PDA

View Full Version : hears one for you tech heads....... installing the game...

jam1uk
12-05-2015, 02:00
I am now trying to install the game on xbox one for the fourth time to try and put my mind to rest about previous installs,

First install,
update came up imediately and install started, it wasnt to long before i could play, full install took 30 mins i started to play before install wzs complete, it only let me drive an LMP car on practise i think all other choices were lockedthen when install was finished it let me play the whole game and i started with the karts noticeing straight away there was a problem. Checked forums and did the usual deadzone to zero and then the re install

Second install
I let the machine go and watched TV and re checked periodically, 4 hours later i gave up and stopped the install and also noticed my internet was slow but uninstalled and started again.

Third install,
Again started the install and let the machine go and again kept and eye on it, it started off fast but when it got to 27/28% it slowed down but i also noticed my internet was really slow, i paused the install and my internet went back up. I had togo out so turned xbox off and let it download while i was away. I rang my service provider and they did a few things to check my internet and i was getting over 11 meg

Fourth install
Unhappy with a few things and not sure if previous installs had gone correctly i decided to uninstall and re install before i went to bed which i did, i waited to see how it started and again it went to 28% quite quicklythen slowed down, off to bed i went with my tablet and decided to go on i player to watch a show before sleep, i qickly realised something was wrong, buffering went on for ages, i waited but i kept stopping so thought i would check... its 2am so i should be getting good speeds at this time of the morning surly, i turned on the xbox and did a speed test, the same as the other day i was getting 0.82 meg ... strange i should be only installjng not downloading.. and if i was downloading the update its been goin g for about 30 mins now so that should be done, so i pause the install and re check my speed, 11mbps again, start the install and im back to 0.82 or there abouts again i do the test again and the same result.
Is there something im mixsinv or dont know?... why does installing the game swallow my internet?

hewd
12-05-2015, 04:22
Install offline, then update.

Apparently the game downloads instead of installing from the disc if you try to reinstall while being online.

jam1uk
12-05-2015, 08:34
Install offline, then update.

Apparently the game downloads instead of installing from the disc if you try to reinstall while being online.

Really?.... WTF!.... that would explain my internet usage i guess, cant understand why it would do that, this game on xbox is truely screwed up in my opinion.

Siberian Tiger
12-05-2015, 08:49
SMS is working together with Microsoft to resolve this Issue.

It seems that when the Game installs it allready loads the D1P. And this can cause Problems.

Do it like hewd said:

Install it Offline, then Update Game Online...

jam1uk
12-05-2015, 09:06

It seems that when the Game installs it allready loads the D1P. And this can cause Problems.

Do it like hewd said:

Thanks for your explaination, ive not a clue what D1P is but i see what your saying,

As an update
this morning ive turned on the XBOX to check it installed and my game reads as 8.5 GB... where as before it was reading as 8.4 GB.. mmmmm..... think i will try the game out before goi g for another install straight away...

thisisbleep
12-05-2015, 09:08
D1P = Day one patch

jam1uk
12-05-2015, 09:18
D1P = Day one patch

Of course..... silly me... thought it was some techy jargon :watermelon:

ksims816
12-05-2015, 18:37

Do it like hewd said:

how do I install it off line and update game online? I think I have the d1p as the game uses 18.1g. Not trolling here, im just bad with this stuff

thisisbleep
13-05-2015, 03:21
how do I install it off line and update game online? I think I have the d1p as the game uses 18.1g. Not trolling here, im just bad with this stuff

You do not have the patch if your install is 18.1 GB, you need to hard reset the console by holding down the power button until it turns off and the light on the power brick will turn orange.

If you do not connect to the Xbox Live service when installing it will only install the game from the disc and then when you connect to Xbox Live afterwards it will ask you to install the patch. If you install whilst connected to Xbox Live it will install the game and patches at the same time, and in this case it does not install the patch for some people.