PDA

View Full Version : Race Engineer PS4 Steering wheel

Danno
12-05-2015, 06:29
I'm assuming the race engineer speaks through the standard PS4 controller speaker. How about when using a steering wheel?? I'm not hearing any race engineer.

Siberian Tiger
12-05-2015, 06:42
The Dev's are allready Aware of this Issue.
Soon there will be an Option to let the Race Engineer Speak trough your TV/AV Speaker.

thegt500
12-05-2015, 06:44
I'd like to be able to have the option to have the race engineer speech overlayed the normal game sound rather than just the DS4. I too use a wheel (T300), and its annoying to just see the speech 'bubble' appear on screen. Its especially annoying as I use a TurtleBeach headset so even if there was the option to have the DS4 and wheel at the same time, I'd still not hear the engineer.

Danno
12-05-2015, 07:08
Cheers ST

alegunner68
12-05-2015, 09:32
I hear him through my tv and headphones. I don't know why you're not hearing him, i power up on the console and press the ps button on the wheel, leaving the ds4 off. Maybe the ds4 sound then defaults to speakers?

dwalldorf
12-05-2015, 10:11
I hear him through my tv and headphones. I don't know why you're not hearing him, i power up on the console and press the ps button on the wheel, leaving the ds4 off. Maybe the ds4 sound then defaults to speakers?

I can't test it right now but I think its the same for me. If I never turn on the controller, the engineer voice will come from my tv. Not 100% sure though

Mascot
12-05-2015, 10:24
The Dev's are allready Aware of this Issue.
Soon there will be an Option to let the Race Engineer Speak trough your TV/AV Speaker.

...and HOPEFULLY through the PS4 headset as an option too? That would be the most lucid, appropriate and atmospheric place, IMO.

There's no PS button on Fanatec wheels, though. The wheel only becomes active AFTER pCARS has started, so the DS4 is still used for the PS button functions. Seems this makes the engineer come through the DS4 speaker only.

dwalldorf
12-05-2015, 11:04
There's no PS button on Fanatec wheels, though. The wheel only becomes active AFTER pCARS has started, so the DS4 is still used for the PS button functions. Seems this makes the engineer come through the DS4 speaker only.

Even though this is a little frustrating, but when holding the PS button and scrolling through the options, you can manually shut down the controller. But I don't know if you can navigate ingame using your wheel?