PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster TX with Ferrari F1 rim

ApexReplicas
12-05-2015, 04:58
I searched around but couldn't find this discussed anywhere so thought I'd post.

I have the Thrustmaster TX with the Ferrari F1 add-on rim but the game only seems to recognise the wheel as the standard 458 wheel. This causes issues as the F1 rim has so many more buttons than the standard rim you can't map them to do all the things you need as one button on the standard wheel is mapped the same as three or four buttons on the F1 rim.

Does anyone know if there are any ways to change the settings so the game recognises the F1 rim and each button can be mapped individually?

mkstatto
12-05-2015, 05:59
I have the same setup, i believe its a Xbox one issue as it just recognises a TX. With regards to buttons its the same issue as with the standard TX, they are looking into it.

NinjaWizard
12-05-2015, 08:06
It may have more buttons but it wont use anymore than a controller has so you will have a buttons that do same thing. Unless developers are able add extra controls depending what wheel you have, but iv not seen a xbox game do that yet. Here is link to what all the buttons are assigned to:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=12&fid=83&pid=366&cid=9

itakethepics
12-05-2015, 08:19
Yeah i used the F1 wheel too. Shame you can't map all the buttons as that would be wicked!

I've mapped it so the DRS and KERS both work to the right buttons on the wheel, then added the handbrake to be down on the dpad (coz when would you use it anyway). Seems to work so far, just need to configure the switches on it for TCS etc if you like to have a switchable system for rain etc.

ApexReplicas
13-05-2015, 03:03
Thanks for the response everyone. Makes sense that the system can't respond to more controls than the controller has but I find it strange that both d-pads are linked when the controller has two d-pad's plus the directional buttons. Seems the wheel has less controls than the controller.

Hopefully they do look into it like mksatatto said and get is sorted soon. It'd be great to be able to map each button individually.

Still very happy with the game though. I've been getting used to my new T3PA-Pro pedals and TH8A shifter over the last couple of days. Going to take some adjusting but I do enjoy the extra challenge and realism the clutch and shifter bring.