PDA

View Full Version : I admit " I was wrong"

Gamer1963
12-05-2015, 07:21
Before the weekend I posted a rather harsh post on this forum about how bad this game game are. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22132-Not-impressed-at-all-!/page10). However after much tweeking of FF and other aspect in setup (there are a lot of them :p) I now really enjoy it despite some graphical glitches like that the game freezes sometimes so I have to restart my xBox, some textures missing here and there and the framedrop on some tracks. I still have a issue with the handling of the roadcars that in my opinion have way to soft suspension but I can now see that there is a great sim under there, that after some patches would shine like a star :) I would also like to thank the dev team that take their customers seriously and come with feedback on progress of patches and quickfixes. This is something other dev team should learn from :rolleyes:

So keep up the good work and sometime in the future we will enjoy a almost perfect sim on xBox One and other platforms :)

Mittsy555
12-05-2015, 07:33
Hi bud kind words indeed I too hated the bloody game last Friday but after much tinkering I am now competitive still needs a desperate patch fix on the xb1 for the controller/steering issue and as I stated in my welcome post pcars could be the classic all race fans around the world are itching for.

Letmeloose
12-05-2015, 07:49
Agreed!
Was a little worried with my pre purchase after reading so many negative comments all over the net, but now that I have finally had my chance to race, boy am I happy with my purchase descision.
Yes it need a little work, but I have not had so much fun with a racing game as I have had with my short time with it so far.
If you love racing, you owe it to yourself to own this little gem!

Joris GvK
12-05-2015, 07:58
Before the weekend I posted a rather harsh post on this forum about how bad this game game are. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22132-Not-impressed-at-all-!/page10). However after much tweeking of FF and other aspect in setup (there are a lot of them :p) I now really enjoy it despite some graphical glitches like that the game freezes sometimes so I have to restart my xBox, some textures missing here and there and the framedrop on some tracks. I still have a issue with the handling of the roadcars that in my opinion have way to soft suspension but I can now see that there is a great sim under there, that after some patches would shine like a star :) I would also like to thank the dev team that take their customers seriously and come with feedback on progress of patches and quickfixes. This is something other dev team should learn from :rolleyes:

So keep up the good work and sometime in the future we will enjoy a almost perfect sim on xBox One and other platforms :)

It takes a lot of courage to say so open on a public forum that you where wrong. Respect for you my friend. :D

MysterG
12-05-2015, 08:13
I imagine many more people will be thinking the same over the coming days, whether they admit it of course is a different matter.

Glad you've turned the corner and are having fun now. :D

Gamer1963
12-05-2015, 08:18
It takes a lot of courage to say so open on a public forum that you where wrong. Respect for you my friend. :D

I'm old enough to admit that I am wrong sometimes and when I criticizes in that manor I felt that this was the least I could do. The game is not perfect but that it was so bad that I gave the impression of in my angry post is wrong. I played a little with my friend online yesterday and I sat with a big smile all the time and that is what it's all about. Really enjoy the sim and have fun with your friends :)

espresso74
12-05-2015, 09:35
You looked so small inn my rearview mirror that im thinking of buying a new 50inch and use it as mirror only. .. lol,, no, great fun, for the record, i was the small thing in his mirror!

The game dont work properly right now, but I belive mr ian and co, when they say a patch will fix it. When did you see turn10 answer their fans in this manner. ..

N30n117
12-05-2015, 11:35
Admittedly last Friday I was pretty annoyed, the game being literally unplayable. Put about 4hours driving just to get it
Manageable now, while its no where near perfect it's certainly improved, took a lot of tweaking though.
The steering issue on controller is still bad, some corners (especially cambered bends) are almost impossible to drive successfully; I'm using the throttle to control the steering as much as the analog because it's still prone to tankslappers.
Aside from that It's enjoyable, when they've patched it I'm going to be putting a lot
Of time into it

Plato99
12-05-2015, 11:39
Patience young padowans, we are sitting on a world-beater here!
The future looks bright, the future is PCars !!!

Suburban Coot
12-05-2015, 11:44
Agreed!
Was a little worried with my pre purchase after reading so many negative comments all over the net, but now that I have finally had my chance to race, boy am I happy with my purchase descision.
Yes it need a little work, but I have not had so much fun with a racing game as I have had with my short time with it so far.
If you love racing, you owe it to yourself to own this little gem!
boy am I happy with my purchase decision. Nuff said.

the dark one
12-05-2015, 12:35
When you get the settings on point there is no beating this game!!

Sankyo
12-05-2015, 12:44
There's still issues with the game that need to be (and will be) resolved, but pCARS is also very different from all race games on consoles up till now. Both things can lead to frustration, but it's necessary to distinguish between the two and not blame the second on the first :) pCARS has a steeper learning curve that requires a different approach. But it is totally rewarding when you stick with it.

Give SMS the time to polish it up and wait for the goodies that will be added the next two years. It's going to be awesome :)

HLR Joker
12-05-2015, 12:51
I imagine many more people will be thinking the same over the coming days, whether they admit it of course is a different matter.

Glad you've turned the corner and are having fun now. :D

I too are in the "hands up" group, although I never totally slated the game. My main issue was my copy was bought as a birthday gift (21!!!....again) by my awesome GF. For that reason I wanted her to see how much the game was enjoyable, all of Friday and half of Saturday screaming with rage didn't go to well. But Sunday and career mode started and even an organised online session and my mindset has changed, roll on the patch, lets see the icing on the cake.

Mark

Hard Luck Racer co-leader

HBK
12-05-2015, 12:53
Hi there.

I'm actually here to admit a much bigger "I was wrong".

When the game was first announced, I would never have believed it could turn out anything good.

So I basically skipped pretty much everything about the game, announces, trailers, you name it, only to have a few friends recently recommending the game after their purchase.

And now, here I am, not regretting my purchase one bit (I must admit the very first laps were rough however :p)

That's not to say there are no issues with the game. But it turned out very, very good.

Man, I'm glad I was wrong :)

Cheers.

Mayby4
12-05-2015, 12:55
Just remember, these behemoths both had rough beginnings.

Give it time, the devs are at least present here.

Lukeymonster
12-05-2015, 16:14
It unlocked for me last night. I was initially worried but then spent a few hours tweaking settings and researching the forums for other's experience. I am definitely in love and look forward to a long long relationship with this game. I am really impressed with the developers level of communication, willingness to address issues and commitment to future content. I can't wait to see where we will be in a few months time. Until then I am having a blast.

MelBonkers
12-05-2015, 17:10

Gamer which road cars are too softy according to you? You can stiffen up suspension/anti roll bar etc. etc. If I remember correctly from the development, the numbers used in the suspension geometry are the same as the real life cars. A WMD Forum member even made an excelsheet that has all the numbers from all the cars and you could use to calculate the correct settings for the supension (fast/slow rebounds etc. etc.).

Raven403
12-05-2015, 17:40
I knew what this game could and WILL be, but that said its not that yet and to be honest its not 99.9% done, not for consoles its not. But good job SMS its def. worth it, i have it on PC and Xbox so I will problably play on PC until X1 gets some much needed improvements but can I just say, for Pcars2 release a BETA so we can mass test it will ya?? ;)

N30n117
12-05-2015, 22:34
There's still issues with the game that need to be (and will be) resolved, but pCARS is also very different from all race games on consoles up till now. Both things can lead to frustration, but it's necessary to distinguish between the two and not blame the second on the first :) pCARS has a steeper learning curve that requires a different approach. But it is totally rewarding when you stick with it.

Give SMS the time to polish it up and wait for the goodies that will be added the next two years. It's going to be awesome :)

Any news on controller patch for Xbox one? Because it's still way way too sensitive even on 0 sensitivity

The 40oz Method
12-05-2015, 22:44
Any news on controller patch for Xbox one? Because it's still way way too sensitive even on 0 sensitivity

I read it is at Bandai for 2-3 days and then MS gets it. I would guess middle to end of next week optimistically. If sooner even better.

Did you check the sticky at the top about the control settings? I followed that and it helped immensely.

yusupov
12-05-2015, 22:48
I knew what this game could and WILL be, but that said its not that yet and to be honest its not 99.9% done, not for consoles its not. But good job SMS its def. worth it, i have it on PC and Xbox so I will problably play on PC until X1 gets some much needed improvements but can I just say, for Pcars2 release a BETA so we can mass test it will ya?? ;)

the way i look at it, & tbh hope SMS devs do too, is that of course its not 99.9% done. its not 99% done. there is more than just DLC planned, my hope is this is an evolving platform the next ~2 years. that means lots of convenient features, optimizations, content, etc -- many of which can be carried OVER to pC2.

im not saying thats an excuse for the bugs etc, but i honestly dont mind them (im on PC, i do understand its worse on XB) as long as theyre being worked on. im enjoying this a lot & am just glad it wasnt delayed again.

denis74
12-05-2015, 23:16
Read this post. Today Ian Bell posted patch info :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24176-SEE-POST-27-INSIDE!-PATCH-INFO-HERE&p=903287&viewfull=1#post903287

Gamer1963
13-05-2015, 07:40
Gamer which road cars are too softy according to you? You can stiffen up suspension/anti roll bar etc. etc. If I remember correctly from the development, the numbers used in the suspension geometry are the same as the real life cars. A WMD Forum member even made an excelsheet that has all the numbers from all the cars and you could use to calculate the correct settings for the supension (fast/slow rebounds etc. etc.).

Hi

In my case it was with the 2013 RUF RGT-8 on Brands Hatch, I can not believe that this car would come with so much bodyroll out of the factory. It feels like I'm sitting on a boat in high sea :p Last night I drove the 1971 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL 6.8 AMG "Rote Sau" and that old, extremely heavy car don't have any more bodyroll than the RUF. I have driven all kind of cars from my Vauxhall Victor 2,3 l 72 model to todays Tesla P85+ and none of them have had so much bodyroll except from one time in my Vauxhall when I drove way to fast into a corner with a almost flat left rear tyre :p But all in all this is a minor fault that I am able to live with at the moment, the racing cars and the carts are a blast to drive and I love every minute of it. I haven't had this much fun since Rallisport Challenge 2 on xBox, I l know that that was a arcade game but the funfactor was over the top in multiplayer rallycross :)

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 07:44
Did you make sure that the over-sensitivity is not due to a bad installation? The proper installation routine would be to install the game, deny any updates until the game has fully downloaded/installed, and only after that apply the update (D1P).

HBK
13-05-2015, 07:53
For those having too much sensitivity even at "0" sensitivity, check the "speed sensitivity" setting (or whatever it's named). It should be at high values, such as 80 in my case.

I'm not sure how these values will perform once the "controller" patch will be released, but for now it greatly helps with playability.

Gamer1963
13-05-2015, 08:03
Did you make sure that the over-sensitivity is not due to a bad installation? The proper installation routine would be to install the game, deny any updates until the game has fully downloaded/installed, and only after that apply the update (D1P).

I'm not sure. When I put in the disk I did see a message about an update, pressed ok and went on with the installation. I now have 18.5 gb file on my xB1. Do you say that i have to delete the game from my xB1 and install it all over again. I really don't want to do that since I'm already at season three in my singelplayer career. Is it possible to save the profile file and put it back after a new intsallation ?

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 08:20
I'm not sure. When I put in the disk I did see a message about an update, pressed ok and went on with the installation. I now have 18.5 gb file on my xB1. Do you say that i have to delete the game from my xB1 and install it all over again. I really don't want to do that since I'm already at season three in my singelplayer career. Is it possible to save the profile file and put it back after a new intsallation ?
File size seems OK, but I'm not sure if that means that the installation went OK but I think it does.

Anyhow, the upcoming patch will resolve the sensitivity issue so you'll just have to wait for that. No re-install necessary.

birel
13-05-2015, 08:55
The patch says whats going to be fixed, but nothing about the frame rate issues? this is what is affecting me the most at the moment.

Sankyo
13-05-2015, 09:02
The patch says whats going to be fixed, but nothing about the frame rate issues? this is what is affecting me the most at the moment.
Frame rate issues seemed to be tied to the controller issues IIRC.

birel
13-05-2015, 09:06
Oh ok, So do the wheel users get no frame rate issues? I nearly bought a wheel from box for 229, now they are all sold out everywhere, that "wheel" teach me!!

HBK
13-05-2015, 09:28
Framerate improvements will come in a later patch. See various recent posts by the boss.

It's always possible that controller fixes could help alleviate some framerate issues, but it shouldn't be significant.

As for anyone experiencing heavy framerate issues (not just the occasionnal tearing due to the frametime slighlty exceeding 16.67ms), try to reboot the game. After a few hours of playing, I usually encounter significant frame drops. Force quitting the game and relaunching it has solved this kind of issue so far.

Gamer1963
13-05-2015, 10:19
Oh ok, So do the wheel users get no frame rate issues? I nearly bought a wheel from box for 229, now they are all sold out everywhere, that "wheel" teach me!!

I have the TX wheel and the framerate issue is there with the wheel to. But it is only in some cars with some tracks in different time's of day. For me it seems like the framedrops occurs when it is much shadows on the track and in heavy rain.

birel
13-05-2015, 10:25
I have the TX wheel and the framerate issue is there with the wheel to. But it is only in some cars with some tracks in different time's of day. For me it seems like the framedrops occurs when it is much shadows on the track and in heavy rain.

Thanks Gamer1963

Stu7676
13-05-2015, 19:01
Have to totally agree with OP. I was rather frustrated when playing this game at first. Some cars remain Undrivable with the controller but when you find cars that work well with it eg - formula rookie it's just amazing! Sat playing it for the last few hours and the game is just astonishingly good. The things that need fixing I can live with for now because when it's right it's probably the best driving game I've ever played. And I've played them all since GP ON PC and pit stop on the C64!

:)