PDA

View Full Version : Should I Be Concerned?

Helmethead1031
12-05-2015, 00:40
I've been looking forward to this game for months. I preordered it....now less than 14hrs until I get my hands on it, I seem to be reading constant threads regarding bugs, graphics not up to par, replay visuals lacking, etc. Should I be concerned? I still plan on picking it up tomorrow, but I have to admit my excitement has slightly diminished after reading some threads. Admittedly, some of the gripes seem down right rediculous but others seem legit. Is it possible the game was truly released too early or are some people's expectations unrealistic?

TenthDan
12-05-2015, 01:17
Which platform are you picking it up on?

PC and PS4 are working pretty well.

XB1 has some issues at the moment, but they'll hopefully be patched before long. I've read that reinstalling, NOT allowing the update to install at the same time and installing it after the game install finishes prevents the controller issue.

Aside the bugs at the moment, people seem to be genuinely impressed with the game itself across the board, so if you can ride out the teething period it'll be well worth it :)

Helmethead1031
12-05-2015, 01:21
I'm on PS4. I will be using a T100 wheel....I hope I can get the T100 to work without too many issues. Regardless of the bugs, I'm looking forward to the game

BigDipper
12-05-2015, 01:26
I'm on ps4 as well and accept for 1 glitch I haven't had a problem. Have too say that I have been in practice mode getting the hang of it.
I'm new to racing but I really love this game.

accujimmy
12-05-2015, 01:45
Is the handling a real issue on a controller? I'm not fond of racing wheels, or at least have never used one on a console that worked for me. I'm patient, so I'm concerned that the complaints I'm reading here are just whiners.

NudeUp
12-05-2015, 02:28
Is the handling a real issue on a controller? I'm not fond of racing wheels, or at least have never used one on a console that worked for me. I'm patient, so I'm concerned that the complaints I'm reading here are just whiners.

You'll be fine with the controller. The handling is not arcade, so don't expect to slide around every corner flat out. First laps when the tyres are cold are the really dicey part, but once they're all warmed up, its pretty easy to keep the car on track if you concentrate.

BigDipper
12-05-2015, 02:34
Depending on your overall gaming skills it can be a steep learning curve. I'm 40 and the first day my only goal is to stay on track but now I'm setting times. Not as fast as my younger gaming buddy's but still.
take your time, choose a track that's not to difficult and a car that handles easy (I like the gt3 BMW m3 it's forgiving)
Drive 10/20 laps and change the controller settings again drive 20 laps and adjust.also file with the view a bit.
Normally I drive bumper cam but now I use view inside the car.

accujimmy
12-05-2015, 03:19
Alright then, thanks for replying. I will march confidently into my Gamestop tomorrow and get my preorder. I took Wednesday off to play this sucker, so I'm hoping for the best. I got Assetto Corsa on Steam because I was jonesing for a racing game, and its a bit much for me. It's fun but so unforgiving that I don't play it. I'm hoping PCars is just a little friendlier. It's got to be better than the OTHER racing choice on PS4. Right?

BigDipper
12-05-2015, 03:21
What other choice?
;)

HeeseyChelmet
12-05-2015, 07:41
Don't worry, its fantastic. Yes you'll probably hate the default settings but tweak them and drive the cars as you would on a track day/ realife. Don't expect them to drive like previous titles that are more of an arcade racer and you'll have a great time. Having said that, as with all things, there are a few bugs and known issues which take the shine off it but overall, well worth the wait and can only get better

DozUK
12-05-2015, 09:28
The controller is fine, the leaderboards prove this as they show what device the time was set with

Oh, and the game is really good

Revvin
12-05-2015, 09:38
I have it on all three formats and not really experienced any of the crashes or issues posted. played the PS4 version mostly at the weekend with friends online and it was solid and stable although one of my friends has a T500 wheel and it has a strange bug which I believe is being fixed in a patch since TM acknowledged it, one of my other friends has a T300 and it works great apparently.

Remember that people who are experiencing problems are far more likely to post about it online and tell everyone of their bad experience its just human nature, those without issues are far less likely to spend time telling everyone how much fun they are having or how great the product may be. Seeing criticism and complaints online shouldn't necessarily give you cause for concern and the fact SMS is not trying to hid the issues or delete threads criticising them or the game is a testament to their commitment to helping those with issues and standing by their game.

SL1DE
12-05-2015, 10:24
There's no reason to be concerned. I have it on PS4 and haven't had anything go wrong. It's fantastic.

It's just a minority of users who happen to be giant sooks.

Helmethead1031
12-05-2015, 10:31
Thanks for the replies. The day is finally here in the States so I will be able to form my own opinion after work. Looking forward to logging many laps later today.

Feetabix
12-05-2015, 10:41
Enjoy........it has got some issues......I forgot all about them whilst dialling in opposite lock at 120mph over a crest at the Nurburgring, V8 pinging off the limiter...... trying to pick a braking point without flat spotting my tyres.......my mrs texting me from upstairs to turn the sound down.......me howling with laughter in the dark......:friendly_wink:

The physics engine is great.......the sim will only get better!..... Have a good time!......

IrideGravity
13-05-2015, 23:22
someone who hates asseto corsa because it's to hard using a remote may not like this game either. Same type of sim?
But I,like many others, am overlooking the flaws in this game for now because of the all out joy in the physics engine when driving. I honestly get excited and whoop and holler at things that are happening. Edge of my seat excitement at times. I'd say it's a can't miss, except for the fact that you don't like asseto corsa. I imagine this game is as difficult.

fezzz69
13-05-2015, 23:28
its good put the ai at a low setting setting and build from there

Helmethead1031
14-05-2015, 00:00
Thanks for all replies. Loving the game so far. Only issue is trying to get the ffb settings correct on my t100. I'm getting there. These forums have been very helpful