PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for the bugs to be ironed out

sergiumtz
12-05-2015, 06:31
At first I was a bit upset (Xbox One user here). Steering is broken, some settings too.

But this game has TONS of potential and if that requires me to pay my 50 pounds for it so the devs can work as hard as they can to deliver the best possible game, so be it.

PEOPLE, we need to be patient with SMS here. They will give us the best sim out there, so bear with them and support them. No one will die waiting 1-2 more months until the game is great. Stop with the negativity and wait a bit longer. Sure, you paid for a product and it's not EXACTLY what you expected. But then again, we pay tons of cash on shit/average games year in, year out. pCars will be great, I have no doubts about this.

To all the devs, move your asses and don't stop until you sort it out. We trust you'll deliver what you said you will.

Siberian Tiger
12-05-2015, 06:41
You can be sure that SMS is working there Asses off to fix the most annoyings Bugs. (Like Controller Input on XboxOne)
The first Patch is allready in the Hands of the Publisher, and Need to go now trough Firstparty (MS/Sony) approval.

In the 3 Years Developement the Dev's had always an open ear and where Fixing Bugs fast.

sergiumtz
12-05-2015, 07:01
Music to my ears! I trust you guys and I would rather pay you and wait some more for a great game than pay to a major studio that only cares about visuals and marketing.

Paul Swanepoel
12-05-2015, 19:23
Like the Tiger says, SMS is on the case - they have been brilliant at bug fixing during the development phase, and they have honestly committed themselves to long term support on Project CARS too. Soon you and also the other XBOX one races will be grinning from ear to ear !

MaXyM
12-05-2015, 22:25
Really? So how you explain, that bugs existing for whole 3 years of development are still present in released product?
I'm quite tolerant for a hype, but this is too much. You are going to cross thin border between confabulation and lie.

Disposable_Hero
12-05-2015, 23:06
Really? So how you explain, that bugs existing for whole 3 years of development are still present in released product?
I'm quite tolerant for a hype, but this is too much. You are going to cross thin border between confabulation and lie.
In short: because the code from 3 years ago doesn't exist anymore!

Ixoye56
12-05-2015, 23:23
I will lay low and wait for the patch before I start my career, I will do a completely fresh installation when the patch is released, in the meantime, I will be busy with examine all options that the game offers, this alone will take me a week.

MaXyM
12-05-2015, 23:42
In short: because the code from 3 years ago doesn't exist anymore!

...but bugs remain? Looks like some one has put a lot of effort to replace whole code leaving bugs unfixed. Or you don't know what you are talking about.

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 06:48

Same wrong assumption that the longer a bug is present, the higher the chance it will be resolved, and no bug should stay in the game forever.

You've been part of WMD for a long time, you should have picked up in that time how game development works and what its limitations are. Some bugs won't be solved because they're minor. Some bugs are not game-breaking and will be resolved post-release. It's a matter of time, resources, priorities and possible impact on other things in the game. The simplistic view of "it's been in the game for so long, it should have been solved by now" just isn't how game development reality works.

Thomas Heineman
13-05-2015, 07:01
Many of the bugs were not noticable in development and have shown themself when released and the userbase has grown. Mainly multiplayer issues though.

Doctor Doom
13-05-2015, 07:25
Why don't the complainers simply learn the game and do hot laps on small servers. There are servers where there is no races or competition. Fastest lap times yes but drive enough laps until you get tired of complaining.

MaXyM
13-05-2015, 07:42
Same wrong assumption that the longer a bug is present, the higher the chance it will be resolved, and no bug should stay in the game forever.

You've been part of WMD for a long time, you should have picked up in that time how game development works and what its limitations are. Some bugs won't be solved because they're minor. Some bugs are not game-breaking and will be resolved post-release. It's a matter of time, resources, priorities and possible impact on other things in the game. The simplistic view of "it's been in the game for so long, it should have been solved by now" just isn't how game development reality works.

Hi Remco.
Yes, I understand all constraints and I'm OK with them. I was arguing against particular statement put by Siberian Tiger. That's all.