PDA

View Full Version : How to stop revving when moving off from neutral?

ahmad0420
12-05-2015, 04:22
As above. How do I stop it from revving instead up all the way and then moving off?

wuadeq
12-05-2015, 05:12
...by using clutch pedal ;)

ahmad0420
13-05-2015, 02:43
Anyone?

RJ_Whitlock_556
13-05-2015, 04:30
Anyone?

Shift...

ahmad0420
13-05-2015, 06:02
Its revs even in gear 1. I can't be the only one who is seeing this, right?

pa_pinkelman
13-05-2015, 06:22
The best way to start with the controller or when not using a clutchpedal:

Apply and hold the brake
Put car in first gear
A second before last row turns green give full revs with brakes still applied
When lights go green release brake...

When timed right you will have a great start. Off course with the more powerfull cars and no TC you will have to feather the throttle more. Also a shortshift to second gear can help in that case.

IrideGravity
13-05-2015, 06:24

I have noticed you have to match the revs after a spin out and selection of a new gear from neutral. Regardless of its reverse or 1st. It won't allow you to because engaging clutch at high revs just wouldn't work in real life. Especially if your still going backward. I imagine once you let off throttle, eventually you get going? You have to carefully select gear and throttle out slower from a complete stop. Can't just slam accelerator wide open and dump the clutch while moving backwards. They very much are simulating the way a car in reverse has to come to a COMPLETE STOP to select new forward gear.
Does it only happen after a loss of control and need for neutral & reverse?

HeeseyChelmet
13-05-2015, 07:25

You're not. I get this and it's right. Don't pin the throttle all the way, feather it. Try pulling away in 2nd. That's a good tactic in some cars but again, giving it the beans all the time you'll light the wheels up. Think about a real car, you don't have your foot flat in neutural then select 1st and let the clutch go do you?

dwalldorf
13-05-2015, 07:42
Put in the first gear, hold the brake and rev up, let go of the brake, don't spin.