PDA

View Full Version : BMW Z4 GT3 - Nordschleife - tires cool down

OppaErich
12-05-2015, 06:59
Hi,

I'm anything but a setup expert. When I try to tune a car I end up with an non drivable piece of crap. With stock setup the tires cool down during the first lap. Any tips ?

Stephan

Siberian Tiger
12-05-2015, 07:08
Nordschleife with it's Highspeed Sections, does indeed cool down the tires.

But just drive further, i think you mean this according to the "normal" HUD, there the Tires will turn into Blue if they goes under 80°.

However in the Telemetry Hud you can see that the Tires are also Green at under 80°. (Telemetry is far more detailed than the "normal" HUD)

So no Need to adjust Setup for keeping the Tires in working Window.

OppaErich
12-05-2015, 07:19
At first the front turns blue, then the back and grip fades away on the front. This is done in time trial.

Thanks,
Stephan

Fred Bull
12-05-2015, 08:04
Hallo OppaErich,

der schnellste und unkritischste Weg zu etwas mehr Temp. auf der Vorderachse ist
- etwas weniger Luftdruck
-Vorspur: etwas mehr in den Minusbereich= mehr Reibung, mehr Stabilität, leichteres Einlenken
Achtung: aber bei zuviel Sturz auch schnell Übersteuern, höherer Verschleiß, kritisches Verhalten beim Tailbreaking!

Ferner sind für Aufheizen und Verschleiß deine Dämpfer (hier Rebound) EXTREM verantwortlich!

So könnte man noch tausend Worte mehr schreiben, aber hier ist Try and Error angesagt; Deinen Fahrstil und davon abhängige Faktoren kannst nur Du anpassen;)

Viel Spass!

Blackvault
12-05-2015, 08:06
Hallo OppaErich,

der schnellste und unkritischste Weg zu etwas mehr Temp. auf der Vorderachse ist
- etwas weniger Luftdruck
-Vorspur: etwas mehr in den Minusbereich= mehr Reibung, mehr Stabilität, leichteres Einlenken
Achtung: aber bei zuviel Sturz auch schnell Übersteuern, höherer Verschleiß, kritisches Verhalten beim Tailbreaking!

Ferner sind für Aufheizen und Verschleiß deine Dämpfer (hier Rebound) EXTREM verantwortlich!

So könnte man noch tausend Worte mehr schreiben, aber hier ist Try and Error angesagt; Deinen Fahrstil und davon abhängige Faktoren kannst nur Du anpassen;)

Viel Spass!

English only please. If your English isn't very good, feel free to run it through a translator :)

Thanks,

Pete

Fred Bull
12-05-2015, 08:13
Hi Pete,
sorry 'bout this 'Fault' but I thougt (know) Oppa is a German and I took (for me too) the easiest way for an answer.

Greetings to Ireland, maybe we'll meet in Ballyshannon at Rory Gallager Festival;)

Blackvault
12-05-2015, 08:18
Hi Pete,
sorry 'bout this 'Fault' but I thougt (know) Oppa is a German and I took (for me too) the easiest way for an answer.

Greetings to Ireland, maybe we'll meet in Ballyshannon at Rory Gallager Festival;)

No problem Fred.

Even though I love Rory Gallagher and live about an hour away from Ballyshannon, I've never been to the festival. I might go some year :)

Pete

Fred Bull
12-05-2015, 09:56
What a shame Pete - -but you are strong enough to talk about it, and I'm sure that we'll find a way that Y can cross the border:chargrined:

OppaErich
12-05-2015, 10:06
Rory Gallager, didn't he die young in the 70s ? Saw him live once when I was young...

Thanks, will try when I'm back home,
Stephan

PS: The tire pressure was lowered but only by 0,05 bar/hPa.

OppaErich
13-05-2015, 11:29
So I lowered the tire pressure by another 0,15 and softened any 'slow' damper by one tick. Tires stay warm if I push hard and the car has more grip but could be used as a baby rocker, boy is that 'bouncy'. :)