PDA

View Full Version : No imperial units in tuning? why not?

markers
12-05-2015, 06:41
title says it all

Elmo
12-05-2015, 06:44
Because it makes setup sharing a pain in the neck :)

markers
12-05-2015, 06:51

that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard...

Seps1974
12-05-2015, 09:12

It's not dumb, it makes sense.

PPiDrive
15-05-2015, 03:10

It's not dumb, it makes sense.

How exactly does it make sense? Maybe I just don't understand, but how does allowing Imperial units make sharing easier? Wouldn't it make sharing more difficult if some players used Imperial Units whereas others used Metric Units? Like this, everyone has to use Metric Units so sharing tunes seems like it would be much easier.

If anything, it makes tuning more difficult for those unfamiliar or not used to using certain units.

blowfishrulez
15-05-2015, 04:12
Have you american guys ever heard about SI (Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units))?

The unit of a Force by definition is (N)ewton. Newton is defined as mass*gravitational constant which is defined as kg* 9,81 m/sē. Torque is defined as N*m. All of these are METRIC units and every american scientist will tell you that these are the ONLY units internationally acceptable for exchanging scientific information.

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrication_in_the_United_States):

"Although all U.S. customary units have been redefined in terms of SI units, the United States does not commonly mandate the use of SI. This, according to the CIA Factbook, makes the US one of only three countries, alongside Myanmar (Burma) and Liberia, that have not adopted the metric system as their official system of weights and measures."

SMS may or may not introduce conversion for you guys, but i don't think its a priority right now.

Ch1ps N Queso
15-05-2015, 04:42

HEF51
15-05-2015, 06:06
Telemetry is converted so I cant see why tuning cant be either.