PDA

View Full Version : Will the apps come available for use with Xbox One?

LextersQuest
12-05-2015, 06:48
Was looking for app that i can use on android. Small dashboard that i could mount on my wheel.
But it seems that they dont work with Xbox One.(or ps4):(

Siberian Tiger
12-05-2015, 06:51
If Microsoft or Sony would straight allow it. -> Yes.

But sadly it seems that rather Sony nor Microsoft does like API Communications on there Consoles.

mkstatto
12-05-2015, 07:31

But sadly it seems that rather Sony nor Microsoft does like API Communications on there Consoles.

What does the Battlefield 4 app use for when it connects to tablet on Xbox One?

LextersQuest
12-05-2015, 07:47

Yes thats to bad, so only for pc users. I thought i saw a video off someone playing forza with an app on his phone but must be mistaking then.
Ill have a look on thrustmaster site to see if theres a wheel out with some extra displays on it.

itakethepics
12-05-2015, 09:08
would be so good to mount my phone to the wheel so you get a live rev limiter. Maybe its time to build a beast PC.

Scav3nger
12-05-2015, 09:15
I didn't really keep up with development in this area, was anything seriously discussed about how Smart Glass could be used in that area?

ItchyBear
12-05-2015, 09:31
What does the Battlefield 4 app use for when it connects to tablet on Xbox One?

..cold hard cash mate - publisher relationships with AAA titles and you can do what you like (within reason)... after market 3rd party APIs don't generate the 1st parties any revenue :/

the more I console game, the more I start to resent Sony/Microsoft for their greed and restrictive practices ...no APIs ...no multiplayer lobbies ...delayed release of updates ... it's frustrating to say the least :/

MysterG
12-05-2015, 09:32
Hopefully the apparent resurgence of PC gaming will at some point make them think.

momotaone
12-05-2015, 09:45
..cold hard cash mate - publisher relationships with AAA titles and you can do what you like (within reason)... after market 3rd party APIs don't generate the 1st parties any revenue :/

the more I console game, the more I start to resent Sony/Microsoft for their greed and restrictive practices ...no APIs ...no multiplayer lobbies ...delayed release of updates ... it's frustrating to say the least :/

Stop! No Multiplayer lobbys is a Microsoft Special not a Sony-Problem. Please talk about facts! On PS4 we can use the Multiplayer Lobbys and it works!
Microsoft is the bigger problem in this business. With the target of getting over Sony, they try everything. This leads to the special rules, problems and restrictions, we now know. There is no technical limitation, what will explain this restrictions. It's just political Microsoft Business rules.
I liked the first Xbox, I really liked it. But what Microsoft is doing to the console market is like: If we won't win it, we'll destroy it!

LextersQuest
12-05-2015, 16:43
would be so good to mount my phone to the wheel so you get a live rev limiter. Maybe its time to build a beast PC.

If i want to take simracing serious i will have to. But how much would like you say a beast pc cost?