excited!

Krazee DD
14-05-2015, 16:22
I would like to add a name for wanting NASCAR.

Oh man.....:smile-new:

Joethe147
14-05-2015, 17:12
So are we eventually getting both Nascar and Indycar?

Forcedchaos
14-05-2015, 17:14
So are we eventually getting both Nascar and Indycar?

Nascar is a definite yes. Indy car I don't know.

Shinzah
14-05-2015, 17:44
Getting a Gen 6 Fusion stock car. It's not a 'NASCAR' license. It's the vehicle. The 'NASCAR' license is held in exclusivity by another studio.

The developers also have the 2015 Indycar license, though.

JimmyClark
14-05-2015, 18:02
The Nascar physics were just fine in GT6 on the road courses, especially if you had a good setup! The physics for Daytona weren't perfect but it was fine for online racing, the Brickyard was a blast.

RacerDude
14-05-2015, 20:07
I hate gran turismos version of NASCAR. Not having yellow flags or proper rules etc. Not to mention the physics were terrible IMO. I know someone has NASCAR license but I don't think it's exclusive... If so gt5 and 6 wouldn't have it. They said after EA they wouldn't give "exclusive" license anymore

yung1dz
14-05-2015, 20:26
Will there actually be caution flags and and pace laps along with "lucky dogs"??

If not then don't bother...

Neil Bateman
14-05-2015, 20:31
Ok bud just for you we wont bother.

madmax2069
14-05-2015, 20:33
Loved playing dirty nascar in GT5, playing it actually made me a better all around racer in GT5.

yung1dz
14-05-2015, 20:38
Ok bud just for you we wont bother.

Just being honest....
Why have NASCAR if you dont implement the rules of NASCAR

blacknred81
15-05-2015, 00:34
I hate gran turismos version of NASCAR. Not having yellow flags or proper rules etc. Not to mention the physics were terrible IMO. I know someone has NASCAR license but I don't think it's exclusive... If so gt5 and 6 wouldn't have it. They said after EA they wouldn't give "exclusive" license anymore

DMI has the license now (Dont think its exclusive), they got it from ETX, along with all of their assets. Gran Turismo I think has a license but hasn't done anything with it since GT6 launched...

I would like SMS to get a NASCAR license even if it is just a handful of drivers (with the rest of the field being fictional). Which would be cool if they had it along with the Indycar License

Khyber GT
15-05-2015, 00:53
noone said we want RL drivers... we just want the actual nascar cars... camaro, mustang, camry, fusion, ss, tundra, f150, silverado... please and thank you.

blacknred81
15-05-2015, 00:57
noone said we want RL drivers... we just want the actual nascar cars... camaro, mustang, camry, fusion, ss, tundra, f150, silverado... please and thank you.

Well maybe not all the makes or drivers, but since with all the Fords already licensed and the Gen 6 Fusion confirmed. Adding the Xfinity Mustang and the CWTS F-150 would be at least the minimum and it would also give a new career path for the game....

RacerDude
15-05-2015, 02:54
Yeah that would be awesome.

stuf555
16-10-2015, 20:50
Its starting to look like there will be no NASCAR style stock car racing at all. Any news on this?

Inbekannt
16-10-2015, 21:20
You have to be patient. Creating cars, tracks and rules is not that easy and takes a lot of time. And you don't want a unfinished product, I think :P

apexatspeed
16-10-2015, 21:46
And you don't want a unfinished product

Hahaha it is too late for that*

*Disclaimer: I like project cars. Lets not all try and shoot me

CCM
16-10-2015, 22:12
I'm so glad to see there are other Nascar fans playing this game.

There are a Lot of oval/Nascar fans in this game but SMS can care less about them. This is what will happen to your thread. First it will get moved to the oval are coming thread even though there is a countless number of road threads on the forum. Second they will not respond to your post. They have yet to respond to any oval post what so ever regarding ovals. When you come to realize this game is all road and nothing but then im sure you will move on to the next racing game ( Iracing ). SMS has done a terrible job to cater to oval racers and it could be due to the fact they are a European based company. IF they knew anything about marketing which they don't then ovals would be in this game. They also give you teases over a years time that make you have hope but to be honest when you been waiting and waiting and all they say it's coming with know updates or comments it's hard to believe anything they say. All we see is countless road cars, road tracks in the dlc. So again don't get excited about anything you hear from sms regarding ovals in my opinion.

diesel97
16-10-2015, 23:23
Hey shin can i borrow your "broken record"

Shinzah
16-10-2015, 23:28
There are a Lot of oval/Nascar fans in this game but SMS can care less about them. This is what will happen to your thread. First it will get moved to the oval are coming thread even though there is a countless number of road threads on the forum. Second they will not respond to your post. They have yet to respond to any oval post what so ever regarding ovals. When you come to realize this game is all road and nothing but then im sure you will move on to the next racing game ( Iracing ). SMS has done a terrible job to cater to oval racers and it could be due to the fact they are a European based company. IF they knew anything about marketing which they don't then ovals would be in this game. They also give you teases over a years time that make you have hope but to be honest when you been waiting and waiting and all they say it's coming with know updates or comments it's hard to believe anything they say. All we see is countless road cars, road tracks in the dlc. So again don't get excited about anything you hear from sms regarding ovals in my opinion.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Fr1IiIojiqzPG/giphy.gif

Hey shin can i borrow your "broken record"

https://media.giphy.com/media/zVPiOxEsVBDB6/giphy.gif

Speedball
17-10-2015, 05:08
I would actually really like to see Darlington make the cut.

blacknred81
17-10-2015, 06:16
I would actually really like to see Darlington make the cut.

Highly doubt it, most likely the only ovals that will make it are the one we most likely saw in the Pre Builds

Daytona and Indy are already licensed....

Bristol was visually almost complete.....

Dover, Charlotte, Richmond were the only other ovals seen....

There also may be a chance we get the Monza oval in the historic track pack, but I dont bet on it......

Unless SMS made some more under the radar, these are the ovals that will most likely make the game......

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 07:48
..wouldn't doubt against Texas as most of the Charlotte assets can be re-used.

Also wouldn't doubt there's more like maybe Iowa. Getting Indycars but don't have a proper short oval.

Would also be nice to have MIS or Fontana, Martinsville, LVMS, IRP, Talladega and Chicagoland

F2kSel
17-10-2015, 13:52
Martinsville with sticky physics that should be good for a laugh.

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 13:59
Martinsville with sticky physics that should be good for a laugh.

https://media.giphy.com/media/O9IvntBQsqSB2/giphy.gif

mha1012
17-10-2015, 14:19
Who wouldn't want the added bonus of the great road races that come with some of the ovals, ( The Rolex 24) , or in my case (The Rolex 24..Laps)

VanquishedVantage
17-10-2015, 14:29
What about North Wilkesboro?
I've been there once, it's abandoned but it still has the Winston Cup signs and everything.
Brings a tear to my eye, it fell so far, the track was awesome.

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 14:47
What about North Wilkesboro?
I've been there once, it's abandoned but it still has the Winston Cup signs and everything.
Brings a tear to my eye, it fell so far, the track was awesome.

My parents went to the last race there. For some reason it was a popular track for folks in Ontario to go to...

Great track and suggestion too. Also, Rockingham.

Shadowoff
17-10-2015, 15:02
I think Nascar would be great, but if there is a Nascar in game, it also need an oval track ;)

CCM
17-10-2015, 20:26
This is why I don't belive a word SMS says when it comes to content coming to the game. I fill mislead from the get go. To me it seems they just want to tell you what you want to hear to shut you up and by time to make money for whatever else project they are looking for. It's also a shame they lock or delete anything post regarding comments against sms even if it's justified.

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/How-Project-CARS-DLC-programme-sets-a-potentially-dangerous-precedent

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 22:28
This is why I don't belive a word SMS says when it comes to content coming to the game. I fill mislead from the get go. To me it seems they just want to tell you what you want to hear to shut you up and by time to make money for whatever else project they are looking for. It's also a shame they lock or delete anything post regarding comments against sms even if it's justified.

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/How-Project-CARS-DLC-programme-sets-a-potentially-dangerous-precedent

Oh. It's James.

Oh. It's teamvvv.

Are.......are your eyes brown, CCM?

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEdvdaAjN52AgjFHa/giphy.gif

diesel97
17-10-2015, 22:34
nothing to see here , just move along , its just the broken record AGAIN

CCM
17-10-2015, 22:43
When a well respected website gives reviews it''s not a broken record. When a game comes out in beta form and tells you one thing and does another it's not a broken record. You can flame all you want. This link post is still active and is full of miss leading comments that have yet to come true in this game. They refuse to learn from true sim racing games like iracing on how to make a game that has penalties for wreckers in multiplayer and proper flag system. They have yet to comment on ovals or Indy or NASCAR in this game. They bring out one road car after another road car but yet they say Indy is in the works but they have know problem making new cars on a fly to put in the game. I would not be posting the way I do if they would at lease make a announcement on ovals or Indy or NASCAR. But the fact they have not just tells me they can care less about that. Most readers on here are road racers and will always flame but if sms knew anything or did any research in sim racing then there would of been ovals in this game.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 22:46
When a well respected website gives reviews it''s not a broken record. When a game comes out in beta form and tells you one thing and does another it's not a broken record. You can flame all you want. This link post is still active and is full of miss leading comments that have yet to come true in this game. They refuse to learn from true sim racing games like iracing on how to make a game that has penalties for wreckers in multiplayer and proper flag system.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

TeamVVV is a "Well respected website"...?

CCM
17-10-2015, 22:52
IT is in my eyes.

Shinzah
17-10-2015, 22:55
IT is in my eyes.

>Your Eyes
>Your
>Eyes
>Reality doesn't matter
>Everything is a lie

Kay.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Fr1IiIojiqzPG/giphy.gif

CCM
17-10-2015, 23:40
How am I lying it's the facts typed out for everyone to see. Maybe it's you that needs your eyes check. Do you honestly think SMS has been truthful with everything they have said? Can you explain the Indy 500 that was suppose to be in the game during launch? DO you not think this game is only for road racers? Do you not think if SMS knew anything about the American market that this game would of had ovals in the first place? They only have 40 employees working on PCars while the rest are already on pc2. It's a stubborn company that refuses to learn from other popular sim racing games. I wish I could be part of there marketing team cause if i was this game would not be on the decline full of bugs and miss lead comments from sms.

diesel97
17-10-2015, 23:52
I give up CCM you do the same thing at least once a month , start a thread stomp your feet over and over looking to make noise and thats all it is , is noise.

CCM
17-10-2015, 23:59
I said what I wanted to say. I don't post much at all, only when I see a oval thread regarding just that. I have a right to voice my opinion with facts but i don't troll every day. When someone writes a post that won't get answered even though they are asking for a comment from sms I take the time to inform them it won't happen. SMS should make a Oval forum page for us oval racers then you don't have to be bothered with my post regarding such mater.

diesel97
18-10-2015, 00:06
I said what I wanted to say. I don't post much at all, only when I see a oval thread regarding just that. I have a right to voice my opinion with facts but i don't troll every day. When someone writes a post that won't get answered even though they are asking for a comment from sms I take the time to inform them it won't happen. SMS should make a Oval forum page for us oval racers then you don't have to be bothered with my post regarding such mater.

WHAT FACTS ? WHAT QUESTION WOULD YOU (the chosen one ) LIKE SMS TO ANSWER ?

The NASCAR DLC will come out when SMS whants it to and they have never said when any DLC was going to be released. SO that Indy 500 is just you making things up

biggbaddwolf
19-10-2015, 11:18
I wouldn't mind to see a couple NASCAR tracks in PC, mainly Daytona, and Indy, but aren't there any NASCAR games out for the new consoles for the die hard NASCAR lovers that are totally dedicated to NASCAR?

Raven403
19-10-2015, 11:27
When a well respected website gives reviews it''s not a broken record. When a game comes out in beta form and tells you one thing and does another it's not a broken record. You can flame all you want. This link post is still active and is full of miss leading comments that have yet to come true in this game. They refuse to learn from true sim racing games like iracing on how to make a game that has penalties for wreckers in multiplayer and proper flag system. They have yet to comment on ovals or Indy or NASCAR in this game. They bring out one road car after another road car but yet they say Indy is in the works but they have know problem making new cars on a fly to put in the game. I would not be posting the way I do if they would at lease make a announcement on ovals or Indy or NASCAR. But the fact they have not just tells me they can care less about that. Most readers on here are road racers and will always flame but if sms knew anything or did any research in sim racing then there would of been ovals in this game.

So you cant have a sim racer without ovals? I'd say 'Are your kidding" but I know your not because you don't SHUT up about it. If all you want to race on is Ovals why did you get the game, instead of just continuing to play a NASCAR title. Just cuz your impatient as all hell and can't wait anymore for Ovals and Indycar DLC doesnt mean it isnt on its way. Now go run around in circles in your living room or something and let it go

Del Zotto x82x
20-10-2015, 20:18
So you cant have a sim racer without ovals? I'd say 'Are your kidding" but I know your not because you don't SHUT up about it. If all you want to race on is Ovals why did you get the game, instead of just continuing to play a NASCAR title. Just cuz your impatient as all hell and can't wait anymore for Ovals and Indycar DLC doesnt mean it isnt on its way. Now go run around in circles in your living room or something and let it go

Harsh Raven, Harsh

Knightfall
20-10-2015, 21:39
Watched the videos on his "respected website" he listed just to make sure I could understand where he was coming from. Looks like this guy is worried about how the game effects the 1% of people that have custom race rigs. At 1:02 of the Mojave video, he complains about not having triple screen support.

This game not having ovals in it (yet, mind you) led to this:

How am I lying it's the facts typed out for everyone to see. Maybe it's you that needs your eyes check. Do you honestly think SMS has been truthful with everything they have said? Can you explain the Indy 500 that was suppose to be in the game during launch? DO you not think this game is only for road racers? Do you not think if SMS knew anything about the American market that this game would of had ovals in the first place? They only have 40 employees working on PCars while the rest are already on pc2. It's a stubborn company that refuses to learn from other popular sim racing games. I wish I could be part of there marketing team cause if i was this game would not be on the decline full of bugs and miss lead comments from sms.

For the record, I haven't been misled by this company at any time, ever. That includes the two delays the game faced before launch, as being "mislead" is NOT EVEN CLOSE to the same thing.

Also for the record, I am in the American market he references, and while I want ovals in the game, it wasn't even close to the top for priorities.

Paulo Ribeiro
21-10-2015, 08:53

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4117/4875917683_bd754b096f.jpg

Raven403
21-10-2015, 11:29
Harsh Raven, Harsh

But True. If someone is SOOOOOOO committed to Sim Racing on Ovals, then instead of spending 60 bucks on a game that doesnt have Ovals and rolling around on the floor crying about it, then Go out, get a mid level gaming PC and pay for iRacing. If your THAT dead set on it, if thats ALL you want to do, then do what you have to do to get it. Instead you buy a game blindly obviously, because you didnt know there were no Ovals, and proceed to complain, FOR 5 F****ng MONTHS that it doesnt have what you want, thats the TEXTBOOK definition of insanity you realize that?? So either MOVE ON and go get iRacing and bask in all the Ovals Sim glory, or keep staring at the Screen in the Dark waiting for them to come to Pcars, just STOP coming in here and posting BS like you were lied too, and Oh its been 5 months they must not be coming at all! Even though we're only halfway through the first year of the support plan by the Devs! Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Walther9mm
21-10-2015, 11:49
WHAT FACTS ? WHAT QUESTION WOULD YOU (the chosen one ) LIKE SMS TO ANSWER ?

The NASCAR DLC will come out when SMS whants it to and they have never said when any DLC was going to be released. SO that Indy 500 is just you making things up

To be fair, the link CCM provided does state that IMS and Indy Cars would be in the SIM. Not sure if it stated when they would be included. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the oval content came out all at once. Maybe when the tire model is fully developed. Guess we will see.

I love ovals and road and barely have time for the current content, but still would love more. The problem for NASCAR and IndyCar fans is, there is virtually nowhere to go. iRacing is great, but there is no AI to race against in a career mode.

TrevorAustin
21-10-2015, 11:59

Oh god, why don't you just go and play another game, it's rubbish and you don't believe them! so it's never going to happen in your opinion, so just move on. Why are you still here? Just to moan?

TrevorAustin
21-10-2015, 12:01

But there is never going to be oval racing in P Cars, you've decided so.............

TrevorAustin
21-10-2015, 12:03
But True. If someone is SOOOOOOO committed to Sim Racing on Ovals, then instead of spending 60 bucks on a game that doesnt have Ovals and rolling around on the floor crying about it, then Go out, get a mid level gaming PC and pay for iRacing. If your THAT dead set on it, if thats ALL you want to do, then do what you have to do to get it. Instead you buy a game blindly obviously, because you didnt know there were no Ovals, and proceed to complain, FOR 5 F****ng MONTHS that it doesnt have what you want, thats the TEXTBOOK definition of insanity you realize that?? So either MOVE ON and go get iRacing and bask in all the Ovals Sim glory, or keep staring at the Screen in the Dark waiting for them to come to Pcars, just STOP coming in here and posting BS like you were lied too, and Oh its been 5 months they must not be coming at all! Even though we're only halfway through the first year of the support plan by the Devs! Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

ah, well that would be because he's either banned from iracing or people won't race him due to his tactics, iirc

LukeWoody
21-10-2015, 12:04
I hope Nascar and ovals don't make it. Its so boring.

As has been discussed by many others, I Would love to see more emphasis on touring cars for a bit now.

NemethR
21-10-2015, 12:08
Get me ovals with roadcourses, but I don't care about Nascar :)

t0daY
12-11-2015, 22:42
Even this game had ovals... #kappa #disappointed #:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbTTARuMBE

Alex Hobbs
12-11-2015, 22:45
Even this game had ovals... #kappa #disappointed #:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMbTTARuMBE

/s

The way that guy's overtaking everything, clearly using 0 camber glitch :/